Texas Woman’s University Top Questions

Jasmine

My classmates are very friendly people who just want to make the most out of themselves like everyone else.

Amber

My classmates are friendly but seem afraid to make new friends that they are not familiar with so it takes a while to warm up to them.

Mohammad

My classmates are very friendly and academically focus.

Diondra

i think that my class mates are friendly, helpfull, and they have a yearning to learn.

Cassandra

The age ranges from 18- late fifties and about 90{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the students are women.

Deonesia

Thy are very friendly and out going, they are also helpful when it comes to studying for test and doing homework.

Montyona

Many of the students here at Texas Woman's University of which I have met and observed are friendly and accepting. I feel comfortable and loving In the environment here at TWU. The university is a diverse campus which causes many different races and ethnicities to interact and bond. Once you become comfortable, one may find many life long friends.

The students at TWU are all nice and friendly. Everyone in class will help you out. There is a lot of diversity here, you will hear a lot of different cultures and religions. There are mostly girls here, but if you major in a science (nursing or PT) there will be a lot of guys in your classes.

Kiran

TWU is very accepting of everyone. No one is really judged on their outside most of the time. We have a student population that come from all over the world, are different ages, and different sexual orientations. Since TWU is a non-traditional school with many commuters who are older, I feel like this helps making the school more accepting and respectful. We have students that range from 18-80 and it doesn't stop there sometimes. There are many organizations students can join and most of them are about helping others in need, which I truly respect. We have a large international student population and I know they also fee at home at TWU and they even have days set up for their programs so other students can learn about their culture. It's pretty much all about giving others knowledge at TWU, whether it is about sexual orientations, international cultures, or how to help an elderly

Chalette

The students here are very diverse. You will see a number of the LGBTQ community as well as a number of heterosexual couples. I believe that the students here feel that they can express themselves without judgement, so that is what we see as a result. Of course, there are those same groups, the popular, the jocks, the preps, but that is only evident if you make evident. There are a lot of students that are non-traditional meaning, they did not come here straight from high school. There was some time between graduation and acceptance here at TWU. Some of the younger students appear to be well off, but there is a balance of those that are struggling and have to work 1 or 2 jobs in order to take care of themselves. The diversity of cultures and socioeconomic status is what I love and respect about this school.

Larisa

TWU is a very loving and open community. Now while we are not as liberal as our neighbors at the University of North Texas we are very accepting of all students. We have international students, LGBT students, student parents, returning to college later in life students, disabled students, all kinds, and they all can easily feel at home at TWU.

Larisa

Nicollette

My school is home to a wide variety of students and offers an atmosphere in which no one should feel out of place. Everyone can find some place to belong. Overall the students are all fairly "normal" assuming that word can accurately describe anything, but there is certainly no reason anyone should feel out of place at TWU

Olivia

My classmates are very motivated but also fun. Our honors study group is very focused and supportive of each other.

Kaylee

My classmates are attentive and behave well during lectures.

Jasmine

Students are very diverse and culturally aware.

Kristin

Diverse, friendly, energetic, dedicated

Kena

My classmates are intelligent and driven individuals.

Melodie

My classmates vary in ages from very young to very old like myself. As I stated above I take most of my classes online, but we get to know one another through our posts to each other. I enjoy getting to know them very much.

Fun to talk to and really there for me when I need them.

Adrianne

My classmates are diverse in cultures and consist of mainly females.

Leslie

My classmates are dedicated and focused on reaching as high as they can to obtain their goal of a bachelor's degree, and they have shown their determination by studying hard and producing the grades needed for just that.

Amber

Determined to pass

Most of my classmates are quiet, female, and democrat. Most do what they are told and minimally question the teachers. It is a very comfortable, non-violent environment.

Joy

Hilarious. I am always laughing in my classes

Luz

students in my field (nursing) are very competitive

Meredith

My classmates are smart, inquisitive, and have great senses of humor.

Christi

My classmates are great. They help me to be a better student. They encourage me to study and learn the information i need to so i can succeed in life.

Affifa

They are not out to get each other. We tend to study together either with partners or group study.

Misty

My classmates are an eclectic bunch, from varying cultural and geographic backgrounds, but they are all helpful, respectful, and easy to get along with.