The College of Idaho Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The College of Idaho

The College of Idaho is a welcoming and honoring school to be a part of. The environment is extremely open and feels like home. It is easy to communicate and make connections with peers, administrators, and coaches. Campus safety is extremely accessible and kind. Students are encouraged to be involved in both the college and community and continue to be included in other activities. The PEAK Major system allows students to be able to graduate with one major and emphasize in three additional separate majors. Or, if the student would like, they can make flexible schedules for them to double major and have one emphasized minor.

Lindsey

Unique environment: high population of athletes and very smart kids. I would recommend double-checking the PEAK program to verify that everything you want to major in isn't under the same category. Look at the internship/ job opportunities in comparison to other schools.

Logan

A great small school with an amazingly supportive community. Professors, administrators and even alumni work together to help student succeed in school and beyond. The community is close knit and caring. Over the College of Idaho is impressive in all aspects

Kayleigh

Overall, I love this school so much. The environment, professors, and other students make this school great. I am so blessed to be able to attend such a prestigious college that really cares about my success. The only downfall is that it is very expensive to attend this school.

Shantel

The College of Idaho is an excellent school! It's full of amazing professions, classes, and extracurricular activities. My major, Music Education, is exceptional, with classes that are comprehensive, informative and preparing me to become a well-prepared teacher. The music department is second to none and my choir director and voice teacher are simply incredible! The atmosphere at The College of Idaho is very inviting and the co-presidents of the school are very involved and interested in the students and what they are doing. I feel very encouraged and supported at CofI, am motivated to succeed and feel that I am getting the best education I could possibly get! I also love that CofI represents 73 countries worldwide, so is extremely diverse and welcoming of all cultures and walk of life! I would recommend CofI to anyone who is looking for an intimate, close-nit and inviting college experience with the best education possible. The College of Idaho is simply a great place to be!

Emerson

Being from the area, the College of Idaho seems to be its own little world. The campus environment is open and welcoming to all who visit, attend, and live on the premises. This college has played a key role in my personal life by already giving me memories that I will hold onto throughout my life. Overall, the College of Idaho has and will continue to be a place I call home.

Jazmin

Overall, it's a good school. The student to faculty ratio is impressive and the professors are always around.

The College of Idaho is big on community. Because it is such a small school, they want everyone to feel like a tight-knit family that will always have someone there to help them. Professors are almost always reachable, friendly, and can often be seen at many of the events on campus. Almost everyone on campus is involved in many different extracurriculars-you'll see soccer players and basketball players in the math club, football players in our international students meetings, and sorority girls part of the tutoring team. Living situations aren't necessarily top notch, but it is an old school that is slowly remodeling buildings when possible. All together, CofI will make you feel part of the family, you will make a large group of friends from literally all over the world that will always have your back.

Charles

I had been thinking about returning to college for a couple of years and I have been discerning as to where I wanted to go. I went back and forth between Boise St. and C of I. After comparing and considering several factors I chose the College of Idaho and new on my first day of classes I made the right choice. The college is small enough that you are not just a number filtering through but the level of learning far outweighs most large colleges.

Xochilt Quetzal

I enjoy being a part of the Yote family. The college's priority is that the students get around education and still make it challenging enough for them. The professors on campus are always willing to help out their students in any way possible. There is always resources nearby and sometimes they always end up working around one's schedule.

Julia

The college provides a great atmosphere to study in and earn your degree. Some things could be different, but overall the experience at the college has taught me so many new things and brought me close to new people. I enjoy the class sizes at the college it is no more than 30 people at most, so professors are almost always available to talk and discuss your work. Students around campus are always friendly, when the school advertises us being a "yote fam" they mean it we all are like one giant family.

Alyssa

This school will craft a path for everyone who attends. It is unique and it helps push me to be the best that I can be. The number of opportunities it provides are immeasurable and incomparable. This June, for example, the school is taking me to a Bacteriophage Symposium in Washington D.C. in order for me to explore the options I will have in that field. I could not ask to attend a better school.

Abigail

Students, staff, and faculty are of an extraordinary caliber. Most, if not all, students are involved in at least one campus organization. Campus community is friendly and welcoming; people regularly open doors for each other and stop to chat. Professors are personally concerned for their students and offer multiple opportunities to expand learning outside of the classroom. The College of Idaho prides itself in being actively involved in the local community, and holds up to its standards. Improvement could be made in making the college more affordable and offering a more diverse range of programs.

The College of Idaho is a great community to be a part of. All of the students are very supportive of each other no matter what race, gender, political or religious affiliation, etc. All of the professors that I have had are incredibly understanding and available. The academics are difficult, but create better rounded citizens. The College of Idaho has a PEAK program that allows the students to dip their toes into many different subjects and learn about many other subjects besides the major they have chosen.

Kaitlyn

I love the College of Idaho! The classes and campus are so inviting, and the professors really care about their students. There is always something to do on campus whether it's free movie Monday off campus or something in the quad. I'm so lucky to be part of a school like this.

koali'i

The college of idaho is a friendly, safe , healthy learning environment. The atmosphere is very positive, and you can feel a good presence of staff and students. The facilities are very nice and well kept. The students are helpful with each other and care.

Jonah

the College of Idaho is the number one college in the state of Idaho for a reason. The academics are taken seriously and they challenge every student who attends the college. The professors at the college do a fantastic job of being accessible in order to help students to grasp the work better. Any student who attends the College of Idaho will leave with an immense sense of accomplishment because of the academic rigor that is encountered at the school. Then the College of Idaho will challenge anyone in all the correct ways in order to show students grit, determination, and drive needed in adult life.

Tony

I think the College of Idaho is an amazing college on so many levels. As a freshman student, everyone is very willing to help whenever I need. All the students and faculty of the College of Idaho are so nice and friendly and they become a family. The College of Idaho is like a home away from home. Everyone at the College of Idaho is very helpful and supportive. Everyone here becomes like a second family and really cares about your wellbeing.