Denver, CO
The Art Institute of Colorado

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Colorado

Joseph

Culinary: Baking and Pastry Diploma I started the culinary baking program at the Art Institute last April and was told I would have the tools needed to succeed throughout the program. The equipment only works sometimes if you’re lucky to get something to use at all. Often times the classes do not have all the ingredients needed for recipes or were missing key ingredients. I am currently in a chocolates course where we constantly run out of chocolate. I had a meeting with the dean who called me a liar and refused to believe the state of the classrooms and equipment. He then agreed and said that they’d purchase more mixers but last minute we only received orange power cords on mixers that still leak oil. The hypocrisy at the school is astounding and it is definitely stemming from the apathetic ears or the faculty, starting with the Dean. As it turns out, I am a straight A student and haven’t missed a single class (even though those classes are not conveniently scheduled, they’re all 6-11PM three days a week.) Being only a baking and pastry diploma student, there are no honors with this diploma, only my personal drive and financial recognition. I would never give this institution any money for a culinary degree if I were able to do this experience over. I would absolutely look harder into any other institution that offers a baking diploma if that’s what you’re going for. The dean is useless when made aware of the colorful terms chefs use to describe students and the state of the equipment available to us. Attending school here I have had instructors who have used the word ‘retard’ in a loose manner and freely admit to liking students and not others and pointing out who they want to fail. The graduating students have spent their quarter not knowing how to pass courses because the instruction hasn’t lead them to pass. The instructors have asked classes I have been in 'why would anyone be stupid enough to pay for a culinary degree?' We are told our grades don’t matter on a weekly basis. The colorful language by the chefs is only something that the dean I met with, would support. This institution has been an overall disappointment and given a do-over I wouldn’t do it here. I do need to say that the truly great chefs I have had, have really struggled to make do with nothing. On a side note, I have also been solicited drugs on campus by a fellow student.

Raheem

My overall opinion of The Art Institute of Colorado is that so far, I've had an amazing experience due to the great staff and resources available to students. Teachers are extremely helpful and really cater to your needs in a way that no other school does.

Jacklynn

The teachers and staff are very helpful and they encourage students to succeed. The most important part is the financial aid team. The school is affordable thanks to the employees at any Art Institute. They also communicate on a regular basis with the students, to keep us on track and organize. Learning at the art institute is fun and the experience gained from this school improved my knowledge and creativity.

The Art Institute is a well developed community. This school gives students great opportunities to learn their major in depth, and well outside of their major. The Art Institute may not be the typical college but it lets students take advantage of different kinds of peers and staff that will create a network of people to collaborate with on projects. This networking that this school provides is essential in all the majors provided at this school. The networking and valuable resources help students obtain a career faster compared to a traditional school even before they have graduated. Overall the Art Institute of Colorado is a great school for anyone looking into one of their majors because of the immersion into the career that it gives.

Dacy

Students seem almost always busy, if they are not working (job) in school then they are doing their homework. It is hard for me to find someone who is not doing something. It is an expensive school, and I think the majority of them are struggling just like I am, financially. so there is no time to waste. Other than the school pressure they are very open to talk, if you need information. I also find them very friendly. I had no trouble finding friends, and I am not a talkative person. They also create different clubs one can join. Those are great, because you get to know more students form different programs.

Teri

The worst thing about my school is the travel. The Art Institute of Colorado's campus is spread over the city of Denver. This makes for added expenses and added stress. Another problem with having the campus buildings seperated over at least 10 blocks is that there is not enough student parking most of the time.

There is a high price to pay for a good education, not only financially but you have to put in the time. If you don't have the drive to achieve any of the degrees they offer then you shouldn't attend.

The things that I would mention to myself as a senior would be to discover the best way financially to achieve my degree. Attending an Art's school is quite expensive. So, I would have told myself to start at a junior college for my general education classes and then transfer to the Art Institute. I also would have told myself to start early to fill out scholarships and to fill out as many as possible. As far as transitions go I would tell myself to keep up with my studies but to take time and enjoy myself. A lot of my stress is due to financial concerns so most of my spare time is taken up with filling out scholarship forms. Between full time school and work it can be difficult to take time to "stop and smell the roses."

Kyrstianna

The Art Institute of Colorado is a fun environment filled with highly skilled instructors, a very personable staff and excepting students.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self knowing what I know now about college, I would tell myself not to worry so much. Don't stress about the little things because everything will work out. I was very worried that I wouldn't find anyone to connect with because the university I attend has a wide variation of age groups, not like a normal college that has freshman, sophmores and so on. Work hard, to your best and make sure you are just yourself and you will do fine. I would tell myself to take in as much knowledge as humanely possible because the time goes by so fast and before you know it you are already in your second year, so don't take it for granted because life goes fast and you don't want to have any regrets, could have's, should have's or would have's.

People who should not attend this college are those who do not have passion or drive.

I wish I would have know the amount of work that would go into obatining this degree, and how so many of my fellow students would be young, immature and unwilling to work as hard to get things done. To many of them assume culinary is an easy degree with no work. They are wrong.

If I were to give myself advice, the advice would be: To pay attention to what’s important. When we’re young, we focus on things going on “now”, but focusing on “now” isn’t the way to plan for success. I would stress to myself that while personal relationships and romance are important, they come with time and maturity, and what you find in the rush of youth never lasts. I would tell myself that school is the most important thing I could do. Success in school and success in a work environment would be the defining factors on how I would achieve what I wanted in life. College is where many of us begin to find ourselves and if we focus more on that discovery, we will find ourselves to be a much greater person who knows who they are and how to work hard to get what they want. We spend so many years wasting our time and energy chasing the wrong things. So I would tell myself to study hard, get a job, and ignore all of the boys and parties because there will be time for that later when I have achieved my personal goals.

I covered this in the question above, the most frustrating thing is being among so many who do not take school, or life as seriously as I do.

Janie

I would tell myself to listen to my mom. She told me to look at Child Development but I didn't listen. I tried everything else instead. Then finally I did try Child Development but it was to late to tell my mom she was right she died from cancer two weeks into the start of school.

Joseph

Dream big, hustle hard, those would be the last words I would say to my high school senior self. I would tell my former self how much potential he has, and that he has the oppurtunity to cultivate a raw talent he possesses. The world out there is a fierce world, there are great people out there that may seem to make you feel that you are so insignificant and small, and you may feel the people that make you feel that way are regarded as geniuses in this world, where you're not. But, I can tell you that you're wrong, you have a different type of genius that no one else has, you're a genius of hard work, a genius of passion, and a genius of will, with that alone you can surpass the worlds greatest. You can't do it alone, college will help prepare you surpass the world, but college alone isn't enough, you must engulf yourself in your dreams, and proceed with no regrets always putting your life on the line. I believe in you in every way, dream big, hustle hard!

The Art Institute of Colorado provides students with accelerated programs in the fine arts such as photgraphy, fashion, and the culinary field. Here at the Art Institute of Colorado you can truly focus on your dream alone without having to fufill other requirements such as science, history and other general studies, they do provide the necessary general studies you need, but generally this school is for big dreamers in the toughest industries.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend The Art Institute of Colorado is the type of person that lacks determination and dedication. One cannot truly acheive greatness off a an outline or idea they have in ones mind, it takes a will and passion surpassing that of others. People that are here or attempting to attend this school just to do it or have something to do should step out, and I believe that goes for anybody, come with the right mind set and show the world what you're capable of.

The Art Institute of Colorado administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.