Houston, TX
The Art Institute of Houston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Houston

Roylynn

The Art Institute of Houston, is a really good school. I encourage tons of artistic students to come and enjoy the fun. Everyone talks to everyone, and enjoys each other's company. The teachers are also very passionate about their students. The school is not perfect, but it is good enough for anyone who is taking their career seriously. I love it.

Faith

The school itself has great intentions behind it. There are teachers at the Art Institute of Houston that are there to help you and genuinely want to see you succeed. It can be a bit daunting as it is to go for an artsy type of major because you are not exactly stepping into charted, tried, and true territory. If this campus would ask the gym around the corner if we could use the facility, and if they added a school nurse, it would completely change the vibe and flow for us students. Great start though!

Elaynie

The first thing I would tell myself is start figuring out college sooner. I waited till the last minute to figure out what I wanted to do for a career and where I wanted to go to college. The only thing I did know was I wanted some place close to home, but far enough away from home. I'm lucky I got into the Humane Officer Training Program at Kirkwood Community College. I was even told I was probably going to be waitlisted. I got the call though saying I made it in. I got really lucky getting in since I waited so long to decide what I wanted to do. The next thing I would tell my senior self is look more at different places to stay. Kirkwood does not have dorms. They have campus friendly apartments nearby. I only looked at two. I picked the second apartment and I’m currently staying there. It is pricey though. $435 a month with utilities included. I love the place I am staying at, but I looked around more for next year and found places that are exactly the same and cheaper. I would tell myself to be more prepared.

Enrique

Learn as much as you can, get the best grades you can get. Always set your goal to be the best because when you get to college your senior grades and GPA level will be rewarded in college with exemptions and scholarships.

Smaller Classrooms more one on one learning

Really Great School Worth Attendind, but a little too expensive and hope i can earn scholarships to continue my eduacation.

Alexandra

My classmates are amazing; we all have a similar dream and it's just great to be surrounded by people who appreciate art the same way I do and we have fun but my classmates and I all strive to do our best in class.

If I could go back in time to talk to myslf when I was a senior I'd probably tell myself how amazing college life is and how, oddly enough, college turned out o be much easier then I expected. If I had known how much fun The Art Institute of Houston-North was I wouldn't have been as stressed as I was. I think the biggest and most important piece of advice I would give my self would be to strive higher. I was already a good student but if I had known what I do now I would have definitely tried much harder then I already was. I would also tell myself how important it is to apply for scholarships; I'd tell myself how silly I had been in thinking that paying for college was a piece of cake, how silly I was back then... My last piece of advice for myself would have to be to prepare myself for the workload involved with college. College is awesome but it was tough to change the way I managed my time. Although I've adjusted now it would have definitely helped my "past" self to know, DEFINITELY.

My school is a lot of fun and our professors are actual professionals or are actually in the field we're studying in. I love the creative freedom they give us and the small classrooms insure that we each get one on one attention from our professors.

I have been enrolled in Ivy Tech Community College for 4 months now. I am taking online classes for Business Administration. Taking online classes is very different than I thought it would be. I am really excited about going back to school because it makes me feel like I am finally getting somewhere towards my dream. It has been valuable to attend online classes because I have a very busy life. I work full time and have six dogs at home to take care of, and a husband! Everyday life for me is a new adventure and now since I am finally going to college I can finally work toward my own adventure!

Marcel

Attending The Art Institute of Austin has allowed me to exceed my artistic limits, which has increased my confidence in my performance and training once I begin a creative career. I never thought I would be able to know and use so many digital and traditional art techniques at once. Also, because the school is still growing, the students have been able to dicuss how the school will operate with the faculty and the president, and together we decide what's best for our eductatonal environment.

It's a new AI Campus located in North Austin, and serve as a branch of the Art Institute of Houston. It's growing very quickly, and is home to a state-of-the-art recording studio for Audio Production Majors. All of the equipment and software stays up-to-date for all majors, and our faculty always has time to help.

Anyone who is not serious about persuing a career in the creative fields should not attend.

Ayrton

The one thing that I have gotten from my college experience is experience. The Art Institute offers a lot of hands on learning, clubs, and interships which allow the students to graduate with a great amount of experience in the field of study as well as knowledge about it. But it doesn't stop there, they also offer a schedule plan which lets students graduate a bit early by decreasing the amount of holidays and breaks one receives. This allows students to graduate a bit early so that we may spend more time actually working on our career while already being a natural at it.

The worst thing would be the school building. The school building is just like an office building and thats it, nothing but classrooms. It does not give the college life vibe.

Sherril

Its been twenty years ago that I attended the University of South Alabama. I began school with the hopes of becoming a Physical Therapist. WIth little confidence, I began my studies overwhelmed and distracted by how I would pay for the next quarter's tuition. The fear of not completing my studies heavily overwhelmed me and took a toll on my grades and my overall attitude. Although I understood that my education was paramount , I believed that I would be able to make my way in another direction that would secure my future. The years that have passed since I've atteneded school is where I've learned the value of education. Coming to realize the true sense of freedom comes from oneself, is not just the most valuable lesson learned from my brief college experience, but possibly the most valuable lesson learned in my life thus far. Attending college for a brief time, and living many difficult years without the completion of college, has opened my eyes to this idea of "freedom". There seems to be no other conclusion, save education brings freedom. I will proudly stampede through fields of fire to attain my freedom and awaited education.

Kelly

The campus is brand new and is a branch of the Houston campus. (San Antonio.) It has enrolled more students the first quarter than any other campus.

So far I have been able to hone my personal abilities in skillsets that have long been dormant. I have been newly motivated in pursuing the degree I have thought impossible for most of my life. This is my first campus-based degree program, and I feel that the various cultural and ethnic backgrounds of other students have given me new ideas in my creativity. It is nice to be at a school that appreciates us U.S. veterans and caters to the disabled vets as well. A lot of us vets have come home time and time again from conflicts and it is nice to see we are supported more now than before in education opportunities.

Professors are experienced in their job field. They specialize in the industry, not just the job.

The Art Institute of Houston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.