Fort Worth, TX
Texas Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Wesleyan University

Kimberly

Texas Wesleyan is about the students. They have a great motto in smaller is better. I feel that the smaller class sizes help students focus. It is easy for students to get lost, especially in college courses. Smaller classes make it easier for one on one relationships between professor and student.

I would go back and tell myself to get into college sooner. I was a high school dropout. By the time I was a "senior" I had moved halfway across the country and was in school for a cosmetology degree. I would tell myself that college is MUCH more difficult being a mother. I wouldn't let anything come between me and my schooling. I would remind myself of the dreams and aspirations I have. Some advice I would give myself would be to make sure to keep up with all of my school work. Keep my GPA up and make sure that I am taking the correct classes. I would also let myself know not to take classes at particular schools-as they are very expensive and not worth the amount of tuition. Mainly, I would tell myself to get it together and get back in school.

I feel like all types of people should attend this school. Texas Wesleyan isn't for a specific "type" of person. I, myself am a person of "many hats" so to speak. I am a mother, student, employee, girlfriend, daughter, etc. I don't allow any of those things keep me from attending school and ultimately acheiving my dreams. Everyone should see college as a place to learn, not just in your studies, but about yourself as well. I know I have found myself in college.

Liayah

I would tell myself to listen to my mother. My mother consently tried to get me to take duel credit classes, but I would always push back and say no. I would also tell myself to take class way more serious. There have been times in college that I have been hurt because I did not take my high school experiance seriously. An example would be not having a good study habbit in place. In high school I did not study like I should have, and because of that I did not have a good study habbit when I came to college. I would also go back and tell myself to belive in myself. I think that most of the reasons I did't do good in high school sometimes is because I did't belive I could do so. I think most important think I would tell myself is to set goals. Because with out goals going though college and even life is hard.

Someone who wants a small personal place to be that feels like family.

the type of person who should not attened this school is someone who wants a big campus, classes. Or someone who does not want something so personal.

Tanya

Going back in time to when i was a senior in high school, i would first tell myself to concentrate ONLY on school and not so much on what was going on around me. My senior year in high school was the year of rebellion for me and i believe i could have done better than what i did. I graduated with a 3.49 and missed my goal to be in the above 3.5 club. It still bothers me top this day and if i could go back, that is the major thing i would change.

Ana

If it were possible for me to travel back in time and visit my high school self I would give myself advise. While attending high school I did not know much of the possibilities that were available at hand; having the knowledge I know now I would help myself progress in high school. If time travel were possible, I would assist myself by making sure I took the right classes and joined the right groups ahead of time. I remember finding out about Business Professionals of America (B.P.A.) and about the Accounting Club my senior year and not quite knowing what was going on or how things worked. If I could go back in time I would inform myself of these groups and join my freshman year to give myself a chance to do better. I would also help myself join the right classes that would help me expand my knowledge because knowledge is the most important asset a person can have.

Fernanda

Classmates at Texas Wesleyan are one of the most helpful people you will meet, they're dedicated to their studies but like to have fun, if you ever need help you only need as an upperclassman with your same major and you're golden.

I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships and don't get involved in a sorority just yet. They're great girls, yes, but there's too much drama going on and you will really need to focus on those biology and chemistry courses. Take time to get to know more people and attend as many study groups as you are invited to. Don't be afraid of your professors and ask for help, trust me, you'll need it on your first semester. The library's third floor is the perfect place to study, but turn your phone off. That's the most important advice, don't get distracted by the "aweosmeness" of what college life looks like, there's more to it than fraternities, sororities, and friends for life, you have a goal, achieve it, and the rest will follow.

I wish I had knows that sometimes staying in the dorms is a better option than commuting, you get to interact with classmates, be more involved, and attend study groups at all hours.

Clydell

MY CLASSMATES ARE DETERMINED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

MY CLASSMATES ARE DETERMINED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

APPLY FOR COLLEGE EARLY. BE OPEN-MINDED AND EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS. HAVE A PLAN OR GOAL IN MIND, SO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO WORK FOR. BE PREPARED - THERE WILL BE TRYING TIMES. DO NOT GIVE UP. JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT THE HARDSHIPS YOU ENDURE ARE ONLY TEMPORARY; THE PRIZE AT THE END IS WORTH THE STRUGGLE. DO NOT LET PEOPLE DISTRACT YOU. KEEP FOCUSED. MAKE FRIENDS WITH THOSE WHO HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO STRIVE LIKE YOURSELF. GET TO KNOW YOUR PROFESSORS. ASK QUESTIONS. HAVE FUN IN COLLEGE. YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO DO. REMEMBER PHILIPPIANS 4:13 - ''I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME.""

SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT STRIVE TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL SHOULD NOT ATTEND TEXAS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY.

Michele

Smaller Smarter. That is Texas Wesleyan’s slogan and I have to say it is right. When walking around this beautiful campus it is not uncommon for professors to stop me to ask how I am progressing with my classes. They know my name and some I do not have for classes, but meet at campus events. Most of my classes have 8-15 students which allows for more open critical discussion in class and individual attention from professors. I plan on go to graduate school from here. Who better to write a recommendation than someone who really knows me?

First of all college is not high school. You learn quickly that you have a ton of freedom, however there is a price. You are not going to have teachers who remind you that assignments are due, that reading the book is required to pass a test or if you miss a test you earned a zero. It is all on you now. Scheduling everything will be your biggest challenge. Join student government and other organizations because they will pay off like nothing else. Find the gym and make time in your schedule to exercise several times per week. Use the iPhone applications and textbook websites. They have saved me several times. Rent, trade or borrow books. Visit career services to help you revamp your resume. Even if you’re not looking for a job, some scholarship applications and graduate programs require one. Get to know your professors. Someday their advice will kick in and you will need to thank them. Professors might just provide a stunning recommendation letter if they know you. Now, go see that high school counselor that keeps bugging you to drop by her office for scholarship applications. You can never have enough money for college.

I love my school and I love the fact that professors know you so well here. However, that comes with a pitfall too. They know you so well; they know what you are capable of. This is not a school to slide easily through. I wish there was a football team, but we do have soccer, volleyball, basketball and tennis. I also know that the area surrounding the school is not that great, but development is in progress and I hope to see new shops and restaurants around near the campus soon.

christina

i believe that my school is unique because it is such a small college. It is really easy to meet new people and make friends, but also in the same career field as you. Also the teachers are awsome and are always around if you need help. I i believe what sets us apart from other schools the most is that my school has a close bond with its students, faculty and everyone is kind and willing to help in anyting you need help in.

i would read my books for classes and study notes every day. i used to hate to read my book, but the majority of what the professors test you over is in the books not the notes. i have to read alot of chapters for different subjects. I would also not skip a day of reading or studying, because you never know when you going to have a quiz. I believe being one step a head will definetly improve your grades and lower your stress level.

a person should not attend this school if they are not serious about getting a hire education, if they are not willing to put in the time to study for classes, a person should not attend this school if they want to party, and a person should not attend this school if they have school on the bottom of their list of priorities.

Melissa

You can't walk this campus without running into a smiling face or friend.

You can't walk this campus without running into a smiling face or friend.

If I could travel through time and speak to the 17-year-old high school senior, I would let her know life gets better. I would let the 17-year-old Melissa know life will not always be made up of people tormenting her for her faults and differences. I would let her know that once she reaches college she will know what it is like to have friends and be accepted; she just needs to hang in there. Life will improve. I would also warn her about her mother’s death when Melissa is 24 and I would also warn her about her homelessness when Melissa is 25 to 28 years old. I will let Melissa know those may seem like the hardest times in her life; it may seem like she will never be able to overcome either of those situations but if she can remain strong, she will have a better life.

Wesleyan is a private university so the expense is pretty steep compared to other schools in the area.

Texas Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.