Texas Wesleyan University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas Wesleyan University

Evelyn

Texas Wesleyan lives by "Smaller, Smarter." Meaning that all students get attention from professors that will help them be successful. Office hours and through email are the best ways to contact professors. There aren't many restaurants or shops around but there are shuttles available for students. Academically, the school has great programs, especially for those who chose to major in business. Any student who needs help has access to the academic success center with free tutors who volunteer their time to help in almost every subject area. Overall, the school is a great place to be.

ivan

The school itself is set on a "bad" part of Fort Worth but when you set fourth on campus is like you walked into a new environment . The staff is their for you at all hours even at times after their office hours they are their for you. The people are also friendly their is no hatred towards people, we all come to like one another.

Briana

It alright I guess, but I feel like they keep messing over all the students every year with raising the prices. Then not given people anymore money to finish paying off the school. The policies need to updated about the whole not being able to register until the bill is paid, and not start on the new 16 block hours.

Paulina

Texas Wesleyan is a private university and has been around for many years. I have seen improvements, however, not as quickly as any student would expect. The professors are very dedicated to helping students with achieving success, and receiving the help they need in order to understand the material presented in class. Professors are willing to meet, as well as spend time to make sure students understand the material. The ratio for teacher to student is 20:1. Additionally, professors have connections to outside resources for internships and such that only help students for their future. As a current student, I really appreciate this for the purpose of asking for help and receiving resources when needed. As for the culture, the culture here is very friendly and very big. Students are very supportive with sports and other school events, as well as when it comes to what we believe in. Students are not afraid to raise their voice for what they believe in. Being surrounded by such supportive classmates and professors is very calming and makes me proud to be part of the Ram family. Even though we are a small, private school with much improvement needed, the individuals I am surrounded with make my college experience here worth every second.

Kiana

My experience at Texas Wesleyan University is that academics is a priory there, but lately it has been about innovating the campus to make it look more presentable to the public. The classes are smaller and it is pretty cheap for a private school. The food is okay and not many places are there eat at or do anything, but be active in the school community.

alex

Texas Wesleyan is very small, I could walk from one end of the campus and be able to reach the other in about five minutes. Which in the end is very convenient if you take your time getting up in the mornings. Your professors will always know your name because they just always seem to know everyone. The atmosphere is pretty cool everyone is always nice so it's easy to make friends especially if you live on campus. The dorms always have events which makes it easier to socialize even if you don't like it. RA's will personally bang on your door and drag you out to just to participate and meet new people. Overall Texas Wesleyan it's pretty good but lets talk about the negatives. Number one the food at Dora's is horrible, yes you will get the occasionally yummy mash potato's but every other day the food sucks. Not to mention that the employes always close an hour before they're suppose to which makes you feel rushed to finish eating. Secondly after 7 p.m. if an event isn't happening the campus looks dead. There's no one out. The only sound that can be heard is the screeching sound of police sirens on the next street over. It sometimes feels as if after 7 everyone just magically diapered and now I'm left by myself in this very small campus. Lastly the location of the university isn't the greatest, living next to streets filled with police sirens or occasional car races doesn't always feel so safe. I mean inside the campus is as safe as can be but once you cross Wesleyan street you're on your own. Yes Wesleyan does have it's bad moments but in the end you learn to like it.

Drew

Great small college where you will know the names of everyone in your classes. There is always activities planned with student life. The faculty is amazing and always willing to give you a hand and be available outside of class and office hours. Great administration as well that are willing to help always.

Morgan

I began attending Texas Wesleyan University in the Fall of 2018. Initially, I was to attend sooner however, due to a traumatic medical event that was not possible. When I was finally ready to return to Wesleyan, I was welcomed with open arms. Growing up with several medical circumstances have placed many obstacles within my academic life such as, missing out on school activities, and trying to uphold my grades and assignments. Thankfully, the school staff members were all willing to work with me and continue to do so. Along with each staff member, my professors without a doubt have been an absolute blessing. Unfortunately, with my medical history, I must miss quite a bit of class days which, causes me to fall behind with assignments. However, each of my professors is always understanding and willing to work with me. Genuinely I know that they each care for me and only want me to succeed. Many times, I have come to them with questions about grades, missed assignments, notes, etc. and I am always helped above and beyond. Texas Wesleyan University was not my first choice, initially, I wanted to attend somewhere away from home. I wanted to go somewhere that was not the same as my mother who is an alumnus of Texas Wesleyan, but I am truly content with my university decision. Attending this university has shown me that they are all about inclusivity and want every student to succeed far beyond their potential. I am truly grateful for all they have done for me. Well after I have graduated I will have them to thank for helping me pave a way towards a great future.

Cerenity

I love this school. It is small enough to where the professors know your name. This is really good because the professors make you feel like if you have any problems, you can come to them. I feel like sports and clubs are very important to the university.

Jacqueline

I was not sure whether I wanted to attend Texas Wesleyan, because I never got the chance to visit and learn about the campus. I decided to go with a friend and learn more about Texas Wesleyan and how the experiences of being a student at Wesleyan was. I loved it and change my mind about the University instantly. The staff and students there make you feel like if you're a part of a family there. I am glad I considered it a choice because now I wil be attending this University in the fall and can't wait to see what Texas Wesleyan has in store for me. Such a nice campus where I am close to home.

Julia

I love Texas Wesleyan! Since it is a smaller school, the professors really get to know you one on one and it's great. Teacher to student ratio is 1 to 15 and you won't have more than 20 students in a class and even that might be too many people. Love the campus!!

The campus is very small and there is hardly anything to do. On weekends, you wouldn't be able to tell anyone even goes here. In the cafeteria, Dora's, the food is never really good. Every now and then it's decent, but nothing to brag about. Also, all the workers there close up early so it's hard to eat and not feel rushed by them to get out.

Estela

There is no better school than Texas Wesleyan! I believe that Texas Wesleyan is great school, because of the small class sizes they provide. The professors are great and they all have an open-door policy, so every question you have should be answered at a timely manner. I highly recommend Texas Wesleyan if you are searching for a school that cares about your learning.

Judith

Great school spirit and student involvement!!!

Sandra

Great school and environment. Personalize education. Great facility and small family feel.

Angela

My overall opinion on Texas Wesleyan relies solely on what I can truly regard as the ability to thrive in the community. The people I have met at this school I would not change for anything in the world. I got so many freshman scholarships and hope to acquire many more to continue going to this school. I got my first job working in the admissions office for this school and am hoping to gain many more connections as time ensues. Everyone I have met cares about one another and are generally very nice to each other as well. "Smaller. Smarter." is the catchphrase that best encompasses what this school has achieved. The teachers care deeply about the students' successes and for many majors and fields, allow for the students to have one-on-one time with them when needed. The food is excellent and offers a myriad of options to enjoy and will soon have many more as buildings and businesses have become incorporated with the school as well. There are a variety of organizations to follow and through them, I have met so many great friends and acquaintances that are near and dear to my heart. One special thing the school offers is the ability to make appointments with the president of the school through his secretary. Any issues that arise can be spoken about and dealt with, directly with him. The security on campus is well-advanced in the field and are watchful of all students, commuters and residents alike.

Alexander

Texas Wesleyan University really lives up to it's "smaller. smarter" values. The classroom sizes are intimate and personal. The academics are excellent and the professors really care about the student's well being beyond their education. Being a student-athlete (baseball), the athletic community is the majority of the universities enrollment, so they are taken care of very well.

Daniel

It is an amazing school and I am ready to attend. The theatre department is so beautiful. The main thing the caught my attention by the small class sizes. Everyone knows everyone on campus. The starting up football team is amazing and everyone seems ready for the games.

Andre

Nice and small school with great academics. Athletics aren't a big thing which is unfortunate for the talent that participates here. Professors have a great connection outside of campus to hook students up with internships and careers after graduation.

Cory

Texas Wesleyan is a great small school. If you loved the high school size classrooms then this is the place for you. It's awesome because you get to know your professor and your professor gets to know you. TCU is about ten minutes from campus and the famous Stockyards about 20 minutes from campus as well, which are really fun and a great shopping area. All in all the school and state of Texas is an awesome place to be and go to.

Chyann

I absolutely love the campus and atmosphere. I knew the minute I stepped on campus it was where I wanted to attend.This will be my second year on campus and I love it even more today than I did when I started. I have made so many new friend, well "Ramily" that I can't imagine ever leaving them. The staff and student workers were so helpful in answering all my questions. I hope to become a Ram Tour Guide this next year so that I may be able to share my experiences and encourage others to attend. From the moment I arrived each time I felt safe with security always available and the security gates. One of the biggest factors was the smaller class sizes being from a smaller town I looked for that in particular. I love their slogan “Smaller is Better.” One of the things I remember them telling me is how the dean is always walking around the campus getting to know his students and you won’t get that at a larger school.

Angel

I love my Ramily! We are like a family and there is an org or club for every interest. the food and housing is pretty good although the food could be better. The professors are usually helpful and available and nice. The campus security and cleaning could be a lot better.

Scott

It's a good traditional school, however, there service to non-traditional students is lacking. Course selection is limited and due to the schools predilection for traditional students. Non-traditional students suffer from limited offerings and blocked acedimic programs.

Tyler

I enjoy the student atmosphere that Texas Wesleyan University has. The fact that I am able to know everyone on campus is nice and that it makes the adapting process much easier. I would change a few things such as the cost of tuition or the fact that you have to get a meal plan if you live on campus.

Brian

Texas Wesleyan University is a great non-profit university focused on educating the surrounding community primarily. Scholarships and financial aid are easily found with some programs allowing community college graduates to transfer in and receive their bachelor's for free through the university. What stands out as the best part about the university is the access to mentors and professors. There are no TAs. Office hours are flexible with professors and I spent many hours talking to my professors and advisers about everything from academics, graduate school, career aspirations, and all non-related information. You are a part of a family rather than just a student among the masses.

EmmaLeigh

This college was not by fay my first choice. I had hoped to get into two other colleges but I did not get accepted. Upon further research, I learned that Texas Wesleyan has one of the best computer Science programs in Texas and it's scholarships help pay for tuition. Another huge thing for me was location. I can live at home and commute to college, as the campus is only three miles from my house. The upper classmen are very friendly, they will gladly give out directions on how to get to a building. The community always gets people involved in activities such as smores, homecoming, and workshops. We have free tutoring and counseling. There are great locations for food. Everything is within walking distance, you don;t have to leave your parking spot and drive to a building that's on the other end of campus like most big schools. The professors are very friendly and have an open door policy which means that if their door is open you can come in and ask them questions about the lecture that day or for help on homework. I very much enjoy being a student here at Texas Wesleyan.

Chyann

I absolutely love Texas Wesleyan! The professors and staff are so helpful and I have made many friends since I have been on campus. Everyone is so helpful and supportive of each other from what I have experienced so far. I love the smaller class sizes and professors who are willing to meet with you if you struggle. As a freshman we have a class that helps us to learn to manage time, classes, sports and it has been a great help as a new college student. When you get close to the campus area you think wow this looks like a rough area, but once on campus you feel completely safe and security is always around if needed.

Halle

I have been attending in Texas Wesleyan University for about three years now. Texas Wesleyan excels in their amazing professors who really care about you and your learning, but they lack in dining options and campus housing. I lived on campus for my freshman and sophomore year and the money we payed for it was definitely not worth it. You had to get the meal plan in order to live on campus and the meals were less than subpar. I ate in our dining cafe probably only twice a week. However, I will say that the people that I have met in my time at TWU have changed my life for the better. While Texas Wesleyan does have its downfalls, I will always be grateful I met my lifelong best friends while attending here.

Tryfina

I love it. The classes are intense but that’s great. The teachers are easy to get along with and are available if you need to talk with them. Everyone from the President on down has an open door attitude. They genuinely care about the students. I’m glad I chose that school.

Rusty

Small classes and welcoming professors make it very hard for you to not graduate with good grades. Lots of resources on campus and there is always someone available to help you. The school itself encourages a healthy lifestyle to help a lot of incoming freshman fight the freshman 15!