The Art Institute of Austin Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The Art Institute of Austin

Cristine

I love that this school had increased my passion for m art and my desire to continue pursuing it. The classes are filled with students who feel the way that I do about creating so a lot of our energy bounces off each other well. The professors are industry experienced and even professionals so are able to offer insight as to how we need to improve in order to get hired in our fields, it's incredibly helpful to be taught by them as well.

Jamie

The Art Institute of Austin is where I've developed these network systems within the school with my peers, I see them as people I will want to work with in the future. It's a place to collaborate artistically. This is a school that’s helped students come out of there shell, where classes overlap and fundamentals of art and along with its history and culture are shared with students that came from different programs. By being exposed in such close proximity together you can’t help but run into classmates in between classes and that's where the collaborations start to happen and it translates between different fields of art. A graphic artist can pair up with culinary along with photographers and musicians, musicians collaborate with animators and vice versa with dramatic intros and music videos. It's a wonderful time to spread out and try something Fashion majors reach outside their comfort zone and paint in life drawing classes. We are immersed in textures smells and forms and shapes from traditional to digital we are here to learn and although the teacher provided us with the tools the resources and atmosphere allows us to not only learn from the classroom but from each other, each medium is interesting we get glimpses into the others profession there passion and its intoxication. We have chalk walks where we enter in local art contests we care about having a voice despite your views they want you to vote. Dean's list achievers have lunches where they discuss issues and voice opinions on how things can work better for the school they voice concerns and debates on open gun policy, they are proactive in weather conditions with accessible test alerts if proves to be dangerous. At this school, I learned how to speak publicly and organize schedules I worked with artist that varied in age from students 19 years old to some over 50 in the classroom we all equally wanted to learn and equally were willing to help one another. I use to practically live in the library although the school was small it was also packed with interesting and necessary books that helped me throughout my classes. I remember taking my husband to a Stranger things prom they held at the school being thoughtful keeping in mind lots of people probably never went to prom. It's a school that's extremely attentive, thoughtful and mindful of what your goals are and strive to help you achieve them.