Ewing, NJ
The College of New Jersey

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of New Jersey

Fixed  rate loan

Elisabeth

TCNJ is best known for it's education department. It's also know for the amazing library and the beautiful campus.

Don't be shy; try to meet as many people in the beginning as you can. Once people form their groups it's a lot harder to make new friends, but in the beginning it's much easier. Savor freshman year because there will never be anything like it again. It's very unique from the rest of college. As the work gets harder and real life sets in you will never fell the same freedom and carefreeness again. Most of all relax because college is the best four years of your life and no matter where you end up you will like it if you keep an open mind!

I brag most about the beautiful campus and small class sizes.

Catherine

My classmates are dedicated to their work and complete assignments with the goal of discussing them in class.

I would give myself the same advice my parents gave me: always be myself. I did not need to change anything about myself to make new friends at college, or join a club or a sport. Knowing that I applied ot eight schools and that I did not really have a first choice, it was difficult for me to choose a college. However, my mother told me to pick whatever felt right. Although finances played a large role in my decision, I would perhaps emphasize that money should not be the most important factor in choosing a school. Taking out a loan is not the end of the world, and attending a school with good job placement can help alleviate that worry. In short, choose the school with the academic program that best fits your needs and make that your number one priority in choosing a school.

Any kind of person could attend this school. I recomment being focused on learning and ready to challenge yourself by taking demanding courses.

Christy

The classes were really small (no more than 25 students in any of my classes), and the professors were extremely helpful. They were always willing to give extra help if someone needed it.

I would tell myself to get out and try as many new things as possible. I stayed in a lot my freshman year, and I wish I had joined more clubs earlier. By the time I was a senior, I was very involved in activities, and I wish I had an extra year of being involved.

I brag most about how beautiful the campus is. It's 289 acres, and there is a ton of grass and trees everywhere. We even have 2 lakes. You can see deer walking around a lot at night, and the buildings are all Colonial style, which makes for a really nice living environment.

Kristie

Our school is highly known for its great Education department.

Our school is highly known for its great Education department.

Take as many AP classes as possible. Graduating on time is hard enough without worry about general education classes if you get them done in high school it will really help you out in college.

The campus is gorgeous and the small classes allow the professors to develop a steady rapport with students.

Ian

I would tell myself to be confident in my choice at The College of New Jersey. There are many great people here and many people that will eventually be your friends for life. You will create many close friendships and have a great time at school.

I wish that I would have known more about the majors and more about the school in general.

This school is very accepting to everyone, and I believe that anyone can find their place here.

Kim

the education level for teachers. This school is one of the best in preparing teachers to go out into the school districts and get jobs to educate the future of america

Rhett

TCNJ is a small, academically-focused, undergraduate liberal learning educational facility.

I would advise myself to clearly research where I would like to go to school and what I would like to study. I would also advise myself to think of my future career so that I may pick a field that I will enjoy, while still being stimulating. I would also advise myself to make my own decision, and not one that my parents would want, because ultimately, it will affect me more than anyone else.

We have great academics, small class size, involved professors, and a beautiful campus.

Ishani

My students are very ethnically diverse, driven, and fun, with a variety of interests and talents.

If I could go back in time and give my high school self some advice about college, I would warn her that things very rarely work out exactly as she wants them to. However, even if I don't get my first choice, I can always make the best of what I have and succeed no matter the circumstances I'm presented with. I would remind myself that I am a capable young woman that is talented and intelligent: I shouldn't allow small setbacks to discourage me and prevent me from achieving my goals. Most importantly, I would make it clear that there is no substitute for hard-work and organizations; not even the smartest student in the world can succeed if he or she takes these skills for granted. Lastly, I would make it clear that happiness is more important than all the A's in the world.

I would have liked to know that a lot of students go home for the weekends.

Tamar

Well, we now have these gigantic neon colored balls on our campus, that were government funded and are supposed to make our campus more artsy and pretty. Another thing that is unique about The College of New Jersey is that it is a small school, so the classrooms are more one on one with the teachers instead of a lecture hall with 200 students.

I would tell myself first off to take all the AP and honors classes that I can, because the professors at college expect you to know everything they are talking about. Next, I would decide whether I wanted a small more intimate school or a large school. Then I would consider where the school's located in terms of the kinds of people who would be attending the college. Then there's what you want to study of course. If you want to study say Business, you may want to look at schools that are more focused on Business then say Biology, and if you're not sure what you want to study you should choose a school that has all the possible majors out there, so when you do decide you can stay at the school of your choice and study what you want. I would also look at the tuition and fees that have to be paid, so I can compare costs with the other schools I want to attend. The tuition depends on where you live at certain colleges and universities. Lastly, I would look at all the extracurricular activities, like sports and clubs.

There are never lots of events happening on weekends when there is time to relax and hang out, instead all of the events are during the week when students are busy doing work and going to classes or meetings and such. There also is not enough diversity. There are people of different races and ethnicities, but they usually stick together, like the Black Student Union, or the Asian American Assiciation, and those people of different nationalities or ethnicities that the college does not have a club for are kind of just left hanging.

Caitlin

The College of New Jersey is highly selective liberal arts school that thrives on excellence and achievement in all aspects of life, including academics, sports, extracurricular activities, community service, arts, etc.

Time has rewound, possibly by some act of God, and I find myself as a high school senior. Knowing all about the ups and downs and twists and turns of college life, I would give myself some useful advice. First, I would assure myself that I am not alone in my initial feelings of isolation because all first-year students transition to college with uneasy feelings of whether or not they will fit in. It takes some time and patience but, soon enough you will develop you niche of friends. If these friends are true, then they will be with you no matter what, even if they join a sorority separate from yours or a varsity sport unlike the one you play. The second piece of advice would be to get involved. Join as many clubs as you can and be proactive within these clubs. Offer to volunteer for the soup kitchen and the like. Don't back down from the "diry work." Lastly, I would advise myself to stay on top of school work. Teachers are no longer required to check your progress on a paper that is due in a week. You must be the motivation for success.

Any lackadaisical person who is not willing to take a challenge or try new experiences should not attend this school because they will not appreciate its mission to transmit knowledge, arts, and wisdom through very unique and fascinating experiences.

The College of New Jersey administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.