Fort Worth, TX
Texas Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Wesleyan University

Sharifa

The poet in me would tell myself the great words of Maya Angelou "I've learned that making a "living", is not the same as making a "life". I had my oldest son in high school and having someone there to push me would have made the difference in my career path. I thought I needed a quick fix, so I went to medical assisting school. Though I am grateful for my background, I wish someone would have said, live your dream. You have a passion, go for it. Life is not easy no matter what your situation is but you can achieve success if you focus and apply yourself. Just as the transition into mother hood was tough, this transition into college will be another battle, but a battle that can be won. Do not let fear guide you. Dont think you will fail if you have'nt given it a try. Have faith in yourself. You are awesome, and you will be successful.

Windy

Texas Wesleyan University is one big family.

Texas Wesleyan University is one big family.

If I had the opportunity to return back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would definitely tell myself not to waste time completing college. I would instruct myself on establishing a timeline or setting some goals that would help me to stay focused. I would also tell myself not to attend college right after high school but to take a break and enjoy the summer! I would also counsel myself on what type of career field I would be interested in working for the rest of my life and to have a back up plan if the first career choice did not work out to my expectations. It is very important that young people understand that having a plan and setting simple goals are easier than not having a plan at all.

The best thing about my school is the respect and concern that the professors and students have for one another.

Whitney

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself several things. I would advise myself to learn stronger study skills, because when I got to college, I never knew had to study, which really effected my grades. I would also tell myself to use my time wisely; you can party after you study. The most important piece of advice that I would tell myself would be that peer pressure is harder to turn down that it sounds. When you are in the moment of something you know is wrong, but all your "friends" are doing it, it is hard to say no. If those people are your true friends, they will still accept you if you say no.

The worst thing about my college is that there is no school spirit or anything that brings the students together. There is not an intermural sports program or anything that would cause the students to want to hang out on campus.

The typical Wesleyan student is an athelete from a city in the DFW area. The student should know what area of academics they would like to study. If the student is not very strong in mathematics, they should take college Algebra at a community college, because the math department is very challenging. The student should not expect to party very much.

Joshua

Texas Wesleyan University is best known for its law school and academics.

Texas Wesleyan University is best known for its law school and academics.

First I would tell myself to actually put some thought into where I want to go. To not wait until the last minute and be stuck in a school you dread going to everyday. Make a list of the best five schools you could think of and actually visit the campus and not rely on a second party to tell you how amazing or horrible a school is. I would tell myself now and wished I would have stressed it to myself back in my senior year to have pride in not only your school but yourself as well.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the location. Not only is it in a run down part of Fort Worth it is also too close to home. I had a dream of being on my own, time for myself time so that I could learn and experience life for myself instead of it being handed to me by my parents.

Kathy

From my personal experience, Texas Wesleyan University is a wonderful school that provides the best education, which helps develop an individual to their fullest potential.

Life as a high school senior. Time management is pretty difficult with applying for colleges & scholarships, preparing HOSA meetings, and studying for IB exams, huh? Well, my advice is to set your priorities! Yes, life is about living to the fullest and enjoying everything that life has to offer. But limits need to be reenforced! From my college experience, I?ve learned that students are given a great deal of freedom to choose what they want to do and when to do them. Therefore, it?s easy to become lazy or even the opposite- super involved in a lot of extracurricular activities. The most important reason for attending school is to get an education! So the top priority before all else is academics. Throughout the past year, I?ve been on a roller coaster ride trying to figure out the best studying techniques where I could best retain taught information. From starting with chapter reviews & writing side notes to rewriting and working countless problems repetitively, I?ve done it all. Although some methods worked, a lot of them didn?t. Therefore, I must say to simply focus on school and never give up! You can do it!

Words can't describe how much I've enjoyed my studies at Texas Wesleyan University. Through classes, I've meet a great deal of new professors and friends that I know I can always count on if I need any help with my studies. All administrative figures are really friendly and willing to help. For my major and desired career, Texas Wesleyan University provides a lot of information. They has a program named DEAP, which is an early dental acceptance program.

Mark

My school is very uniform because there is a balanced variety of diversity among it whether it is activities, faculty, students, or majors no one will ever feel lefted out or misplaced.

The school itself reminds me of my high school because of the size of the school of classes. The classes of this school is fairly similar to the size of that of my high school around 20 to 25 people and the school is fairly small making it easily to get around. This made it possible for me to adjust to college life fairly easy because it reminded me of high school and I enjoy coming to a school that I can become familiar with so easily.

The advice that I would give myself is very clear and simple which would be learn how to manage your time. I found that the key to college is time management and if you are capable of during this not only will you succeed in school but in life as well.

Sara

Go to school now and don't put it off. It's hard to get back into school once you take off and it gets harder to receive scholarships and financial aid as you get older so you end up having to take out more loans or pay out of pocket. Even if you're not completely sure what career you want in life, go ahead and get into a community college and at least take some basic courses because they'll be required no matter what major you decide to take. Take some time with your counsellor and discover what you love to do and then go for it. Make sure it's what YOU love and don't do anything anyone else wants you to do. A great Confucious quote to live by: "Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Anyone that's serious about doing something great with their life. I chose this school because of the pre-K to 6th grade education program. Those are the most vital years in a young child's life. It's important to have a teacher that understands this and makes the child interested in learning so they too can do something great with their life. TWU is the place to prepare those teachers for this.

Anyone that isn't serious about getting an education. Tuition is expensive, and federal grants aren't enough to pay for it. There's no point in getting yourself into debt or ruining your credit if you're only going to school to goof off. This isn't a party school or somewhere you go just to get a piece of paper - you're here to learn. So take it serious.

Angel

My classmates are women around my age. Some of my classmstes are students that I went to Tarrant County College with.

If I could go back to my senior year, the one and only thing I would tell myself is to wait. My senior in high school was supposed to be my greatest year. I made the varsity cheerleading squad and I was captain of the Track Team. Instead I started the school year off 6 months pregnant with my son, his father nowhere in sight. I transferred high school because; I was too embarrassed to face my friends and teachers. It is hard being a single mother and having 2 kids. I have to divide my time being a mother first, a full-time employee and a full-time student. If i would have waited, I would have been able to dive head first in the college experience by living on campus, maybe joining a sorority, and the opportunity to enjoy all classes. I have been given the opportunity to go back to school. I would like to be able to enjoy that, by not worrying about the cost of school. Please consider me for this scholarship. As a High School Senior I did not think about the things I did and what the consequences would be.

I research lots of information about the school, so I was prepared when I went through the enrollment process.

Lorena

I would advice myself to pay attention in class. If I did not get to know all my class materials in class, and if your having trouble in class ask the teacher. The most important thing I would try to advie myself is to move schools. The high school that I was going to did not help on going to college. As soon as I got to college I was confused with the material they were teaching. I was also schocked that the freshmans in college knew this material the teachers were teaching college. I knew my high school teacher did not teach me good enough and so I think I would of changed school for that fact.

I wished that I had learned more about my subjects in high school. I did not get to learn much when i was in high school. High school was so easy for me. As soon as I graduated from high school I knew that I wanted to attend a college, so I enrolled. Once I was in college it was hard for me to keep up with everything that was going on in my college classses because I did not learn what we were learining in college from high school.

Any kind of person should atten Texas Wesleyan. I honestly love the school. I think that the classes are great the teachers are awsome and try to help you out with any problems you have from school. Any person should ytry this school because everyone is so friendly and welcomed.

Andrea

You need to learn how to be organized. Between work, classes, homework, and social life, everything is about timing. You have to use every minute wisely. This helps prevent procastination. If you plan out your day and know what your should do at every hour and actually do it, it helps greatly. You are responsible for everything yourself now. Only you can make yourself succeed.

Security is terrible. The worst part is that it is a great need due to the location of the school, and teh system is lacking terribly. I never feel safe at night.

Someone who likes small campuses and small classes.

Texas Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.