Pittsburgh, PA
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Pittsburgh

Abby

First of all, It's my dream school. I thought the entire place was amazing. The food was okay, but I prefer my normal eating places like fast food. I'm not fond of the cost, But i'm super excited to enroll in this school and get my bachelor's degree in graphic design and start my adult life.

Rebecca

Fairly chill and creative.

Fairly chill and creative.

Amazing access to high-end, industry standard equipment.

First and most important thing I would tell myself is to make fully sure that I have the finical aid to cover all expenses tuition wise. I regret that I never made sure I had as much finical aid that I could before starting college and I'm paying for that now, both literally and figuratively. I would also tell myself to join as many clubs that you could, without sacrificing your schoolwork, to make friends (which would help in the transition from home to college life much easier). The last thing I would tell myself is to call home more often than you did. My first quarter of college, I called home maybe two or three times, when I really should have called once a week to let my family know how I was adjusting to college life and being on my own.

Carla

My classmates are amazing and considerate. Such a great group of people to be around.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know about college, would be to be ready for staying up late nights to study. Not only late night study sessions but being able to be well rounded. In other words, have balance to where I am still enjoying what I am doing yet I am still focused. Through a lot of discipline I have managed to gain balance so I don't get worn out. College life is all about expereince but the most imortant thing is to obtain my degree in order to advance in my career alowing me to be independent financially. Therefore, I would have told myself to buckle up and be prepared for studying at odd hours to pass my test and classes. Plus, still find time to meet new people and expereince what college life is all about.

Anyone who loves anything to do with being creative and inventing new things. Also, someone who enjoys being around people a lot.

Andrea

My classmates are all from different demographics.

My classmates are all from different demographics.

The advice I would give myself if I could go back to my highschool years is that everyone is different. I would have encouraged myself to be whoever I wanted to be without the constraint of peoples judgements. I would also tell myself that nothing is out of reach; if you want it, go get it! Anything is possible. I am just dissapointed that it took me this long to realize it. However, I am on the road to my dreams now and I won't ever give up achieving the things I want or need because someone else told me I can't do it. I can do anything I set my mind to. I wish I knew that as a highschool student.

Any kind of person should attend this school.

Being around my classmates is like being in a tight community where you receive nothing but support and constructive critisic...

Being around my classmates is like being in a tight community where you receive nothing but support and constructive critisicm.

I chose this school because it has a great photography program and it also gives me the freedom to travel and really explore my talents as a photographer. I want to be a photojournalist one day I felt the best way to do that was to get out there and learn through trial and error while learning in school. The Art Institute of Pittsburgh gave me that opportunity.

I would tell myself to take high school more seriously. One mistake I made was assuming that I could sail through high school without giving much thought to my future. I felt like it would all be handed to me and here I am now, 28 years old, about to finish college. If I knew now what I knew then, I would have been well into my career by now. I would let my high school self know that you do not have all the time in the world. You will look back regreting that you did not take full advantage of the only responsibility you had which was to do well in school. You don't have a care in the world right now and I know it feels like nothing can bring you down but when it comes time to go to college, the harsh realities will kick in and you will be wishing you would have done things differently.

Krizia

To high school senior Krizia,You don’t have to be scared about college because it will be your school years that you will learn so much about yourself and other people. Education-wise, you will have to keep studying with all your might like you always have, but you will need to be more active in terms of community service and leadership. This will help you once you transfer to a 4-year university. Also, the classes that you should take in the community college don’t have to be just the general education requirements. I would advice you to take most of the science classes in the community college because the teachers there will be able to help you better in learning them—they could focus more in individual students than the ones at the university. Finally, you might be tempted to just go out with your friends most of the time, but you have to know how to balance your school, work, family, and friends. Setting your priorities straight and having plans for the future will be helpful in the future. Good luck and make the right decisions in life!

Take your time in finding the right college. I know you want to get in fast, but it isn't worth rushing into a college that doesn't really help you out financially. Try to overcome your shyness, and get into a campus. The online-schooling is pretty much a waste of time and energy. Make sure you know what degree you want before settling down with something and finding out later that it's not exactly what you thought it would be. Be the best you can be and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Some of the classes are really pakced full of information that you have to learn, and sometimes the information doesn't stick. It doesn't help the situtation when the instructors don't help you out when you need it, even after you've asked for it.

The fact that the online-division doesn't offer scholarships, and I don't recieve many grants that help with the costs.

jennifer

I would let my self know that I really do want to be a teacher, more specific, preschool! I would tell my self to jump right in and get my Bachelors right away and apply for all scholarships! I would give my self advice of taking a risk, a chance, a change and go to college out of state or out of the city to experience the true college experience and not worry so much about what others think of me! To just do my best because I am smart enough!

Irene

my classmates are a mixture of many different people. Race is something we do not focus on a at UCI. Their is such a mulititude of different people, and many different cultures. One thing UCI needs to change is the social class of people, and getting people from different financial backgrounds. A lot of people at uci come from the same financial background. We need to add some diversity in that aspect of UCI, add a little change here and there and show people that different social classes are excepted.

UCI provides education that is different. The approach is warm to theri students. It is a very large campus but the class sizes feel small. Everyone is always willing and eager to help. People go out of their way in order to help you around the school. Our staff is high qaulity and always willing to help. Teachers are always encouraging, and ready to help you meet your goals. UCI staff is comprised of a multitude of races, thus giving us a diverse environment. UCI is one of the most diverse campuses on earth, we have many new faces

Allow yourself the chance to work harder. Don't always put yourself down and equate yourself to not being smart. Why don't you give yourself a chance to thrive. Explore other options in your life, and let yourself be defined by other things. Going in to college focus on making friends, building relationships, and focusing on your education. Don't focus on what is happening outside of school, don't let partying and college nonsense consume you. When you go into college know the specific goal you want to achieve. Be prepared for rejection, don't allow yourself to be immune to pain. Let yourself cry and be able to pick yourself back up. You will face rejection majority of the year, its how you handle it that makes you stronger. You are stronger than you think. Mentally and physically you can handle more than you can ever imagine. Take one day at a time, everything is relative and uncertain. You must fight for what you want, and pray the everything comes out in your favor. Wish well upon others, and help the people around you. Overall just go with the flow of life, and smile.

The Art Institute of Pittsburgh administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.