Denver, CO
The Art Institute of Colorado

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Colorado

Rebekah

Our school is best known for individuality and creativity. It's also known for being able to express yourself in your own way and developing your talents to the fullest. It helps you learn techniques and skills to better equip you for your industry.

Life is not all about the social aspect of things. In other words study your butt off. Every grade matters and don't procrastinate. Learn to multitask and time management.

I honestly love my school. I have learned so much I can't think of anything bad.

Efrain

My school is very unique in many different ways and is very outgoing.

My school is very unique in many different ways and is very outgoing.

Advice i would give myself would be, to really think criticaly about my decion on a school. I only say that because I am transfer student from California and decided to move back to Colorado because i could not live in Los Angeles, alone, financially. When i moved back, i moved back in with my parents and that made my college life so much easier. Although i do live about 40 minutes away from the school, so i do have to commute to school. If i were to get a scholarship, i would hope i would be able to use the money to help me move closer to school, so i would not have to commute everyday. Over all, if I could go back in time, i would ask myself, is L.A. the right place for me? at this point in time in my life. My answer would be no, i would stay in Colorado and go to The Art Institute of Colorado and study for Fashion Design as planned.

I mostly say how great the program is here. My major is Fashion Design and the program is amazing! i've only been here for less than a year and i've really already learned so much! The teachers here are great and really know what they're doing. I'm really glad to be here.

Fatima

I would inform myself not to take a break after high school, and I would advise myself to remain at home where living cost is affordable. I would propose taking my education seriously because my decision irrefutable will be my tomorrow. Knowing what I’ve learned about school, I would suggest taking all lower level classes at a community college and then transfer to a University. I would suggest approaching all classes as if they were jobs.

Jade

If I could start over, knowing what I know now I would make my own path instead of following in the foot steps of others. I would focus more on school than on what is going on in the moment, making it my highest priority. I would have more confidence in myself and my abilities, instead of looking for acceptance from my peers. I would understand the meaning of what a true friend is and surround myself by them. I would focus on my future, knowing that in the end you can really only count on yourself to make it happen! I would be confident being me!

Anyone who is not really interested in learning or being pushed.

It does not happen often, but when you feel like your not getting enough out of a class, we are paying for it... I want to learn something valueable.

Lisa

My classmates are talented artists. For the most part, they are young, art-minded and non-conformists.

High school was a time of great pressure, both socially and educationally. I challenged myself by taking honors classes, and I would not change that as it helped me to grow and be challenged. However, I would tell my high school self, that being motivated and trying my best is important, but being perfect is not. I would empasize that mistakes are a part of growing, and is actually a learning tool if you learn from them and grow further.. I would let myself know that being accepted by others is not as important as being accepted by yourself. I would worry less about being liked by others, and more about appreciating the person that I am. I would impart the knowledge that loving yourself and loving others without being judgmental makes life so much easier and more enjoyable. I would stress less about schoolwork and social standing, and find more peace in my heart.

Creativity is encouraged and students grow exponenially throughout the experience.

Chad

Most of them aren't near as enthusiastic as I thought they would be before I came here. There are some students who are serious and want to try and excel but the vast majority of the students I see here act severly bored in class and I honestly can't figure out why. I pay money to learn. That's how it works. I could learn a lot of what I need for my profession from the internet but I need a slip of paper that certifies I've put forth the effort in my field of study.

To be honest, and I hope this organization is one that won't exclude an applicant for that, but if i could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a senior I would say.....DON'T CHANGE A THING! I'm sorry but if I don't give you the answer your looking for by telling how I should have told myself to wise up, listen to my parents more, go to class I would be lying. If went back and changed things well then I might now be in the place I am now. And I'm happy with who I am, where am I'm at, and where I'm headed because I fully heartedlty believe if I hadn't gone through my life the way I did and making the decisions I did then I wouldn't be where I'm at now. I'm currenlty on my way of earning a bachelor's degree in Graphic Design and I plan on getting my Masters in Art Therapy after this. Nothing will stand in my way. I'm focused because I've learned through my LIFE experiences, don't have regrets.

The teachers. They really are knowledgable about whatever class they teach because they all seem to have a broad base of wisdom for art in general. Each one of the teachers I've had have strived to push students to be the most creative and ambitious they can. This is something I wish I would have had more growing up, teachers allowing students to be creative. Granted it's an Art school but even the math teacher I've had here kept me interested during class which is a first with math.

Logan

The Art Institute of Colorado is a great school for comfort, in finding creativity. Although it is rather expensive and there is not enough equipment for the amount of students, I enjoy the personal connection the professors provide.

The one thing that I wish that I knew before I came to this school; is something that they don't teach in school, or explain as in depth with the experiences we have in real life. Dealing with real people and real problems, I wish I would have known how to help people without sacrificing so much of my time.

Amelia

From my college experience I have gained knowledge and the processes through which I attained that knowledge has transformed me in ways that have made attending college valuable. I have grown as I sacrificed hanging out with friends to read another chapter, or had an apple for a snack instead of a bag of chips so that I may be focused in lecture. Everytime I turned off my phone, stopped blogging, walked away from the television and missed season finales of the shows on the tip of everyone's tongue because I knew I needed to study, I matured as an individual. I became aware of the tasks at hand and their purpose: education is the gateway to a better life for me, a way to overcome my adversary. My college experience has taught me about the minor detours that must be avoided as they make realizing my goals difficult as I lose focus. It is a valuable experience to attend college because I am fulfilling my goals of acquiring an education, but I'm also attaining the tools to focus, be aware and accountable, and forever be a successful individual, that will one day help others.

Eurania

Attending The Art Institute of Colorado has been a great learning experience, because within my Design Management program I have gotten the opportunity to study business as it relates to the design world within graphic design and photography. My ultimate goal is to become a Creative Director or Art Director within the design industry. The education that I am receiving has been very valuable, as I have learned so much from my instructors as well as my peers. I am learning how today’s ever changing business market brings the need for creative people and innovation. Keeping employees motivated is a very important part for the survival of a business. Project managers, creative directors, and the like need to be able to get the best performance from their team. I have gained great leadership skills, and I am learning how to bring out the best in creative thinkers.

I wish I would have had some previous computer program knowledge. Such as working with the Adobe Creative Suite design software. I would have also wished I had a complete understanding of my financial aid and all of the scholarship/grant opportunities available to me.

Someone who seeks to work in the design, fashion, or culinary industries.

Angela

specializing in a certain area of degree

In the year 2009, a pediatrician told me that I was going to be my daughter’s best advocate. I knew that I was, but the words connected me to the diagnoses given to me on the day she was born. I could not have been more or less prepared the day of her birth. It was very surreal to see the Down Syndrome in her angelic face. I read books and googled all the information I could about Down syndrome to know what I would have to give her so she can thrive, grow and have every opportunity as her peers. In giving her every opportunity, I know that I need to have the foundation and financial resources to make sure that her needs will be met. It made sense to pursue an education in a something that I have a passion for. She is my driving force in putting my goals and dreams back on track after putting it all on hold to raise my first set of children. It is never too late to get an education and make a dream become a reality. Sometimes it takes someone special to advocate for the advocator.

The Art Institute of Colorado administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.