Ewing, NJ
The College of New Jersey

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of New Jersey

Fixed  rate loan

Tim

TCNJ started as a teaching institution and that is still what it's mostly known for. Biology and business are also well-known programs.

I applied to TCNJ early decision. When I visited, I fell in love with the beautiful campus, the proximity to home, and the price tag. Knowing what I know now, I would likely tell my high school self to consider some other schools more strongly. The main problem with TCNJ is the lack of nightlife or even daytime activities. While I love the size of the TCNJ campus, I think I would've liked to go to a school that was more athletically oriented. All in all, I don't regret my choice in coming here but I would've liked to consider some other schools before I committed to coming here.

We always have great comedy shows and concerts with well-known performers.

I would tell myself to do more research on my potential major and talk to the school to learn more about the department. I would definately make sure I visit the school and participate in overnights so I can see exactly what the school is about and sit in on a few classes. I would map out the location of the school to see what is around, how I would be getting around. I would look at the student teacher ratio to make sure that the classroom sizes are reasonable. I would look at the student life to see how social the campus is. I would also look into the retention as well as the graduation rate of the school. I would finally look to see what percentage of the graduates get into their field after graduating.

I wish I did more research on my major department.

Our school is known to be ranked as one of the best schools in the nation although we are a public non ivy league. We are often called "the public princeton." I brag about how difficult the school is compared to others. I brag that we are a small school and have small class sizes. I brag about how inexpensive the school is for the quality we are getting. I also brag about how beautiful our campus is. We have a wonderful library also.

Dyana

Never give up. When you enter college, it will be a difficult transition at first. You are going to see your high school friend die right as classes start. This will be really hard for you, but you will get through it. When you want to give up, continue to seek out support from friends, professors, and counselors. They will help you with your struggles. College will be fun at times despite the terrible start. Make sure you take the time to have fun with friends and just relax or goof around on campus. The fun will inspire you to create your own projects for class. Your independent studies will illustrate the strength, ability, and wisdom that you hold. Continue to believe in yourself as you move through college. Work to create deep relationships with those that you spend a lot of time with on campus. This relationships will be wonderful and inspire you even after you graduate.

The food and the lack of accomodation for people with food allergies.

Someone who wants to be academically challenged and who is seeking to guide their learning process.

Gianna

First I would tell myself to take a breath because although choosing a college is an important decision, there is not only one good choice. Although some schools may not be the right fit, your experience has more to do with what you put into the school not what they hand to you. So if you are active in your role of "college student" you can have a life changing experience at more than one school. I would tell myself not to overthink the decision. At some point in the college search the information that you get on the tours will begin to run together. Instead of over-analyzing this information, it is better to get the vibe of a school go with that gut reaction because it is probably accurate. Last, I would tell myself to talk to as many students as possible and try to imagine living and learning amongst them for four years. The most important part of my college experience so far has been the people that I've met and the atmosphere that this student body creates. Academics are very important but so are the people you surround yourself with. Remember your happiness is paramount.

The most frustrating thing about TCNJ is that as a freshman it can be very difficult to get off of the campus. Freshman are not allowed to have cars and there is nothing within walking distance of the campus. The school does provide a bus service but it does not run very frequently and it does not go to very many places. It takes a lot of planning to organize a trip to Philadelphia or New York. There are so many things that I would love to see in these cities but it is very hard to get there.

Erica

When I started college, I was a teenager; it’s absurd to expect a graduating senior to decide the course of the “rest of her life” at the tender age of 18. If I could go back and give my 18 year old self advice I would start by telling myself to relax and live in the present, instead of worrying about the future. In college, I changed my major and transferred schools; I thought it was the end of the world. Instead of allowing stress to run my life, I would assure myself that whatever I decide upon is not permanent, that switching paths and spending extra time in school does not make me a failure. I would encourage myself to be more outgoing, to take breaks from schoolwork more often than I would naturally be inclined. I would tell myself to embrace my time with friends, because they would not forever be next door. If I knew then, what I know now, I don’t think college would’ve been completely different, but I do think I would’ve been better able to enjoy the ride.

Shelby

I would tell myself to never give up. I would tell myself to not worry over petty, little things. I would tell myself to not worry about any other person but yourself, and only you, because you're going to be graduating from high school and are growing up into adulthood. You can't be worrying about things that you know won't affect your future. We're talking about YOUR future here, not someone else's. They can deal with things on their own. All you need to do is just try and focus on what's ahead in your life and seize the day. Live every day like it was your last. Follow your heart. Follow your dreams, and you're gonna turn out just fine. I promise.

Christina

I would tell myself not to change who I was. I should be confident in myself and take every opportunity possible, even if it seems risky or not feasible. I would remind myself to not change anything about myself, especially my work ethic. Most importantly, I would tell myself not to forget all my previous years in school and at home and to utilize it as experience and knowledge in the future.

The only bad thing is that there are more students than available seats in certain classes when it comes to scheduling. Some academic events are not very organized as well as they could be.

A determined and hardworking individual who is passionate about his or her own goals and ambitions. Students that are not willing to give their 100% towards their education or quit when the challenge seems too big would not be able to handle TCNJ's rigoruous curriculum.

Krysten

College has allowed me to broaden my knowledge base and given me the insight to become an prestigous leader in my field. I have met many intelligent individuals who have enriched my learning experience and have challenged me to think about topics from other perspectives. Having been challenged by my professors, I feel confident that I will be able to address contemporary issues that will arise in my profession. The importance of collaboration in group projects, has taught me respect for the insight of others, and has helped me become a more effective communicator. These skills are valuable in any working environment.

Students that aren't prepared for a challenge shouldn't attend this school because of it's rigor and heavy cousework.

Alyssa

My classmates are friendly and determined to do well. There is a competitive atmosphere here, but everyone wants everyone else to succeed as well. So far I've met a lot of great people who have the same values and goals as I do. I believe that everyone who is at this school really wants to be here and is enjoying their experience very much.

So far, my college experience has been extremely rewarding. I have learned a lot , my classes are very interesting, and I am sure I made the right decision for my future career. Also, I met have a lot of great people who are so friendly and really seem to care about me. College has been a chance to get involved in all sorts of activites and to learn more about myself as I grow more and more as a person.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the dificulty to get in touch with certain people at certain time. Sometimes, you have to ask ten different people for the same task.

Luke

My name is Luke and I am 26. I am now starting my third year of college. I have taken various science classes like biology and chemistry. I have taken classes relating to philosophy and psychology. In addition, I have taken many math, political, art, analytical and business classes. Taking all these classes have enabled me to become so much more well rounded. I understand the world so much more clearly than I use to. Also, becoming more educated has provided me with necessary tools to acquire a good paying job easier. Attending college has enabled my to learn more about myself as well as others. Before going to college, I had worked in restaurants, manufacturing facilities, and was just recently a carpenter. Attending college has forced me to learn much more about myself as well as others. My father was a construction worker and I had followed in his footsteps. Working in harsh weather environments had forced me to wish I had gone to school. When the economy took a dive work slowed down and I took the opportunity to go back to school and become more of an asset. Now I'm on my way into finance.

The College of New Jersey administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.