Fort Worth, TX
Texas Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Wesleyan University

Mark

My school is very uniform because there is a balanced variety of diversity among it whether it is activities, faculty, students, or majors no one will ever feel lefted out or misplaced.

The school itself reminds me of my high school because of the size of the school of classes. The classes of this school is fairly similar to the size of that of my high school around 20 to 25 people and the school is fairly small making it easily to get around. This made it possible for me to adjust to college life fairly easy because it reminded me of high school and I enjoy coming to a school that I can become familiar with so easily.

The advice that I would give myself is very clear and simple which would be learn how to manage your time. I found that the key to college is time management and if you are capable of during this not only will you succeed in school but in life as well.

Sara

Go to school now and don't put it off. It's hard to get back into school once you take off and it gets harder to receive scholarships and financial aid as you get older so you end up having to take out more loans or pay out of pocket. Even if you're not completely sure what career you want in life, go ahead and get into a community college and at least take some basic courses because they'll be required no matter what major you decide to take. Take some time with your counsellor and discover what you love to do and then go for it. Make sure it's what YOU love and don't do anything anyone else wants you to do. A great Confucious quote to live by: "Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Anyone that's serious about doing something great with their life. I chose this school because of the pre-K to 6th grade education program. Those are the most vital years in a young child's life. It's important to have a teacher that understands this and makes the child interested in learning so they too can do something great with their life. TWU is the place to prepare those teachers for this.

Anyone that isn't serious about getting an education. Tuition is expensive, and federal grants aren't enough to pay for it. There's no point in getting yourself into debt or ruining your credit if you're only going to school to goof off. This isn't a party school or somewhere you go just to get a piece of paper - you're here to learn. So take it serious.

Angel

My classmates are women around my age. Some of my classmstes are students that I went to Tarrant County College with.

If I could go back to my senior year, the one and only thing I would tell myself is to wait. My senior in high school was supposed to be my greatest year. I made the varsity cheerleading squad and I was captain of the Track Team. Instead I started the school year off 6 months pregnant with my son, his father nowhere in sight. I transferred high school because; I was too embarrassed to face my friends and teachers. It is hard being a single mother and having 2 kids. I have to divide my time being a mother first, a full-time employee and a full-time student. If i would have waited, I would have been able to dive head first in the college experience by living on campus, maybe joining a sorority, and the opportunity to enjoy all classes. I have been given the opportunity to go back to school. I would like to be able to enjoy that, by not worrying about the cost of school. Please consider me for this scholarship. As a High School Senior I did not think about the things I did and what the consequences would be.

I research lots of information about the school, so I was prepared when I went through the enrollment process.

Lorena

I would advice myself to pay attention in class. If I did not get to know all my class materials in class, and if your having trouble in class ask the teacher. The most important thing I would try to advie myself is to move schools. The high school that I was going to did not help on going to college. As soon as I got to college I was confused with the material they were teaching. I was also schocked that the freshmans in college knew this material the teachers were teaching college. I knew my high school teacher did not teach me good enough and so I think I would of changed school for that fact.

I wished that I had learned more about my subjects in high school. I did not get to learn much when i was in high school. High school was so easy for me. As soon as I graduated from high school I knew that I wanted to attend a college, so I enrolled. Once I was in college it was hard for me to keep up with everything that was going on in my college classses because I did not learn what we were learining in college from high school.

Any kind of person should atten Texas Wesleyan. I honestly love the school. I think that the classes are great the teachers are awsome and try to help you out with any problems you have from school. Any person should ytry this school because everyone is so friendly and welcomed.

Andrea

You need to learn how to be organized. Between work, classes, homework, and social life, everything is about timing. You have to use every minute wisely. This helps prevent procastination. If you plan out your day and know what your should do at every hour and actually do it, it helps greatly. You are responsible for everything yourself now. Only you can make yourself succeed.

Security is terrible. The worst part is that it is a great need due to the location of the school, and teh system is lacking terribly. I never feel safe at night.

Someone who likes small campuses and small classes.

Trevor

As a senior in high school, I had a general idea of what was in store for me when I arrived in college. For me so far in college, it's not attending classes and making the grades thats the issue, it's knowing that I could have gone to a better school that dwells on me everyday. Wesleyan to me was just a 3rd choice of schools, and I ended up going to it because the other two I really wanted to go to (University of Texas at Austin and Texas Christian University) were just out of my current price range, even thought they accepted me and offered me partial scholarships. I had a very good high school resume and was top of my class so I could have ended up with a much better outcome, and it annoys me that I just ended up settling for an average school rather than an exceptional university because of financial constraints. So if I could go back and tell myself to apply for more scholarships other than just the ones the school offers, I may be a student at a more recognized university and I would be enjoying myself much more.

The one distinct thing I remember before attending this school is that everyone praised how "approachable" the teachers are. However, most of the teachers are impossible to get ahold of or are not willing to meet with you to discuss topics in the class. Texas Wesleyan is an OK school if you just want to get your education and not be bothered, but if you want to live the college experience; and go to sporting events, have school spirit, fratertity/sorority parties, etc, then Wesleyan is not for you.

The worst thing about Wesleyan is there is absolutely no school spirit. Hardly anyone goes to sporting events, mainly because we don't have a football team. I'm sure nobody knows our fight song and there aren't a lot of people on campus at most times. It is definitely not as lively of a campus as most other Universities.

Academics is an important part of college life. Take high level courses and get involved with school clubs and organizations...

If I had the opportunity to talk to myself again as a high school senior, I would express the extreme amount of responsibility that comes along with being a college student. It is vital that you maintain a relationship with your school counselors in order to keep on track with your degree plans. Each semester it is the students responsibility to make sure they have registered and are taking the proper courses in addition to setting a class schedule that allows time for study and extracurricular activities. Being a student-athlete this is extremely important. I spend many hours in practice and on the road, therefore my schedule is very full allowing little time for social activities. This can be very demanding, however I would express that for all the time and effort you put into a higher education the return will be much greater.

The unorganized individual who has difficulty completing work without constant supervision.

Varissa

Its a good school, just some of the professors aren't as good as they should be.

As a freshman high school student, I felt that I had plenty of time to know which college I would like to go to and didn't have to make my choice any time soon. But time flew by and it came around time to pick and a college to venture off too, but I had yet to choose a college to attend. Well, I pannicked, I didn't know what to do, where to go or what to think and I was stuck just focusing on colleges that were around my area. So trust me when I say that all parents and students need to seriously plan ahead before time slips away from you and you would have to choose a college that you aren't happy with but is good to go to for the time being. I had all my high school time to think and know what college I wanted to attend. I waited too long, and I really do regret that.

Mainly the people because they are super friendly.

Ashly

I think everyone should visit colleges. You may think you know what school is best for you but you should always visit and find the place that best fits. Even if that school is not a known school and is small, if it is the best fit for you then you should go. Meet the people, the professors and the staff. Ask as many questions as you possibly can. Even visit and sit in on a class for the major you may want and see what it is like. Every school is different just like we are all different. Take the time to explore and find a place you feel that fits with you and makes you feel like home. Don't settle for a school because it is popular or because your friends go there. Everyone has a place that is good for them. Take the time to really look and discover what is out there for you. College will be some of the best moments of your life. Get out there, be yourself and enjoy every moment of it because once you graduate you will reflect on all that you have gained educationally, personally, physically and emotionally.

You should always visist first and meet some people to make sure the fit is right. People who like smaller campuses, greek life isn't their main focus and if an education major they should strongly consider this school. Greek life is okay but not what you see on TV. It is a small campus so it is different. Education is rated #1 in the state for this school so Education Majors should come and consider the programs available.

Someone who is looking for a big, party school. Go to Texas Tech!

Risa

Our school is best known for our pre-law and nursing programs.

Our school is best known for our pre-law and nursing programs.

Parents need to let their children decide for themselves where to go. Students need to pick where they can see themselves progressing the most and can make the most of their future.

People who are lazy, ignorant, selfish, and have negative attitudes. People who are evil spirited, stubborn, and who do not have compassion for others.

Texas Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.