Arlington, VA
The Art Institute of Washington

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Art Institute of Washington

Tevin

The Art Institute of Washington is a good campus that provides students with the necessary equipment for students to pursue their creative needs. The Professors are all professional and make time for all their students and prompt them to actively seek them out for guidance. The major downside would be the housing , having numerous issues with theft, poor maintenance, or just overall poor coordination with the residents.

Collin

I became "enlightened" to the career field I want to pursue. I learned how to truly pursue the career path I wanted. I could have learned half of what I was taught out side of school, but it probably would have taken me three times as long to learn it. I made some irreplaceable friends at school, and I would do it all over again if I could.

The Financial Aid. You almost never have it when you need it, and when you do get it, there are so many strings attached and hoops to jump through that it almost doesn't seem worth it.

brandi

i went to college to become a registered nurse. unfortunately i had to stop my education in order to take care of my three children, one of which is disabled. i had to drop out of school, due to doctor appointments and surgeries for my child. i realized that i made it through the course of babys with disabilities for a reason. i have been a great advocate for my daughter. this is why i would like to reattend school so that i can continue to help those in need. i have learned more than i can explain in words on how to properly take care of a child with special needs.

Bethany

Going to college has taught me a lot about myself and the world around me. When I was in high school the world revolved around my friends and the community where I lived, but since attending college I have learned that the world is a big place and there is more to it then I ever thought or dreamed of and I am grateful for the experience. College has also taught me patience and tolerance for those that have different views then I and I have come to respect those opinions that differ from mine. Attending college has also made me think; classes such as psychology, sociology, and literature have pushed my views and opinions and made me consider other ways of thinking and I have learned that the world is not black and white but there are many shades of gray. I have also made friends that I know will be there for life and will take the experiences with me when I graduate.

Justin

My college has given me a chance to achieve my dreams and goals. The staff has done everything possible, from the very beginning, to give me a chance to attend classes. I felt welcomed from the start, and the curriculum is specifically geared toward my goals and major. Classes are small and this is great for me, because I get the one on one attention that I need. From my experience, I have gotten a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment that my life is finally moving in the direction I want it to go.

To be quite honest, the only negative thing I have to say about my school at this point is that the parking lot can be a little hard to get in and out of depending on which way your coming from/going. It has been a great school for me so far, and I have nothing negative to say about the school, curriculum, or staff.

One who is not motivated should not attend this school. Classes can be very fast paced, so motivation and a chance for out of school study time is necessary.

Laura

I would have told myself to try harder because life is serious and in order to get a job you need an education.

The worse thing about my school is that they have a very low tolerence for absences and tardies. If your sick you much go to the doctor and have a doctors note. For someone that stays in and out of the hospital, I would recommend Art Institute's online classes.

The type of person that should attend The Art Institute of Washington is the type of person that is interested in persuing a career in Design (Graphic, Web, Interior Design, etc.) or someone interested in photography, culinary, film, and audio production. I recommend this school to a person interested in those fields and that is not interested in a traditional college or university. And they offer workshops to help with resumes and more. If you have a job, they have classes at different times to fit around schedules. That's why I love this school.

Dominique

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself partially what i already knew, just to solidify my thoughts with what i know now. Things like don't worry about all the friends you think you should have gotten to know or the girl you would be leaving behind. I would tell myself about all the new people I would meet and things I would experience. I also would strongly advise that I apply for more scholarships because they would really come in handy with paying for college. One major thing I also would advise is to not get in that car accident because it would also be more money for school and would most likely lead to a more enjoyable summer. In the end I am happy with what I have done so in my life and am thankful for my friends and family who have always supported me. They have always done what they could to support me and I just want to make them proud.

If you like the idea of being free to explore the area outside your school or just not being limited to a specified location for 4 years this is the place for you. A person who doesn't mind having to show up for class because it's manditory would do well here also. If you want to attend a school located to lots of interest spots then this school is definately for you. If getting your degree in as little as 3 years sounds good then this also is for you.

A person who wants the traditional college experience like living on an enclosed campus and long lecture classes. I you have horrible time management skills you should probably work on that before you attend this school. Also if you do not like the idea of showing up to classes on time or risk being dropped from the class you also shouldn't attend this school.

Whitney

The school that I am looking to attend in the Winter/Spring 2010 is know mainly for their Culinary Arts program. They offer many other degrees at many different campus nationwide , but at the Art Institute of Washington about half of their student base is enrolled in the culinary program.

If I had the chance of going back in time and talk to my high school senior self about the transition into college life, I would only ask one question ?When do I get to go!.? See, I made a mistake my first year of college that I wish I could take back. I went away to a four year college about 6 ? hours away from my home where I intended to major in Equine Studies and minor in Business. Unfortunately the distance between my family and I got to me and I became homesick and decided not to return for my sophomore year. What I didn?t expect on happening was after I had made my decision to leave I started loving my school; I made new friends, and became involved in the school. Once I left I ended up at the local community college and working for the family business, which was the one place I swore I would never work. After four years I am still in the same place and unable to finish my Associates Degree. Every day I tell myself if I could go back I would have never left the four year school.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who wants to further their knowledge in a degree directly related to their focused job. They must be determined and passionate about what they want to learn and become.

Pablo

If I could go back in time to my senior year in high school, I wouldn't tell myself to do anything differently, other than just to enjoy my time in high school. Just because I was given the chance to ultimately change my future, doesn't mean I should, we are going to take the path designed by ourselves no matter what.

Alyssia

I would advise my high school self to save all of your money even your change. Sell some of your clothes and shoes and anything of value and put that money in the bank. Ask for money to help you buy whatever you need for school in the future. Never say never. Look for PA jobs in Arlington and keep up the beading hobby because it will pay off and continue to do positive things.

I like that there is a student lounge where we can grab a snack machines and we can watch tv or play games. We take a nap in the halls if there is to many people in the lounge making noise if we have a long wait for our next class. Some of the teachers will let you leave early if you have finished your work for the day. I also like that if one of my friends from high school is thinking about attending they can come with me to all of my classes which is called shadowing.

First I would like to start by saying my school needs to lower the housing costs. I will not have any credit every at the rate Im going at just getting co-signers for a new loan just to pay for my housing. It is totally rediculous and the cost should be lower because its not easy to get a co-signer or to find a job. The school won't help you unless you work in the school and you have to have a certain gpa to do that which surprisingly cancells out a large number of the students.

The Art Institute of Washington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.