Fort Worth, TX
Texas Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Wesleyan University

Andrea

You need to learn how to be organized. Between work, classes, homework, and social life, everything is about timing. You have to use every minute wisely. This helps prevent procastination. If you plan out your day and know what your should do at every hour and actually do it, it helps greatly. You are responsible for everything yourself now. Only you can make yourself succeed.

Security is terrible. The worst part is that it is a great need due to the location of the school, and teh system is lacking terribly. I never feel safe at night.

Someone who likes small campuses and small classes.

Trevor

As a senior in high school, I had a general idea of what was in store for me when I arrived in college. For me so far in college, it's not attending classes and making the grades thats the issue, it's knowing that I could have gone to a better school that dwells on me everyday. Wesleyan to me was just a 3rd choice of schools, and I ended up going to it because the other two I really wanted to go to (University of Texas at Austin and Texas Christian University) were just out of my current price range, even thought they accepted me and offered me partial scholarships. I had a very good high school resume and was top of my class so I could have ended up with a much better outcome, and it annoys me that I just ended up settling for an average school rather than an exceptional university because of financial constraints. So if I could go back and tell myself to apply for more scholarships other than just the ones the school offers, I may be a student at a more recognized university and I would be enjoying myself much more.

The one distinct thing I remember before attending this school is that everyone praised how "approachable" the teachers are. However, most of the teachers are impossible to get ahold of or are not willing to meet with you to discuss topics in the class. Texas Wesleyan is an OK school if you just want to get your education and not be bothered, but if you want to live the college experience; and go to sporting events, have school spirit, fratertity/sorority parties, etc, then Wesleyan is not for you.

The worst thing about Wesleyan is there is absolutely no school spirit. Hardly anyone goes to sporting events, mainly because we don't have a football team. I'm sure nobody knows our fight song and there aren't a lot of people on campus at most times. It is definitely not as lively of a campus as most other Universities.

Academics is an important part of college life. Take high level courses and get involved with school clubs and organizations...

If I had the opportunity to talk to myself again as a high school senior, I would express the extreme amount of responsibility that comes along with being a college student. It is vital that you maintain a relationship with your school counselors in order to keep on track with your degree plans. Each semester it is the students responsibility to make sure they have registered and are taking the proper courses in addition to setting a class schedule that allows time for study and extracurricular activities. Being a student-athlete this is extremely important. I spend many hours in practice and on the road, therefore my schedule is very full allowing little time for social activities. This can be very demanding, however I would express that for all the time and effort you put into a higher education the return will be much greater.

The unorganized individual who has difficulty completing work without constant supervision.

Varissa

Its a good school, just some of the professors aren't as good as they should be.

As a freshman high school student, I felt that I had plenty of time to know which college I would like to go to and didn't have to make my choice any time soon. But time flew by and it came around time to pick and a college to venture off too, but I had yet to choose a college to attend. Well, I pannicked, I didn't know what to do, where to go or what to think and I was stuck just focusing on colleges that were around my area. So trust me when I say that all parents and students need to seriously plan ahead before time slips away from you and you would have to choose a college that you aren't happy with but is good to go to for the time being. I had all my high school time to think and know what college I wanted to attend. I waited too long, and I really do regret that.

Mainly the people because they are super friendly.

Ashly

I think everyone should visit colleges. You may think you know what school is best for you but you should always visit and find the place that best fits. Even if that school is not a known school and is small, if it is the best fit for you then you should go. Meet the people, the professors and the staff. Ask as many questions as you possibly can. Even visit and sit in on a class for the major you may want and see what it is like. Every school is different just like we are all different. Take the time to explore and find a place you feel that fits with you and makes you feel like home. Don't settle for a school because it is popular or because your friends go there. Everyone has a place that is good for them. Take the time to really look and discover what is out there for you. College will be some of the best moments of your life. Get out there, be yourself and enjoy every moment of it because once you graduate you will reflect on all that you have gained educationally, personally, physically and emotionally.

You should always visist first and meet some people to make sure the fit is right. People who like smaller campuses, greek life isn't their main focus and if an education major they should strongly consider this school. Greek life is okay but not what you see on TV. It is a small campus so it is different. Education is rated #1 in the state for this school so Education Majors should come and consider the programs available.

Someone who is looking for a big, party school. Go to Texas Tech!

Risa

Our school is best known for our pre-law and nursing programs.

Our school is best known for our pre-law and nursing programs.

Parents need to let their children decide for themselves where to go. Students need to pick where they can see themselves progressing the most and can make the most of their future.

People who are lazy, ignorant, selfish, and have negative attitudes. People who are evil spirited, stubborn, and who do not have compassion for others.

Risa

They are diverse people with different beliefs and different desires.

They are diverse people with different beliefs and different desires.

Parents-let your children pick which college they think is best for them. Your pressure on them to attend a university you want them to attend will only make their stay at that certain university stressful. Students-pick the school in which you can see yourself progressing towards a bright future. Make sure the school has the appropiate programs offered you wish to major in.

A person who is very determined and hard-working, someone who is strong emotionally, someone who wants to make the community a better place, someone who has an open mind, and someone who is willing to work.

Risa

Parents-Do not pressure your kids into your almamater or the university you wish you would have attended when you were their age; let them make their own decisions. You have had your college experience, let them have theirs. Students-Pick the college you feel the most comfortable at., because after all, it will be your new "home" for the next four years. Be sure it's a place where you can see yourself excelling, being social, and doing better for yourself. Take into consideration that they have what you need in order to make you future goals come true. Make sure the university offers the appropiate programs you need, and be sure you know the university help you reach whatever it is you need.

In my opinion, the worst thing about my school is the expensive tuition. It was already expensive to begin with, and due to the condition of the economy, it has raised to currently being around $10,000 per semester, excluding books, which for me usually cost around $800. I also don't like it the amounf of money given back at the end of the semester for books, it's usually not even close to being half, and sometimes most of the books aren't even sold back.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the surrounding neighborhood. The school is located right in the middle of two rival gangs, which is very dangerous to everyone on campus. I lived on campus my freshmen and half of sophmore year, but moved home with family due to the dangerous activity going on in the surrounding neighborhood. There have been arrests, theft, gang fights, and attempted car thefts all over campus. I also believe that if the neighborhood wasn't so bad, the school would probably receive more government funding to fix up the school.

Melissa

Wesleyan is a great campus with not too many amenities as far as good food or well lighted parking lots but the cirriculum and professors ensure future success for those students serious about their higher education.

There are several factors to look at when searching for a college, the first piece of advice to look at is class size. Class size determines the effectiveness of learning for some students. Professor's creditials are secondly also very important for their knowledge will be used to create intellect in your child. Also adequate involment with programs and activities to get involved with outside of school work can help broaden a persons mental acuity and help the student explore other avenues of interests. It's also vital to check out finanicial resources the school has to offer. Emergencies do arise and education then may be haulted if not enough funds were allocated in the beginning of the year. Most importantly checking degrees offered at particular university. It makes perfect sense when choosing a school to see if they even have your degree of interest.

Classroom size is one of the best things going to Wesleyan and the professors are positively motivating.

Kimberly

Make sure that the student actually wants to attend the college. Some times parent are the ones who wants the student to attend a certain college. This can develop problems. Usually the student wants to transfer a year or so later. Sometimes credits do not transfer over; then the student has to make up for the credits lost.

The location, because it is close to where I live.

Small classrooms and being able to interact with the professor .

Texas Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.