Fort Worth, TX
Texas Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Wesleyan University

alexis

My classmates consist of various races, and come from different places throughout the world.

Texas Wesleyan is known for being a bigger, smaller school. They provide their students with the attention they need in order to be succesful.

Yes freshman year will be a bit challenging but not impossible, you must keep this in mind. It will take a while to get used to this new environment, but after doing so, you should be fine. Now the problem I experienced was becoming too relaxed. I didn’t worry as much as I needed to. I thought, well this assignment isn’t due for another month, why bother doing it now? Do not make this mistake! Go ahead and do it. You probably have nothing else to do anyways. This professor has given you the chance to finish this assignment before you become consumed with work from your other courses. This is your opportunity to get ahead. I made a mistake when I chose to wait. When it came time to do my assignment, I had about three others to worry about. This whole entire situation could have been avoided if I would have taken advantage of the opportunity I was given. Your freshman year will be full of new experiences, and new challenges. Don’t worry, just take a deep breathe think things out, but don’t stress yourself. Your freshman year will be an amazing year!

Caitlin

Our business program and our 11 time national champion ping-pong team

Our business program and our 11 time national champion ping-pong team

That every test and quiz MATTERS! To take more college courses so I would enter college with more hours.

The lack of dining service quality and unsafeness

Daniel

My classmates are friendly and welcoming, although sometimes it takes a semester to feel at home there.

Small classes and teachers that are involved and spend time teaching and mentoring students.

Don't wait to prepare, even if you change your plans a hundred times, you are still getting closer to knowing what you want to do with your life.

Kimberly

Texas Wesleyan is about the students. They have a great motto in smaller is better. I feel that the smaller class sizes help students focus. It is easy for students to get lost, especially in college courses. Smaller classes make it easier for one on one relationships between professor and student.

I would go back and tell myself to get into college sooner. I was a high school dropout. By the time I was a "senior" I had moved halfway across the country and was in school for a cosmetology degree. I would tell myself that college is MUCH more difficult being a mother. I wouldn't let anything come between me and my schooling. I would remind myself of the dreams and aspirations I have. Some advice I would give myself would be to make sure to keep up with all of my school work. Keep my GPA up and make sure that I am taking the correct classes. I would also let myself know not to take classes at particular schools-as they are very expensive and not worth the amount of tuition. Mainly, I would tell myself to get it together and get back in school.

I feel like all types of people should attend this school. Texas Wesleyan isn't for a specific "type" of person. I, myself am a person of "many hats" so to speak. I am a mother, student, employee, girlfriend, daughter, etc. I don't allow any of those things keep me from attending school and ultimately acheiving my dreams. Everyone should see college as a place to learn, not just in your studies, but about yourself as well. I know I have found myself in college.

Liayah

I would tell myself to listen to my mother. My mother consently tried to get me to take duel credit classes, but I would always push back and say no. I would also tell myself to take class way more serious. There have been times in college that I have been hurt because I did not take my high school experiance seriously. An example would be not having a good study habbit in place. In high school I did not study like I should have, and because of that I did not have a good study habbit when I came to college. I would also go back and tell myself to belive in myself. I think that most of the reasons I did't do good in high school sometimes is because I did't belive I could do so. I think most important think I would tell myself is to set goals. Because with out goals going though college and even life is hard.

Someone who wants a small personal place to be that feels like family.

the type of person who should not attened this school is someone who wants a big campus, classes. Or someone who does not want something so personal.

Tanya

Going back in time to when i was a senior in high school, i would first tell myself to concentrate ONLY on school and not so much on what was going on around me. My senior year in high school was the year of rebellion for me and i believe i could have done better than what i did. I graduated with a 3.49 and missed my goal to be in the above 3.5 club. It still bothers me top this day and if i could go back, that is the major thing i would change.

Ana

If it were possible for me to travel back in time and visit my high school self I would give myself advise. While attending high school I did not know much of the possibilities that were available at hand; having the knowledge I know now I would help myself progress in high school. If time travel were possible, I would assist myself by making sure I took the right classes and joined the right groups ahead of time. I remember finding out about Business Professionals of America (B.P.A.) and about the Accounting Club my senior year and not quite knowing what was going on or how things worked. If I could go back in time I would inform myself of these groups and join my freshman year to give myself a chance to do better. I would also help myself join the right classes that would help me expand my knowledge because knowledge is the most important asset a person can have.

Fernanda

Classmates at Texas Wesleyan are one of the most helpful people you will meet, they're dedicated to their studies but like to have fun, if you ever need help you only need as an upperclassman with your same major and you're golden.

I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships and don't get involved in a sorority just yet. They're great girls, yes, but there's too much drama going on and you will really need to focus on those biology and chemistry courses. Take time to get to know more people and attend as many study groups as you are invited to. Don't be afraid of your professors and ask for help, trust me, you'll need it on your first semester. The library's third floor is the perfect place to study, but turn your phone off. That's the most important advice, don't get distracted by the "aweosmeness" of what college life looks like, there's more to it than fraternities, sororities, and friends for life, you have a goal, achieve it, and the rest will follow.

I wish I had knows that sometimes staying in the dorms is a better option than commuting, you get to interact with classmates, be more involved, and attend study groups at all hours.

Clydell

MY CLASSMATES ARE DETERMINED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

MY CLASSMATES ARE DETERMINED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

APPLY FOR COLLEGE EARLY. BE OPEN-MINDED AND EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS. HAVE A PLAN OR GOAL IN MIND, SO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO WORK FOR. BE PREPARED - THERE WILL BE TRYING TIMES. DO NOT GIVE UP. JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT THE HARDSHIPS YOU ENDURE ARE ONLY TEMPORARY; THE PRIZE AT THE END IS WORTH THE STRUGGLE. DO NOT LET PEOPLE DISTRACT YOU. KEEP FOCUSED. MAKE FRIENDS WITH THOSE WHO HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO STRIVE LIKE YOURSELF. GET TO KNOW YOUR PROFESSORS. ASK QUESTIONS. HAVE FUN IN COLLEGE. YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO DO. REMEMBER PHILIPPIANS 4:13 - ''I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME.""

SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT STRIVE TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL SHOULD NOT ATTEND TEXAS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY.

Texas Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.