Ewing, NJ
The College of New Jersey

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of New Jersey

Fixed  rate loan

colleen

my school is different from other schools because it allows you be a unique individual and get a well-rounded experience.

since i was a transfer student it was really easy for me to transfer into the new school, they took all my credits so that i was not behind like most people are when they try and transfer credits

find a school that fits you. look at all the activities they offer so that you can find something you'll enjoy, somewhere for you to meet people with similar interests.

Steven

They are generally very smart and often friendly but a little too cut throat and sometimes pretentious.

I think a student will get the most out of his/her college experince by getting involved as much as possible. For some students that will be easier at a small, very intimate school and for others at a larger school.

Maurice

The advice i would give to parents and/or students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience is to go and visit the campuses. Stay overnight if they have a program. You must also be very outgoing and talk to other students. Introduce yourself to everyone you can because you will never know who can and/or will help you in the future.

I believe this school can accomidate all persons. There are activities to fulfill everyone's interests so even if the person is not very outgoing, there is air conditioning in the residence halls.

The most frustrating thing about The College Of New Jersey is the number of students that go to the library. Many student love to go to the library to study or do research because there are private study rooms, a cafe, and many floors with computers and books to assist with research. But the college has fixed this problem by opening different computer labs all over campus to all students.

Andrea

TCNJ in a nutshell: The best thing about TCNJ is the fact that you can walk from your dorm to class within 5 minutes and on the way see at least 6 people you know. If you enjoy not feeling like a stranger, TCNJ is the right place for you. However, if you do want to get lost in a crowd; it is also possible. I myself know people because I am involved in organizations on campus. It's your choice to decide how you're going to spend the following four years. TCNJ is on the small side and there arent many eateries on campus(which is a good thing when it comes to the Freshman 15). Yet, there's a bar on campus and mulitple restaurants that have a 'downtown' feel to them. When I tell people I'm a student at TCNJ, I get multiple reactions such as the following: "That's a great school;it's hard to get into" and "um Never heard of it". That's when i respond, "Oh the OLD trenton State". That always works. I spent most of my time at the library. Yes, and that's because its the most beautifull building on our campus. I'm not a HUGE nerd I swear, but there's a cute cafe, and 5 floors! It's a very sociable environment; yet if you need your quiet time, you go to the 4th floor where you can hear a pin drop. It's the perfect scenario. ALSO, another place you will find everyone is the Student Center; the second place you can find me on campus. It's great! The bar is there,restuarants, school store,and anything you need. It's the centerpoint of campus. Also, the school is so centrally located that we can drive to the beach in under an hour, or to take a quick train to New York or Philly. TCNJ's administration is thorough, yet sometimes, like with most schools, a bit disorganized. The professors though are so personal, especiallly in the Nursing department. The classes are small, yet large enough for the teacher to not notice when you are missing from class because you're 'sick'. The most recent controversy on campus would be 'the budget cuts'. Since we are a public institution, we get less and less money from the state every year. Students and teachers alike protest and raise the issue on campus. We have 'Lion Pride' but I feel our school pride is minimal compared to other schools. One thing thats unusal at TCNJ is that there's constantly doing construction. Not like your typical school construction; there's ALWAYS something huge going on. It's kind of annoying because it ruins the view of some parts of campus.

There are so many organizations on campus; anything you could possible imagine. And if we dont have it, feel free to start it. My friends just started a Phillipino Dance Club. No one would feel out of place at school because there are so many sports teams (varsity and club) as well as hundreds of organzations ranging from LGBT to different racial organzations. Greek life is huge at TCNJ. 13% of our campus is involved in either a fraternity or sorority which are mulitcultural, greek, and business and education Greek organzations. I love that there are various organzations because we intermingle and everyone is always advertising their respective organziations and holding events. Students usually don't dress up for class; if you come in PJ's, no one will think twice. There are always opportunities for different student's to interact whether it be in the Student Center or anywhere else on campus. Many of the sports people stick together and many of the Greek life people stick together when eating in the dining halls. 95 percent of students are from the state of NJ. After goign to TCNJ for my third year, I've learned so many new areas of New Jersey that I never knew existed. Most students come from middle class families. Some students are politically active; not most of them though. There are all types of political views on campus. We have a College Republican club and also a club where they rally about liberal ideas. It's a very well rounded student body and I always love to meet people on my campus because I always learn something new.

I think i've covered it all. TCNJ is a good school for those who enjoy being involved (even if it's a little bit). It is what you make of it. It's a highly esteemed public institution where you will come out on the top of your game. I love it because not only am I having the time of my life, I am learning. simple as that. I rarely go home and I only live an hour and 15 min away. So anyone who wants to enjoy their four years of college should come to TCNJ

YES the professors know my name; Students studying habits depend mostly on their majors and their efforts. I know that you will always see the library chock full of nursing students. Class participation can make or break you in some classes yet some classes, you can just teach yourself by reading the book. I feel when the situation arises, there are many intellectual conversations occuring around campus. The most unique class I've taken was my Visual and Performing Arts class. It was such a nice release; TCNJ has requirements in many areas other than your own major. I like how this works because I feel more well-rounded. Nursing can be overwhelming and very very competitive between the students. The professors are always willing to meet with students on their hours that are assigned for outside class time and sometimes when on 'non assigned' hours. The academic requirements are set high; mininum grade for one of my major nursing classes was set at a B-. The education is geared towards succeeding in general. Being successful is getting a job after for years and learning about yourself and your profession along the way.

Like I said, Greek life and sports teams are the most prevalent organzations on campus. I wanted to get back into dance, so I joined TCNJ's Dance company called Synergy. It's so much fun and I've met more people because of my involvement. Atheltic events aren't as popular as our annual Homecoming Game and Homecoming week that preceeds the game. It's a competition between different organziations on campus and is truly one of my favorite memories so far at TCNJ. There are always guest speakers coming to our school. I rarely go to them but they are always advertised on TCNJ homepage. Students, especially freshman year, tend to leave their doors open to be more sociable because they don't know many people. I've had two boyfriends so far on campus, so there is hope for romance. I met my closest friends by living with them on the same Freshman floor and then joining Greek life. If i am awake at 2 AM on Tuesday, I'm probably not in the right state of mind. I' m probably eating Hassan, the 5 dollar pizza man that works all hours of the night selling pizzas to drunken TCNJ and Rider students. He also safe to get a ride home if neccessary. Homecoming happens every year, commencement with the Freshman also happens every year. It's a very nice ceramony that reminds you how wonderful TCNJ is and starts Freshman on the right foot. Also, freshman have "welcome week" before their normal college schedules begin. It's the best way to get comfortable at school and make connections. When it comes to partying, if you wanted to go out or drink every night (not recommended), it is possible and has been done. However, you can go out and NOT drink. I have gone to concerts on campus (Vanessa Carlton and Guster came) and also you can drive to Philly and hang out or play a game of Night Frisbee. I can go to the mall off campus as well as visit one of the many off campus residencies near campus.

Nerdy, no lives, no fun. The school looks like a sqaure with nothing more than just huge academic buildings and grass.

Charlie

the best thing is how pretty the campus is, i would change the boy:girl ratio, the school is much too small, people have no f-ing clue what tcnj is and ask if i go to community college, i spend most of my time in my dorm, hanging out with my floormates, there is no college town, just the college campus, tcnjs administration are idiots, the biggest controversy is keeping the crappy cafeteria contract, there is very little school pride, it is unusual how many students are from jersey and live within an hour of the school, i will always remember mural painting on my floor, watching movies all night, tw cafe runs at midnight, people complain it is too small and there is nothing to do

there is a ton of diversity on campus, students who are white, middle class, and from the suburbs will feel out of place (i know i did at first), most students wear jeans or sweats, different types of students do not interact and are very segregated, most tcnj students are from new jersey--- make that all tcnj students, except me and 3 others, are from new jersey, most are from a lower socio-economic class, students are not that politically aware or active, predominantly whatever their parents vote, and students do not discuss future earnings

i am transferring. do not go to tcnj if you are from out of state it is very difficult. the people are great but the education is not worth the out of state tuition

yes, yes, yes, yes, all yes stereotypes at tcnj are completely accurate

professors always know my name, my favorite class was writing family histories with dan crofts (professor), my least favorite was macroeconomics with professor vandergrift, students study all the time, class participation is part of your grade, tcnj students have lots of intellectual convos outside of class, students are competitive, the most unique class i have taken was writing family histories, my major is marketing, and i love it, i do not spend time with professors outside of class, i think tcnj has silly academic requirements that are very confusing, i think the education is geared toward getting a job more then learning for its own sake. i did absolutely no work freshman year and still pulled off a 3.0

students always leave their doors open, athletic events are not very popular- people leave alot on weekends. for girls, the dating scene is no-existent- of the available 30% guys, 10% are gay, 10% are taken, and 10% are disgusting/not looking for anything serious. it sucks. i met my closet friends because they lived down the hall. if i am awake at 2am on a tuesday, my roommate and i are watching tv and hanging out, people want to party always, but only do so once a week or so. frats/sororities are not very important and they are all kind of shitty, last weekend i studied, watched movies, went out to dinner, spent alot of time at the library, on a saturday you can watch a movie, go out to eat, study and not drink- you can even go to a frat party and not drink if you chose- i did that once, it is very difficult to get off campus without a car, so you mainly hope you have a friend with a car and go shopping, to the movies, and out to eat

dirty jersey whores, trashy, beautiful campus, all in-state students, jersey schools suck and the students are not that intelligent

The College of New Jersey administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.