Denver, CO
The Art Institute of Colorado

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Colorado

Iam a non-traditional student who never had any artistic training in high school. I returned to school after 30 years and have had the most wonderful experiences I could have every had. I am graduating in December of this year and am looking forward to my new life as a photographer. During my time here, I have gotten to know some of the best people in my life and I know that the will always be a part of me when I leave. I have learned so much, not only about myself but about people as well. I have also got to share my life experiences with the young people here and think that some of them will take my experiences with them. So my giving back is very rewarding. When I leave here I will take all my new experiences with me as well as leaving some behind. I am a true believer in the statement "You are never to old to learn." I seem to have been reborn, and what is really amazing is I am always competing with my daughter to see who gets the best grades. She always win but that's ok with me

McKenzy

My college experience has greatly expanded my horizons. I was a very sheltered person from Nebraska who loved art and i moved to Colorado to follow that dream. I am much more outgoing and can do so much more on my own than i ever could before. I have met so many great people and have made some life long friends, and im not even done with school! Allong with great relationships i have gained the knowledge and ability to do something that i love and i am so lucky to have that. There are so many things really that i have gained from being a college student and i would never trade it for anything.

That your school loans could also pay for outside housing and that ou dont have to move into the School sponsored housing. I was very happy when i could move out and get my own place with more room.

The worst thing about the Art Institute is that it gets really crowded and also people a lot of the time dont take care of the schools equipment. The classes are crowded and that sometimes makes it harder to pay attention and also makes it harder to park for class because we only have 100 parking spots.

Eric

.The Art Institute is a school that helps students hone their artistic skills and learn to apply them technically to a variety of mediums with moderate to heavy workload in a creative, supportive and challenging environment.

I have gained many things from attending The Art Institute beyond classroom knowledge. I have gained confidence in myself and my work that was lacking. I have gained an understanding that I need to be creative and productive in my life to be a happy and complete person. The instructors have given both support and guidance in searching for internships and work. Most importantly I have realized that I had lost a joy in my life. I have found that joy again in a rediscovered love of learning. I am finding that feeding my mind has become a thrill and a challenge. I always want to know and understand more. I want to discover new ways to apply what I have leaned. Learning is no longer work and consequently work has become exciting. It is not something I dread and try to avoid but it is where I get to challenge myself to be better and to explore. The thought of not working has become boring. This change in perspective and renewed love of learning is the most valuable thing I could have learned. I cannot put a price on it.

Students at this school should be artistic, driven, friendly and creative. They should be able to work in groups socially and be able to work successfully alone. They should be self motivated and willing to study and work beyond the classroom requirements. Students really need to enjoy the field that they are studying. A person attending this school should have a good idea of what they want out of the school and where they want their education to take them so they can shape and focus their studies for their best advantage.

Lashonda

One of the qualities I LOVED about my school is that it isn't a huge campus. There's no foot ball field, gym or tack. I go to school everyday in this small building that has only three classrooms, one computer lab and 4 cooking labs and thats ALL. The atmosphere is very intimate, fun and professional and I love how everyone knows everyone!

I was fresh out of the United States Navy when I enrolled in school. I went into this new experience with a mind set that after completeing basic training and all of the other challenges the Navy threw at me, I could handle anything! In the eight months I have been attending The Art Institute of Colorado, I have learned that my experiences in the military were only a small percentage of the challenges the world has to offer me. Perhaps most important, my college experience has taught me that following rules and trying to live up to standards isn't the only way to reach an objective. You can't be afraid to use your imagination, take matters into your own hands, and create new possibilities. Attending this school has been valuable to me in that my experience here has opened me up to see the infinite potential I have to make my mark on the world, through gaining an education in culinary arts. I am looking forward to learning everything I possibly can from my instructors in these next three years I will spend working towards earning my bachelors degree in food and beverage management.

The type of person who should attend this school is someone who wants hands-on experience in a field relating to art. I am a culinary arts major and I was in a kitchen, with a knife in my hand and a huge bowl of beef bones and vegetables infront of me, making stock on my first day of school! Other culinary schools I looked into didnt allow you into a kitchen until after you've taken your general education classes first. So if you want a fast paced road to a degree, this is the school for you!

Cajah

The value of a college education is immeasurable. A degree may be needed for job placement and peer-acceptance, but the experience itself gives an individual a sense of accomplishment that carries throughout his or her life. My personal college experience has been a positive one. I have set several educational goals for myself and with the encouragement of friends, family, and instructors some of those goals have been met. Thankfully, the last goal of graduation is within my sights. The determination to follow through to the end has instilled self-worth, confidence, and the knowledge that I can do anything I set my mind to. Ultimately, the knowledge and experience gained by college life will provide an opportunity to enter in a beneficial career and show my children that pursuing an education can open doors for them as well.

The equipment was great and the school did a great job keeping up with the latest software.

My classmates are diverse, entertaining, and you don't really know what type of people you're going to meet. They're just a bundle of mysterious fun.

Well, for starters I wasn't planning on going to college right out of high school. Like many others, I was going to wait a year to save money so I could have a good start with college. Then, my grandfather called The Art Institute of Colorado because he knew that it would be the best thing for me. He was right. I have learned to manage my time better with homework. Homework I actually want to do. At the Art Institute, I feel like I belong. Every day I'm surrounded by people who have as much passion and love for what they do as I do. Being there has taught me that I can do what I love. What I've dreamed of doing my entire life. Being in college has taught me that sometimes you need that push in the right direction to get you started with something great. I have my grandfather to thank for giving me that push. I love college and I plan on doing all it takes to get that degree come 2014 for my graduation.

That really is a tough decision mainly because I don't really dislike anything about my school. The only thing I can think of, really, would be the parking. Five dollars a day? I think I can speak for all of the students who have cars (I personally don't have one, but quite a few of my friends do) when I say they would much rather be spending that on other things; rent, school supplies, food, etc.

Nhi-cam

Compared to other school the Art Institute of Colorado start right away on what the student wants to major in. It's like coloring every single day and it is for a grade.

From what I had gotten out of my college experienced was a wonderful feeling of satisfaction. On the very first day, four hours I thought was going to be dreadful, but in a blink of an eye, it went by so fast that it didn't even feel like it had been that long. I made a new friend that right off the bat, felt we had been friends for a long time. The teachers are excellent in explaining their subjects to the student, and I love the fact that I am allowed to doodle and draw each and every day that is for a grade!

Those who don't desire to be creative, are lazy, and have no motivation to express their inner emotion.

Malisa

On July 13th 2009, I entered The Art Institute of Colorado as my sweaty hands gripped a freshly printed schedule. I was nervous. It was then, on my very first day of college, when I vowed to myself that from this point forward, I should take steps to mature to prepare for "the real world." Almost a year later, I feel I am well on my way. I am even considering starting my own company; such an idea would not have even crossed my mind when I started at The Art Institute. Since then, I have gained a sense of confidence in myself-- a confidence that will continue to grow as I move forward towards my degree and as I enter the workforce. Often, I am told that The Art Institute of Colorado is a place of both education and business. It is the business aspect that allows students to develop professsionalism and time management skills. I reflect on the anxiety I once felt towards the school and laugh; surrounded by inspiring peers and experienced teachers, I had no reason to be nervous. I've come to realize that at The Art Institute of Colorado, I'm in good hands.

The curriculum at the Art Institute of Colorado requires someone who has exceptional time management skills. The Art Institute of Colorado offers a fast-paced, accelerated learning environment; therefore, those who are not self-motivated should not attend this school.

Brett

Amongst many of it's rewarding degrees, I would have to say that The Art Institute of Colorado is best known for the quality of its photography program. It is the reason why I chose to attend, and is the reason I know I will be successful in my future endeavors in Photography. The school provides current equipment, current networking connections, and current technical information. Though, what really drives the photography program above other schools is the balance of technical school and fine art program you recieve there. With this wonderful program, I know I will succeed in my future.

If it were not for my college education, my growth, as an adult and as an active member of my community, would have forever been stunted. For, because of the experience, I have learned the value of my peers, and of a higher eductation inside and outside the classroom. This potential to learn has allowed my mind to open to all possiblities and pushes me to pursue my dreams against all odds. Of course, there have been times of struggle (as there are with all great endeavors), but it is because of each of the pinnacles to every mountainous undertaking, that I could see the open seas of success past the great mountain range of self discovery which is my college education. My education, though given a price by others, is priceless to me. Without it, I would remain stagnant in the desert pools, eventually growing too large and slowly suffacating in my lack of knowledge. It is because of this education that I will truly find freedom, and with that freedom, help my fellow man discover themselves and find their own ways out of the desert of close-mindedness, and across the mountains of discovery to the freedom beyond.

Probably the most negative part of the Art Institute of Colorado, is that outside of class facilities are streched to the brink. With only 100 parking spots for students, and a rather small Cafeteria where students can eat, the school struggles to provide enough space for students. Though, these shortfalls can be understood in the current economic climate and lack of federal funds for education. One can also find a way around the problems if one thinks creatively.

Jason

My school stimulates those with creative and artistic outlooks on life to focus their visions into career paths, and allows those who have given up hope on their dream jobs to attain them with confidence and experience.

As a college sophomore, I find it astounding how much I?ve learned about myself and how my decisions have affected my life. If I had an opportunity to offer myself advice as a senior in high school, I would begin with telling my former self to loosen up and put to rest any worries about what others around me are doing with their life and to focus on my own. I recall being so distressed with the decisions my friends were making with their lives; I forgot to focus on my own. Next I would tell myself to research who I am and what colleges exist out there. I find myself still wandering around other school?s websites with a thought of ?what if?? And lastly, I would tell myself to decide what makes me happiest in the world, and to do it. Regardless if happiness is in another country, or taking a year off to decide what I want to do in life. But ultimately, I am happy with my path and have no regrets. Thank You and Best Regards,

A person that would attend the Art Institute of Colorado should be intested in their field of art and be driven and assertive. For those that have been disatisfied with other institutions generic classes and want to focus on a career based program that will allow them to live a comfortable life creating art every day should attend the Art Institute.

The Art Institute of Colorado administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.