Fort Worth, TX
Texas Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Wesleyan University

Kristal

My school was the first school to have a black basketball player in texas. It is also known negitively know for the area it is located in. It was crime ridon and poor. The city of Fort Worth is revamping it to bring back people.

I have gotten great examples of how I should be a teacher. They have been ggod and bad. I have leaned to listen to all my students and to make sure that I react to their needs. I have also learned that I must keep in touch with my future students when they leave my classroom. The teachers at texas Wesleyan pratice what they preach and make sure that the teachers they put out into the world are fit to do their jobs.

I like how little my school is. I feel like I am remembered by my teachers each semester that I see them in the halls.

Michelle

Once again, my school is well known for its small, personal atmosphere. The students and the professors are all very close, making for a comfortable, safe learning environment. In addition, Texas Wesleyan has an outstanding reputation among local school districts in regards to the preparedness of its graduating teachers.

I would advise myself to stick with it, no matter what. In today?s world, having a college education is an invaluable asset. After graduating high school, it may seem like you have all the time in the world to go to school; however, before you know it, you get married and begin a family. Unfortunately, this often means dropping out of school before completing your degree. It is important to realize how important expanding your education is. College not only teaches you academics, it also teaches you valuable life lessons. This is a time to expand your intellectual knowledge, develop lifelong friendships, and build coping skills that will assist you for the rest of your life. It is also imperative to work hard and take the education you are receiving seriously. Although it may not always be apparent, the information acquired during college will be invaluable throughout your life.

I love the fact that my school is small, allowing professors and students to get to know one another. Another benefit of a small school is the close relationships you are able to develop with your fellow students. Because of the small class sizes, we all get to know each other very well.

Jacob

My classmates are very helpful and friendly.

My classmates are very helpful and friendly.

If I went back in time I would tell myself to take some college courses in high school to get some college credits and knowledge of how hard some of the courses are. I would work on better study habits., high school homework and test where easier than college homework and test are. I would also prepare myself for leaving home and missing my family.

The location from first glance it looks a little ruff, but once you get to the school you realize it is not so ruff.

Martha

If I were able to travel back in time to my high school senior year, I would tell her to trust and believe in herself that she holds the key to unlocking the right furture. I would tell her to relax and remain calm during the hectic times of all her peers being frantic about thier college choices. I would tell her to go for what she knows she could do and attain in her life by choosing the right track. I would tell her to not be afraid of showing her full potential and don't just pick a college from a billboard on the train because it says call today yet she doesnt know why she is calling. I would tell her that the feeling that she has in the pit of her stomach at that very moment is normal and rushing into adulthood choosing the career everyone says she should do isnt really what she wants. I would ask her do you really want to go for something that doesnt fufil her interest. Then I would explain to her the mistake you will make if you don't truly reach for your goals.

Trent

Unlike high school studying is a major part of college. I would have informed myself in high school to make sure and study harder and get my head in the books so to speak. Studying has become a major part of college life and is essential to becoming a successful college student. I would also tell my old self to make sure that I could adequately clean my room because I've slowly foudn out that roommates can be extremely disgusting. Its also important to realize that your professors are not out to get you as is the common misconception. All of my professors have been extremely helpful and always been there whenever I needed to talk to them no matter if it was in person or via email. I would want to make sure that my old self knows that college isnt a scary thing but is something that can be conquered with hard work and perseverence.

The student advising here at the campus is something that I wish i would have known about before becoming a freshman at a university. Its important to pick the right courses and make sure that your adviser knows what they are doing and helps you to pick the correct courses. Otherwise you may end up with the wrong classes and you then thats an even longer process to drop them, and then pick up other classes. And by that time you may actually be behind in the classes so its good to get it done the first time.

The security program which is at my school is relatively non existent. The school is located in a somewhat bad part of town and occasionally there are things that are going on which are of concern to the student body. Yet despite our surroundings we still arent able to change the security around the campus. The lack of security at our campus not only impacts the student body but also the surrounding community.

Sharifa

The poet in me would tell myself the great words of Maya Angelou "I've learned that making a "living", is not the same as making a "life". I had my oldest son in high school and having someone there to push me would have made the difference in my career path. I thought I needed a quick fix, so I went to medical assisting school. Though I am grateful for my background, I wish someone would have said, live your dream. You have a passion, go for it. Life is not easy no matter what your situation is but you can achieve success if you focus and apply yourself. Just as the transition into mother hood was tough, this transition into college will be another battle, but a battle that can be won. Do not let fear guide you. Dont think you will fail if you have'nt given it a try. Have faith in yourself. You are awesome, and you will be successful.

Windy

Texas Wesleyan University is one big family.

Texas Wesleyan University is one big family.

If I had the opportunity to return back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would definitely tell myself not to waste time completing college. I would instruct myself on establishing a timeline or setting some goals that would help me to stay focused. I would also tell myself not to attend college right after high school but to take a break and enjoy the summer! I would also counsel myself on what type of career field I would be interested in working for the rest of my life and to have a back up plan if the first career choice did not work out to my expectations. It is very important that young people understand that having a plan and setting simple goals are easier than not having a plan at all.

The best thing about my school is the respect and concern that the professors and students have for one another.

Whitney

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself several things. I would advise myself to learn stronger study skills, because when I got to college, I never knew had to study, which really effected my grades. I would also tell myself to use my time wisely; you can party after you study. The most important piece of advice that I would tell myself would be that peer pressure is harder to turn down that it sounds. When you are in the moment of something you know is wrong, but all your "friends" are doing it, it is hard to say no. If those people are your true friends, they will still accept you if you say no.

The worst thing about my college is that there is no school spirit or anything that brings the students together. There is not an intermural sports program or anything that would cause the students to want to hang out on campus.

The typical Wesleyan student is an athelete from a city in the DFW area. The student should know what area of academics they would like to study. If the student is not very strong in mathematics, they should take college Algebra at a community college, because the math department is very challenging. The student should not expect to party very much.

Joshua

Texas Wesleyan University is best known for its law school and academics.

Texas Wesleyan University is best known for its law school and academics.

First I would tell myself to actually put some thought into where I want to go. To not wait until the last minute and be stuck in a school you dread going to everyday. Make a list of the best five schools you could think of and actually visit the campus and not rely on a second party to tell you how amazing or horrible a school is. I would tell myself now and wished I would have stressed it to myself back in my senior year to have pride in not only your school but yourself as well.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the location. Not only is it in a run down part of Fort Worth it is also too close to home. I had a dream of being on my own, time for myself time so that I could learn and experience life for myself instead of it being handed to me by my parents.

Kathy

From my personal experience, Texas Wesleyan University is a wonderful school that provides the best education, which helps develop an individual to their fullest potential.

Life as a high school senior. Time management is pretty difficult with applying for colleges & scholarships, preparing HOSA meetings, and studying for IB exams, huh? Well, my advice is to set your priorities! Yes, life is about living to the fullest and enjoying everything that life has to offer. But limits need to be reenforced! From my college experience, I?ve learned that students are given a great deal of freedom to choose what they want to do and when to do them. Therefore, it?s easy to become lazy or even the opposite- super involved in a lot of extracurricular activities. The most important reason for attending school is to get an education! So the top priority before all else is academics. Throughout the past year, I?ve been on a roller coaster ride trying to figure out the best studying techniques where I could best retain taught information. From starting with chapter reviews & writing side notes to rewriting and working countless problems repetitively, I?ve done it all. Although some methods worked, a lot of them didn?t. Therefore, I must say to simply focus on school and never give up! You can do it!

Words can't describe how much I've enjoyed my studies at Texas Wesleyan University. Through classes, I've meet a great deal of new professors and friends that I know I can always count on if I need any help with my studies. All administrative figures are really friendly and willing to help. For my major and desired career, Texas Wesleyan University provides a lot of information. They has a program named DEAP, which is an early dental acceptance program.

Texas Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.