Austin, TX
The Art Institute of Austin

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Austin

Jamie

The Art Institute of Austin is where I've developed these network systems within the school with my peers, I see them as people I will want to work with in the future. It's a place to collaborate artistically. This is a school that’s helped students come out of there shell, where classes overlap and fundamentals of art and along with its history and culture are shared with students that came from different programs. By being exposed in such close proximity together you can’t help but run into classmates in between classes and that's where the collaborations start to happen and it translates between different fields of art. A graphic artist can pair up with culinary along with photographers and musicians, musicians collaborate with animators and vice versa with dramatic intros and music videos. It's a wonderful time to spread out and try something Fashion majors reach outside their comfort zone and paint in life drawing classes. We are immersed in textures smells and forms and shapes from traditional to digital we are here to learn and although the teacher provided us with the tools the resources and atmosphere allows us to not only learn from the classroom but from each other, each medium is interesting we get glimpses into the others profession there passion and its intoxication. We have chalk walks where we enter in local art contests we care about having a voice despite your views they want you to vote. Dean's list achievers have lunches where they discuss issues and voice opinions on how things can work better for the school they voice concerns and debates on open gun policy, they are proactive in weather conditions with accessible test alerts if proves to be dangerous. At this school, I learned how to speak publicly and organize schedules I worked with artist that varied in age from students 19 years old to some over 50 in the classroom we all equally wanted to learn and equally were willing to help one another. I use to practically live in the library although the school was small it was also packed with interesting and necessary books that helped me throughout my classes. I remember taking my husband to a Stranger things prom they held at the school being thoughtful keeping in mind lots of people probably never went to prom. It's a school that's extremely attentive, thoughtful and mindful of what your goals are and strive to help you achieve them.

Cristine

I love that this school had increased my passion for m art and my desire to continue pursuing it. The classes are filled with students who feel the way that I do about creating so a lot of our energy bounces off each other well. The professors are industry experienced and even professionals so are able to offer insight as to how we need to improve in order to get hired in our fields, it's incredibly helpful to be taught by them as well.

Sean

My first bit of advice is, "Don't wait". You can make all the excuses you want but none of it matters in the long run. The money for school is out there waiting for you to grab ahold of it. The longer you wait the more life will get in the way. You don't want to have to try going to school while raising a child and struggling to pay the bills. Next thing you need to do is get better at doing your homework. Homework in college is mch more important than it was in highschool. Gone are the days of putting things off until the last minute and turning in a rush job just for a grade. You need to work hard and get your priorities straight. You dont need to worry about your love life instead focus on your education and make sure that your future is secure before thinking about starting a family. Besides women like a man that can pivide for the family and resent those that can't.

Your success is imortant to the faculty and there are a lot of resources to hep you. From Job placement assisstance to tutors you can get any help you might need.

Kalee

I could tell you all the things you should’ve done. I could inscribe endless in-depth paragraphs and illustrate examples of what you could have achieved from merely taking the time to study more. It will be hard; an uphill battle to pass your final tests, but you will do it. You should have applied for scholarships during your time in high school to lessen the financial stress on your family. You should have sat down and practiced speaking Spanish. Half of my family is from Mexico and it is part of my heritage, if I had practiced I could have had more conversations with my Abuela. Had I done that, I could have understood more of my family’s history and heard some of her amazing stories. Had you taken it more seriously; you would be able to have talked to her before she passed, but now that has been added to my list of regrets. College is important, but pushing away your family isn’t something you should consider. Remember, they are here for you and will always be proud of you. You can and will be successful!

Art has always been my passion and it’s the reason why I’m pursuing my dreams in advertising design. I’m very appreciative in the fact that I can attend the Art Institute and find my professors to be informative and have the ability to provide the incisive insights that will help me become successful in my field. It’s wonderful to know that they are truly interested in your progress and are willing to take time out their own schedules to help your understand certain concepts or problems you might be facing within your assignments.

I went to the Art Institute based on their advertising design and instantly felt this was what I wanted to do for a career. I found out that there was a scholarship that I could apply for, but later received a letter stating that I was no longer eligible for since by the time it had been entered I had applied for AI and was starting my first quarter. Had I known that beforehand I would have applied sooner for the scholarship.

Jose

Design in different feilds such as video games, media arts and animation, culinary, and much more

Get all of the small stuff like acedemics done first at a comunity college first then move on to what you want instead of diinging in head first.

to go to this school school first before I went to TSTC, or atleast get my bachleors sooner.

The Art Institute of Austin administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.