Denver, CO
The Art Institute of Colorado

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Colorado

Holly

My classmates all love what they are doing, and want to have a future as being a chef.

I would tell myself to make sure that you get enough sleep each night, because when you are in your cooking class you don't get brakes and you are on your feet for 5 hours. So you need to make sure you are fully rested so you are ready to go.

The thing that I brag about is that I get to bake in class while they are in a classroom listening to lectures and taking notes.

Demetri

My classmates really find school interesting and really wanna succeed in life, just like me. Every one at The Art Institute of Colorado really seems to be enjoying their time in class. We all actually look forward to going to classes, talking to the teacher, working on assignments and projects, and just learning how to do things that will help us in Video Production. My classmates are great and i'm becoming really good friends with all of them and i'm sure will be able to help each other succeed in our careers.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school, one of the most important things I would tell myself is to go to college for Video Production. I say that because, working worth videos is the best thing I have done with myself. Its completly change my view on life and I always i'm looking for to going to class. When I was in high school my Multimedia class was just another elective, working with videos was fun, but it wasn't something I seen myself having a career in. When i graduated high school, I went to Metro State for criminal justice for a year, which made me lose my complete interest in going to school. Than after that year, one of my friends wanted me to make their basketball highlight video. When I made that video, it made me realize that I really had alot of talent when it came to making videos. Its now two years later since I first graduated, and I now go to college at The Art Institute of Colorado. I love everyday I have a class there. Its the best decision I have ever made.

When it comes to my college experience at The Art Institute of Colorado, i dont really have any frustrating moments. I think me choosing the AIC for Video Production, was one of the best choices I have ever made. The instrutors and students their are all great, every one seems to be there to help me succeed. The only problem i had at first was getting used to the four hour classes. It wasn't normal for me, but my Instrutors have made it very easy for me to adjust to. I enjoy going to The Art Institute of Colorado.

Danielle

The Art Institute of Colorado is a progressive educational facility where the faculty and staff encourage their students to chase their ambitions, get involved in their community and work together with their peers to best be able to shape and expand their skills and knowledge.

The Art Institute of Colorado did a great job recruiting me by providing me all the information I needed regarding the program I was interested in and by thoroughly answering other questions I had when I was getting information about schools. I had requested information from 2 other schools and they did not impress me like AIC did. Now that I am a student at AIC, I feel that the instructors and staff have done a great job educating me and encouraging me in my education.

If I could advise my teenage self regarding the transition from high school to college, I would probably advise myself to do exactly what I did. Even though I did not know what I wanted to do for a career going into college the first time, I still think it was a good thing to do. I wouldn't advise myself to take a year off and work between high school and college, because I think the risk of never going to college then is just too big. Plus, I think college is a great time for a teenager to transform into an independent adult. Plus, even though the degree from my first college education is not currently useful, it did help me to find the path that led me to discovering my passion for Culinary Arts. So I would advise myself to go to the University and work hard but also to have fun and enjoy life and discover what in life makes me most passionate.

Stephen

The Art Institute of Denver is very focused on hands on learning which helps me to obtain information learned better then memorization of textbook learning. The school is located in central dowtown Denver which maks it difficult based on traffic and large population. The instructors here are career focused and have an understanding of industry in the subjects they teach.

Upon completion of high school and after graduation I decided not to pursue college seriously but rather to work full time in society. After three years of going nowhere I decided to obtain direction in my life when I joined the United States Army. I did three years in which I deployed to combat and also learned a new way of discipline and self motivation. I entered college immedaitly after my honorable seperation from the military and have maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout my first year of college as well as to date. If I could go back in time I would convince myself to pursue college immedaitly after graduation from high school. Why this is important to me is because I would of already had a degree and been working in industry towards a new career. I feel that I have started late and would have liked to start college directly following high school.

The best part of my school is the artistic learning ability through visualization. I am a very visual artist, through film and computer and in my program of study I am required to shoot videos every week quarter after quarter. I feel the relentless practice of my major has helped me to better understand industry proceedures as well as get better visualy.

Lyndsay

In all honesty, I don't know if I would give myself a lot of advice if I could. Though my life is far from perfect, it would not be what it is today. If I had not made the mistakes I did, I would not be who I am today. That being said, if I could go back and time to give myself advice, it would probably be this: Take a year off after high school to rest, and recuperate. In my senior year I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, and though I was in remission before graduation came, I did not know how sick and weak I would still be during the next year. Trying to recuperate and go to school was a mistake. Not only was I too tired to attend classes, but my drive and ambition faltered as well. Still, If I had not been as rash as I had and gone to college that first year and then dropped out, I may not have had the oppourtunity to realize where my true passion and talent lied. So I am truly grateful for the learning experiences I have been given and I have no regrets.

School has only been in session for one week and already I know I am in the right place. The classes immediately put you in a hands on environment, teaching you the things you came to school to learn. I have enrolled in a baking and Pastry program and in two days we have already learned to make 4 different types of pie/tart dough, several different types of pies and tarts, blueberry muffins, cookies, and pastry cream. As we only have a limited time in each class, our chefs are in no way shy about getting our hands dirty.

The only thing that I can find slightly frustrating with the Art Institute is the limited time we get in our classes. Even as a full time student in baking and pastry diploma program, I am only in school 3 days a week. Though each lab class is 5 hours, I crave more. I would be happy spending much more time in the kitchens learning everything the chefs have to teach me and more.

Edward

If I could go back in time I really would have tried to focus harder on math. My acuplacer test in college really reflected my lack of algebra skills. I also would have went to prom and participated in more social events. I would have told myself that girls were not as important as I thought. Lol. I don't have too many regrets because I love where I am at in life, but I think if I would have focused a little more than I would have got some scholarships. Right now I have a 3.5 gpa. I think that shows how serious I am in making the difference between high school and college.

The worst thing about my school is the parking. They make school parking so expensive. School is really making my finances go under!

I really love the school I go to but the thing that frustrates me is that we have to pay to get homework done in my prerequisite classes. I'm from a middle class background but I can't really afford to buy the extra things that I need to turn in work that I know I have the potential to do. Mounting boards, photo developement, etc.

Angela

Everyone is willing to help you and they are quick to solve your problems.

Everyone is willing to help you and they are quick to solve your problems.

The Art Institute is one of only three schools in Colorado that have an accredited Interior Design Program. The other two are Colorado State University and Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design. I chose AI over CSU because I just graduated from CSU and would prefer not to ever deal with them again. Additionally I chose AI over RAMCD because it is slightly cheaper.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have one word of advice; CARB. While it may seem like I am referring to avoiding the freshman fifteen I am not. CARB is an acronym for the four things I wish I would have known entering college. C: Community colleges; use them for transfer credits. This can benefit you in two ways. First it will save you money. Secondly use them for classes that you perceive as being hard and are required for your major; this way you only need to get a C in the class and when it transfers it will not affect you GPA. A: Advisors: This is especially important for students entering college without a declared major. Advisors will help you to choose classes that will coincide with the different majors you are considering. R: Rent books online. This will save you a lot of money compared to buying books new or even used from your college. B: Blank slate: I know this one sounds clich? however it is very true. If you did not like who you were in high school now is your chance to start over.

Heather

Private school with smaller class sizes and teachers that really care about the students.

Take your time. Make the right decision. Follow your dreams. Don't let anything get in the way. Find something you love and are truely passionate about. Live life to the fullest.

Creative people who want to live their dreams.

The students here at AI, are very diverse and come from many different types of backgrounds.

Dont we all wish we could go back in time and change a few things. My biggest transition would have to be finishing high school, and attending college right away. But I'm a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason." The advice i would give myself would have to be - Finish school, and prioritize your responsibilities, what is important to me, and seeking what motivates me to be successfull. This would not just be in my college life, but also in life.

The kind of person that shouldnt attend the Art Institute of Colorado, are the ones that are not interested in the applied arts field, or individuals no willing to work hard.

The Art Institute of Colorado administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.