The Art Institute of Colorado Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The Art Institute of Colorado

Joseph

Culinary: Baking and Pastry Diploma I started the culinary baking program at the Art Institute last April and was told I would have the tools needed to succeed throughout the program. The equipment only works sometimes if you’re lucky to get something to use at all. Often times the classes do not have all the ingredients needed for recipes or were missing key ingredients. I am currently in a chocolates course where we constantly run out of chocolate. I had a meeting with the dean who called me a liar and refused to believe the state of the classrooms and equipment. He then agreed and said that they’d purchase more mixers but last minute we only received orange power cords on mixers that still leak oil. The hypocrisy at the school is astounding and it is definitely stemming from the apathetic ears or the faculty, starting with the Dean. As it turns out, I am a straight A student and haven’t missed a single class (even though those classes are not conveniently scheduled, they’re all 6-11PM three days a week.) Being only a baking and pastry diploma student, there are no honors with this diploma, only my personal drive and financial recognition. I would never give this institution any money for a culinary degree if I were able to do this experience over. I would absolutely look harder into any other institution that offers a baking diploma if that’s what you’re going for. The dean is useless when made aware of the colorful terms chefs use to describe students and the state of the equipment available to us. Attending school here I have had instructors who have used the word ‘retard’ in a loose manner and freely admit to liking students and not others and pointing out who they want to fail. The graduating students have spent their quarter not knowing how to pass courses because the instruction hasn’t lead them to pass. The instructors have asked classes I have been in 'why would anyone be stupid enough to pay for a culinary degree?' We are told our grades don’t matter on a weekly basis. The colorful language by the chefs is only something that the dean I met with, would support. This institution has been an overall disappointment and given a do-over I wouldn’t do it here. I do need to say that the truly great chefs I have had, have really struggled to make do with nothing. On a side note, I have also been solicited drugs on campus by a fellow student.

Jacklynn

The teachers and staff are very helpful and they encourage students to succeed. The most important part is the financial aid team. The school is affordable thanks to the employees at any Art Institute. They also communicate on a regular basis with the students, to keep us on track and organize. Learning at the art institute is fun and the experience gained from this school improved my knowledge and creativity.

Raheem

My overall opinion of The Art Institute of Colorado is that so far, I've had an amazing experience due to the great staff and resources available to students. Teachers are extremely helpful and really cater to your needs in a way that no other school does.

The Art Institute is a well developed community. This school gives students great opportunities to learn their major in depth, and well outside of their major. The Art Institute may not be the typical college but it lets students take advantage of different kinds of peers and staff that will create a network of people to collaborate with on projects. This networking that this school provides is essential in all the majors provided at this school. The networking and valuable resources help students obtain a career faster compared to a traditional school even before they have graduated. Overall the Art Institute of Colorado is a great school for anyone looking into one of their majors because of the immersion into the career that it gives.