Henderson, NV
The Art Institute of Las Vegas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Las Vegas

Joana

i love this school i think its the best, that's why i'm enrolled in it. i also appreciate the staff that help me when i have a problem even the security guard is nice. i also would've liked that they offered some kind of transportation but other than that i think this college is pretty grat lie the class sizes are god which means i get to interact with my teachers a lot more.

When I first started at AiLV I felt kind of lost. I knew I loved art and I had a passion for crafting and learning, but I never knew what I could do with it. People always told me the things I loved were just hobbies. But now, I have an internship in my field, a part time job in my field, and full time classes. I never thought I would be here and feel accomplished and like I’m getting somewhere in my life. A lot of people may have negative things to say about the Art Institutes but I’m very thankful for my professors for pushing and believing in me.

Manuel

Even though I only have a couple of months inside the school, currently. I can say that I have learned a lot and expanded my knowledge about the arts and especially in the field of study.

alyvia
DO your research

DO your research

Do your research and ask a lot of questions before enrolling. It is important to know and document every little detail, when dealing with this school. Overall, if this is where you would like to go, make the best of it and have fun. Network, too!

Laci

High school is coming to an end. We couldn't wait for this day to come, but as graduation gets closer you feel a little scared, sad even. You applied for a school with programs that you don't want to make a career out of. You get a job, two actually, and you will absolutely love it. You spend time with friends, and not enough time with family. You weren't going anywhere in life, not here. Hilo isn't where you are suppose to make your life. It took two years to realize it. My advise to you, don't be scared. You always knew what you wanted to do in life. What's stopping you? I know mom and dad won't like the idea of moving away, but don't give up. They are going to be supportive, and make sure you will have everything you need and more. Please, don't wait two years for this, you will regret it. Your friends will always be your friends, no matter how far. Your family will always be here for you. And, your home will always be your home, No matter how far.

There's not really anything I dislike about the school. I guess my only complaint would be that it's a small community. It's not like a regular university that has many restaurants and things to do on campus. There's only one student lounge for the students. It's small so sometimes there's not enough room for students to sit down and relax in between classes.

This school is all about creativity, and that's what you need to bring when you walk through the doors. Creativity in this school will take you far. Your teachers constantly encourage it, your peers will always be willing to help with any projects, and you will stand out because of your ideas. Students that attend this school should embrace ideas, keep an open mind, and never give up on their dreams.

William

It was nothing of what i expected. A lot of sacraficing for sure if you want to be succesful. Look ahead into the field and research throughly to make sure its what you want. Don't procrastinate at all, and make sure you are always on task. Use all of your resources and make sure to study more then the giving time. Make sure to stay focused because college is not a game at all.

The type of person that should attend this school is someone whose professional about their career. Someone who expects high expectations for themselves. Proffesionalism is indeed needed to succeed in this school. All the joking around was high school this is where i create and make my future happen

What i would say the most about my school is, that their leading me on the right path. My teachers actually know what their doing, their helpful, and i the staff is always their to help. I like the fact that it's more hands on then just a talkative class. Every student has their own unique talent and every student is serious about it.

Preciliano

The advice I would give myself would be to never give up achieving good grades in all my college classes. Don't give in to skipping class because the temptation of having fun for a few hours sounds better than listening to some boring lecture. Don't procrastinate on homework deadlines because of the thought of doing the same quality of work in less time. I would definitely tell myself that repeating classes are the worst thing that you can do in your college career. I would advise myself that the money I make without a degree is nothing compared to the money I would make with a degree. I would advise that even though it is easy to use money that is quickly available, it is not a very good choice because eventually I would have to pay for it later on down the road. I need to focus on the future needs of the people whom I love and not on their wants of today. Lastly, I would advise myself that even though things look so bad and times are very hard, it will all pay out at the end once I get a degree.

Kristie

As hard as High School seems right now. Make your classes, bust your butt and work hard. It will pay off. Life outside of school is much different. It is more rewarding and you can achieve things beyond what is in front of you right now. You want to be able to tell your kids you went to college and set a good example for them as well.

Right now there is nothing I can see.

Someone who is not motivated highly in the arts.

Dolores

Everyone I've met is very friendly. Most people here are very creative and a lot of fun. It's not hard to start a conversation and most will give you help when you ask.

I would tell myself to start working on my time management skills. Even if the work isn't difficult, it may take a lot more time than one would think. I would also tell myself to not be so afraid to ask for what I needed to get something done. Because no one is going to take care of me but myself.

Anyone who is antisocial may have a difficult time at first. And any people who are looking for the traditional "party school" should find a different place to go. Most people here are serious about their work.

Lillian

I didn't know why, but for years I felt gloomy, dissatisfied, and pessimistic. It wasn't that my life was bad - it was actually going really well. At 21 I was happily married to the love of my life, had just bought a house, and had good relationships with everyone in my family. One day, I came across a graphic designer's blog. It had photos of crafty projects she had made, beautiful invitations she had designed, and wonderful pictures she had painted. "This is what I want to do," I thought. I realized why I had been feeling so blue: there had been no release for my creativity in years! Once I started thinking about it, I saw that I had always either been making crafts, drawing, painting, or writing. Lately, I'd done nothing but sit at my receptionist desk browsing the internet. As soon as I started school, I started to feel different. I felt fulfilled, happy, optimistic - I felt like myself again. That, above anything, has made college valuable to me.

Someone who loves art and wants to turn it into a career. This school is a close-knit community in which everyone tries to help each other, so it's the best place to learn how to turn creativity into your career.

If creativity isn't your thing, don't bother.

The Art Institute of Las Vegas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.