Denton, TX
Texas Woman's University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Woman's University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Rebecca

If I could go back and tell myself what I know now I would tell myself not to be so scared. It is easier than most people think. I would also tell myself to be prepared to never have a second to waste. Between work and school there is a lot of stress on time. The college life is nonstop but easy to excell in as long as you dedicate yourself to what is important. I would tell myself not to be afraid to ask questions because the professors want to help you. College is not like in the movies or on TV.

The kind of person that should attend this school is definetly not just women. Many males do go to this college. This is the perfect school for someone who wants classes about the size of high school classes. Also someone who wants their teachers to be involved. The smaller classes allows the professors to engage and remember students names as well as help more often.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the tuition is increasing fall of 2015.

Kaitlyn

A quaint little school that allows ample opportunities to finding the future career that, not only perfectly matches you, but allows you to benefit the world in a positive light.

Here's the deal, times are quickly changing. You are about to enter a crazy whirlwind of life that will be equal parts of terrible and beautiful. There are things that will happen out of your control, but know that everything will make you stronger. Stand strong in your beliefs and don't change them just because you think someone is cute. If people want to leave, let them go. Better people will choose to stay. There are a few job opportunities that will come in early, but you will push off until later. Take them, because you'll miss being able to only do them just once. You're a strange girl, just embrace it. Part of your quirkiness is the reason behind some of the best friends that you have. As much as you love your t-shirt and jeans, try dressing up. You will come to enjoy it and it really does help your confidence level. Remember that it's alright to receive help from people and it's alright to achieve things on your own. School is important, but socializing is as well. Find a balance. Remember to breathe. Enjoy the life around you!

I think the best thing about TWU was my mentors. Many of the professional staff at the school (teachers and program coordiators) helped shape me and guide me for my next step after graduation. They helped me through difficult times and were always there to give me adivice or just be a listening ear. Each of my mentors helped me see the pros and cons to multiple life decisions and contsantly encouraged me to reach whatever dream I was seeking. I would not have made it to graduate school without their help.

Abigail

The most obviously unique thing about my school is it's predominantly women. Other things that made it stand apart were the the small campus size, strength of the kinesiology department, and its closeness to a large city. I also really loved the honors program because it offers many opportunities that other honors programs don't! All of those were things I knew before I got to school, but once I started I found that all of my professors were very approachable and enthusiastic about their subjects. Most of my classes were fairly small too. It's very diverse too!

If I could go back in time and give myself advice while I was I high school senior, the first thing I would say is not to take AP Calculus. I didn't know this until I got here, but even if I had passed the AP Exam, the credit I earned wouldn't have gotten me out of any classes here. It's important when taking dual credit to make sure it will work in your favor! Another thing I would say is to be patient with friendships. I struggled in high school with feeling a part of a close friend group. I would encourage myself to keep being a friend to everyone and don't give anyone reasons to be mad at you, and eventually you will build strong relationships over time. I'm still struggling with that now, but I've gained that perspective with patience that I didn't have before. Finally, I would tell myself to stay ahead on homework and not let deadlines pile up. If you are strategic about getting projects done and space out your work, you will save yourself a lot of stress at crunch time!

The worst thing about my school doesn't have anything to do with the educational side of things. From my experience so far, that part is great! However, not having very many guys really changes the atmosphere on campus. I also wish we had more sports teams (guys sports teams would be nice but that couldn't happen here) and that people didn't go home on the weekends. Most people go home because most people who come here live fairly close to home!

Erin

As a high school senior, I was very academically focused and this would often stress me out to unordinary extents; furthermore, the anticipation of transitioning into college only heightened those extents. If I could go back in time and talk to my seventeen year old self, I would say just one word: “relax”. I have recently completed my first semester of college at Texas Woman’s University, and the transition was not nearly as tough as I imagined it to be. I truly love the college experience and I encourage many others to advance to higher learning. I would tell my high school self that in the future I am exactly where I want to be and I love where my life has taken me. Truthfully, all I would want myself to know is that trying my best was enough. Lastly, I might hint to myself that I need to purchase some rain boots because the roads at Texas Woman’s University turn into rushing rivers during a thunderstorm.

The smaller classes offered at Texas Woman's University is by far their most favorable factor. By having an average student-faculty ratio of 22:1, I am able to have a more hands on experience in the classroom. I acquire a better understanding of the material being taught through the allowance of questions to be asked during lectures. Furthermore, my ability to form a familiar relationship with my professors makes the classroom environment more comfortable. Establishing an applicable foundation of information is important since I want to be successful; therefore, I find these small classes to be very beneficial.

Before I came to Texas Woman’s University, I wish I had known that it is a flood zone during a rainy day. It is extremely vital to have a pair of rain boots if you are going to be a student at TWU; just an umbrella will not do the job. However, rain boots alone will not do the job either. An umbrella and rain boots compliment each other very well. Lastly, having a raincoat never hurt anyone.

Jasmine

My classmates are very friendly people who just want to make the most out of themselves like everyone else.

If I could give my high school self advice it would be to take full advantage when it comes to preparing for college and do not procastinate. Look into majors, research schools, and find scholarships. I did not dedicate myself to these as actively as I should have in high school and now I wonder if I am on the right track or if there is more I should be doing. I also say to research schools because sometimes I wonder if I made a mistake jumping straight into a four year university since I often feel like I am way ahead of what I am capable of. Lastly, I say find scholarships because student loans are a killer and I often worry about whether I will be in debt for the rest of my life trying to pay for an education i'm not even sure I can complete. I would advise my high school self to try be prepare for the future basically and don't waste time. You are young and don't have to have all the answers but be sure this what you want and make a plan on how to get there.

The worst thing I consider about my school is the intense work load you will have if you don't manage your time well or procastinate.

elizabeth

I would tell myself not to worry so much. While college is not easy, you are smart and you can do it. Study hard, but also have some fun. Do not put off going to school, it is important especially for what you have planned in life. Ask questions when you do not know the answers, and listen carefully to everything that the professor says. Do not rely on anyone else, you are the key to your future and your happiness. Tomorrow will be here before you know it, do not waste today or you will have regrets.

It is a very competitive school to get into. This means that everyone that is there has worked hard to be where they are and will work hard to get where they want to be.

The type of person who is not willing to work hard to acheive their goals.

Texas Woman's University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.