Charlotte, NC
The Art Institute of Charlotte

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Charlotte

Brianna

I really like the Art Institute of Charlotte. The campus is close-knit and everyone is friendly. The classes are interesting and teachers are more than willing to help. Also, the teachers have actually worked in the field they're teaching. I feel that I am gaining valuable knowledge and skills that will benefit me after graduation and will help me get a job in my chosen field.

Roxsana

My opinion is that it is a small college. The class sizes are nice and the teachers help out almost all the students in class that need some help. The teachers are great they know what they are doing. The teachers are willing to meet students one on one that needs help. They give out contacts where they are best to be reach at. The faculty and students are mostly friendly to meet and interact.

Aron

I love the art institute. I have learn a lot and I like the that everyone cares about each other. And helps each other in class work and projects. The teacher at the school are amazing. the do everything to help us but most importantly they push us to do our best. in The Art Institute we, as student push each other more and more so that we can be ready for the real world.

Keara
Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The best place to get work done on campus would be in the classrooms or library.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

What are your classes like?

My classes are very upbeat and fast paced. Very hands on as well.

The kind of person who should attend this school would be someone who is upbeat, is not intimidated by short deadlines and who has a love for art in general.

The worst thing about my school would be the cost of attendance. It is priced way too high with limited to no resources to pay for it.

samantha

The Art Institute is well known for how creative students are and the career focus on students and indivuals.

If I was to go back in time as a high school student, I would give myself some very strong advise. I would tell myself that I need to keep an open mind while searching for a college, and not to give p when I get my first acceptance letter. I drove my self crazy looking for a college, espically since I was looking at the last minute. I had always wanted to strive for culinary arts, but i didnt keep an open mind for other fields of studies or colleges. I would tell myself to never wait for the last mintue to finish or start something and to never rely on someone else. You have to do the work on your own in order to gain knownledgement for your self.

Anyone who is creative visually should attend the Art Instutite because you have to have a open mind to view different things in the field you are studying.

Maria

The were ok some looked at me starnge I didntt really talk to alot of people because they judge me on they way I looked and dress and thought I could not be good in that career field

I would give my self an A I handle myself well in college although I was becoming depressed I held it together and did not give up on myself If I could go back in high school I would have changed the college because it was too much to handle the cost of living in apartments and the cost of eating when they had no meal plan

The cost was took much I could not afford to pay for school and I begin to not affor to pay for food I kind of was starving I don't have my parents to have a good support behingd me being in college so I had to pack my things and withdraw from school and go home

JOANNA

Seniors, please pay attention to your GPA! I know you're at the end of the ropes now and hopefully you were already doing this, but make the most of your time in high school! How seriously you take your education from pre-K to 12th grade is the foundation of how the rest of your life will be. Without a good education/GPA you may not be able to go to the college of your choice or receive "free" money to pay for your tuition. It is very important that you take your education seriously! You only get one shot! Yes, you can always go back when you are 40+, but you don't want to still be trying to get your degree if you can help it; you want to be off into your career making power moves. So my advice is to definitely stay focus, work/study hard!!! Do not get distracted with trivial kiddie things like boyfriends and girlfriends! That part of your life will come, but if you are not mature enough to handle juggling the two then you must make your education a priority and your love life a casualty (for now ;D).

Someone that is not open to other people expressing themselves and living in a very open and liberal manner.

Jerry

Life is so short , so take advantage of your young years and your young mind why you can. I've often heard it said , a mind is a terrible thing to waste. I have found that to be a true statement. If I would have had the mind to really listen so many years ago,I probably would not be in school now. I would have my degrees and be getting ready for retirement.

Lorena

The Art Institute of Charlotte is an artistic school focused on academics; it is not a liberal arts school.

The Art Institute of Charlotte is a private college and as such offers much attention to each student as an individual.

If I could go back talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell my younger self that I cannot expect to submit the same quality of work in college as I did in high school, and expect a good grade. When I started college, I quickly learned that college held me to a higher academic standard. I feel that my high school in no way prepared me for college life, or the college work load. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself the importance of creating great study habits, and teach myself some of those habits. I would tell myself that no matter what, procrastination is never the answer. Finally, I would tell myself to start being more outgoing. As a shy 17 year old about to start college, I did not know that hardly anyone would take notice or help me unless I took the initiative and spoke up. I did not know that no one would answer the questions that I did not ask. I would tell myself to have confidence in my abilities, and to always hold tight to my values.

Candace

Go to college after you graduate high school, and even if you don't leave the state try to live on campus or student housing. Living "independently" can teach you a lot of useful skills you will need as an adult. When choosing your major think about 2 : 1.thinks about career that will actually get you a job in the future, and make a decent salary, 2. think about a career choice that will make you happy, so you don't find yourself frustrated a few years down the line and trying to make a career change. Enjoy your time at college ,live much, learn much - because when you go into the real world the fun is over. If you are lucky enough to just have this time to get an education you should take it and get everything you can out of it.

The diversity of people and being exposed to all these "artistic" minded and creative people. It is also great the way each area of study can help those in the other study areas. For instance when the culinary students need pictures of their plating the photography students can take the pictures for them, and then they both can add them to their respective portfolios.

I basically love my school, but it is a very expensive school and grants and loans are not able to cover all my needs, that is the most frustrating.

The Art Institute of Charlotte administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.