Ewing, NJ
The College of New Jersey

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of New Jersey

Fixed  rate loan

Jaila

While searching for colleges in high school, The College of New Jersey was my last choice. I toured multiple times, at the insistence of my parents. I wanted a big city college experience, and TCNJ's small suburban feel and student body of 7,000 was not going to cut it for me. Eventually money was the deciding factor and TCNJ has been very generous to me. Within the first couple week of my freshman experience, I had already fallen in love with the school. I never feel undervalued as a student, never have I felt out of place, this school has been nothing but accommodating to my needs.

Robin

Enrolling in TCNJ was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I am a first-year student living on campus, and I feel comfortable and safe. My dorm and extra curricular activities make up much of my new friend groups, but I also feel engaged in class and have met wonderful people there already. Older students are always willing to help younger students with their personal creative projects. There's a positive energy here.

Emma

The College of New Jersey is overall a great school with a beautiful campus and a great academic reputation. I really enjoy going to school here because getting a good education and having a community are a top priority for almost everyone who goes here. I do however wish that there were some more things to do around campus because if you do not have a car on campus it is difficult to do things other than study. Overall it is a great school and I am happy to be here!

Bryan

As a chemistry major, I am extremely satisfied with my choice at TCNJ. The program is very competitive compared to other colleges and universities. The campus is very friendly and usually very peaceful even at night. There are always lots of events going on such as plays, concerts, and football and soccer games as well as special appearances from comedians, musicians, and big social media names. The relatively small campus enables individuals to thrive in their environment and make strong connections with faculty and friends. The faculty become not only your professional advisors but mentors as well that can help you with almost anything. TCNJ has a great liberal learning program that allows students to select other fields of interest besides their own core major. It helped me discover my interest in psychology and taught me to be more open minded about my considerations for the future. At TCNJ students are not forced down a certain path without any chance of turning back. They provide seminars each year (for chemistry majors) so that students are always considering their options, thinking about the future earlier, and making sure their choice is right for them. By doing these things every year, students are more likely to find out earlier than later that they don’t particularly like their major which is always a good thing. The school’s liberal education requirements makes it easier to pick a new major and to find what you are truly interested about because most likely you already took a class for your new major. I highly recommend living on campus because the experiences you will get as a freshman and sophomore are probably never going to happen again in your life. It is the years I made my closest friends and because the school is so small, those friends never go away. In fact, your entire dormitory floor instantly becomes your friend as soon as you move in. TCNJ provides a truly unique experience that now looking back I wouldn’t have passed up for anything.

Dana

The College of New Jersey has a campus that allows you to grow as a person. People are very inviting and social, and you never feel alone. The campus is the perfect size, maybe a 10 minute walk to class at the most, and it is not hard to find your way around. Teachers are willing to help and set up appointment with you if needed. Overall The College of New Jersey is a great University.

While it could definitely use some updating, The College of New Jersey is a great place to be. Aside from the outdated facilities and lack of air conditioning in the freshman dorms, TCNJ is a fun, intelligent, and active place for college students with very diverse ideas and beliefs, that all come together to create the community.

Mete

The College of New Jersery has provided me with more opportunity than I could ever imagine; the journey of me becoming a lawyer has begun.

The one thing I was ask my past self to do is work on time management. The moment you master time management the stress you have will immediately decrease. Time management gives you the opportunity to focus on certain aspects in more depth which will lead you to performing to your fullest ability and be successful.

The one bad thing about my school is all of the construction that is going on right now, you can hear construction equipment all day long.

Michelle

A person should not attend TCNJ if they do not have a vigorous work ethic. This school has very high academic requirements and demands students to work hard and be motivated. A person should not attend this school if they do not wish to attend a small school that has a very close and interactive community.

My school has an excellent teaching program and all of the classes are small enough that the professors know all of their students. All of my professors encourage us to ask questions and to come to office hours and are always willing to help. Being a part of a sorority on campus has allowed me to make lifelong friends and get involved on campus.

Daniela

The advice I would give myself is to have a right balance of fun and studying. While I was at TCNJ, academics was extremely important to me. I am very proud of my accomplishments at TCNJ; however, I would have liked to have told myself that college is also a time to explore myself at a time in my life where I would have less responsibility. I would have liked to tell myself that I will grow and change during college, so be open to the progress I will make, even if it seems scary at the time. Although I made my decisions in college based off academics, I wish I could go back and tell myself to also make decisions out of adventure: to study abroad, even if it might mean I graduate a little late! College is a time to grow into the person I will be in the future, so enjoy every moment and remember to be balanced between academics and fun.

TCNJ is a great school filled with with wonderful professors and engaging classes. The majority of students who attend and there to learn, so classroom enviroments are filled with interesting and thoughtful discussions. We also have liberal learning requirements, which exposes us to classes outside of our major.

The most frustrating thing about TCNJ was on-campus jobs. We were only allowed to work 15 hours, and often times student work hours were limited in their hours because offices didn't want more than 2 student workers at a time. Many students don't have cars, so working on campus was the only chance to earn money.

My school is best known for it's education degree program and it's nursing degree program. It is a small liberal school where the professors know their students' names and where students can receive an almost ivy league level of education for a public school price.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to be ready to be a little stressed out. As a college student, it is your own responsibilty to do your work and to remain on task, there is no one there to wake you up for class if you miss your alarm, and you have to learn how to truly take care of yourself on your own. It may sound scary, and it may be scary for the first couple of weeks when you start college, but after a while you start to enjoy the freedom and appreciate that you are learning how to take care of yourself without the help of your family. Another big thing is keeping your friends from home. It is going to be difficult to stay in touch with everyone from high school, but if you really want to stay friends, put forth the effort and see if it's reciprocated. If not, it's going to be ok, you WILL make new friends at college and those friends are going to be the ones that stay in your life forever. Just enjoy the experience that college brings and be yourself. You'll do amazing.

The worst thing about my school would probably by the dining hall food, but that is the same for almost every college. The food is definitely doable, it's just that after a while you can get tired of eating the same things every week. This will happen to any sudent at any college, and it is just another part of the college experience of living on campus.

The College of New Jersey administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.