Ewing, NJ
The College of New Jersey

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of New Jersey

Fixed  rate loan

Cameron

Regardless of where I am the first thing that I notice about a location are the buildings within it. The sizes, shapes, flow, functionality, etc. Perfecting the skills necessary to make my dreams a reality could be acquired almost anywhere. But it is not just the acquisition of having the knowhow ability that would provide me with what I would consider a satisfying education. I am a firm believer that people are or become products of their environment. In order to receive an education that I feel to be sufficient i not only need to be surrounded within a learning environment that promotes optimal intake but it is also necessary to have an everyday living environment that promotes innovation and growth; and I believe San Diego to be excellent examples of both of these environments. I understand California to be on the forefront of international architecture and this evident in its affiliation with the Academy of Neuroscience For Architecture. I strongly believe that the application and practicality of building construction can be implicated through natural psychological processes in a way that will eventually take ergonomics to a whole new level and provide it with a whole new definition.

Matt

Gaining advanced knowledge in something that I enjoy doing and love doing. Attending this school is making me want to continue my schooling and get a Masters of Science in Computer Science, something I though I never really wanted, but now do. It will take a long time and lots of money, but I believe I can do it and I am glad that this experience of this school made me realize what I wanted out of life.

Karisse

the education and tennis programs are great. it's beautiful and there are so many random places to chill. it's small but big enough that you can even even meet someone you've never met before. it's in the middle of jersey so you can go to either atlantic city, philly, or new york.

Things aren't always how they seem. You think you know you want to do one thing but then you completely change your major but everything will work out in the end. Just find your passion. The time that you have at college is an important one because you find who you are and you make the best of it. Also, you don't need a lot of friends to get through college. Knowing a lot of people is nice but having a great close group of friends is all you need to enjoy. It's vaulable to attend because you learn something new and you learn from different perspectives. You find you.

the people cause it's a pretty diverse. everywhere you look there's just a different kind of person

John

My classmates at The College of New Jersey are awesome. They are inquisitive, challenging, and able to bring out the best in each other.

Where else than on a college campus will you find people from diverse backgrounds who can have meaningful conversations with each other and learn from each other's experience and perspective. It's a working forum and we need more places like the College of New Jersey. Learning is cool.

We're one of the best public colleges in the United States and we've won more athletic national championships than any other Division 3 school in the nation. We're out of the best athletically and academically our SATs average 1300. Almost everyone lives on-campus and over 90% graduate in four years.

Gema

My college experience has given me the motivation to pursue a higher education. It has also given me many learning experiences from note taking and retaining information for my success in obtaining a nursing degree. Both my parents were uneducated. They went no further than elementary school. Moving to the United States gave them no choice but to have a career as laborers. They could not speak english too well and did not continue to attend school. With that being said, it is valuable for me to attend college. Throughout my life they've always expressed the importance of a higher education because they did now want me to live the hard lives they did. I've seen and experienced the hard life that comes down upon a family who has no educational degree. As I got older and realized that education is the key to a better life, i've always strived to pursue a higher education.

Joseph

Out of my college experience, I have gained a better understanding of the world. College has taught me how to be a better person. Even though I have finished over 80 credit hours of course work, I feel that I have only started the learning process one must endure to improve oneself. College only gives a foothold into any given subject, which a student must use to dive deeper to create their own future. This is wonderful because I love to write computer programs because they are art in the form of numbers. It is also valuable to attend college because it enriches one with a social experience not found anywhere else. College is a place of peers of all races and ages, without any bias or superiority. Without college, I would not know where I stand in the world.

Nakia

The class of 2004 inherited a legacy that we did not yet understand. The college was both expanding and contracting during our tenure (Expanding: more facilities were being added to the campus which increased technology and resources. Contracting: The SAT requirements were steadily increasing which decreased the number of poor and/or minority students to be admitted in the future.)

Attending The College of New Jersey increased my awareness of our need to have real communities in our state and in our country. As a minority student and EOF Alumni, I had a network of committed friends and dedicated staff members who invested in my success at The College. “Each One Teach One” was our mantra, and it did not end with minority students, we shared our resources and message with any member of the student body who shared our desire to learn and cared for the people around us. The intimate size of the campus (under 300 acres) made everyone and everything more accessible. We held each other accountable, and rejoiced in each other’s success – we invested in each other. That is what made us a community. The desire to community build has guided my professional career (I am an Outreach Coordinator), and it will also influence where and how I raise my family.

A person who is most comfortable or who excels in small group settings should attend The College of New Jersey (TCNJ). The campus is smaller than many others in New Jersey. Many of the fulltime professors and staff members live near the campus, build personal relationships with students, and are active participants in student-life and community building activities. Students who want to feel like they are part of a community, and feel like more than just a student ID number, would benefit most from The College of New Jersey.

Everything! I would say this it is most well known for its excellent Education program and Nursing program. However, all of the academic areas are very well known as well.

Throughout college, I have been challenged; challenged to think outside of the box, question my beliefs and values, and consider the person I am and want to become. By taking difficult classes, having relationships with professors, and interacting with peers, I have been able to consider and develop real, insightful, and meaningful opinions of my own. I have been pushed to become a writer, a scholar, an activist, a politician, a doctor, a teacher, and countless others things. But most importantly, I have been pushed to just be me and have been given the opportunity to explore whatever it is that moves and inspires me. College has given me such passion; passion to follow my dreams to the limits. I have been able to explore my interests and discover my strengths and weakness in an attempt to forge a path for my future. I have been able to consider different opportunities, career paths, and majors to find what makes me happy. Most importantly, college has shaped me into a life-long learner, a curious mind, and constant questioner. With a college education, there is no limit to what you can achieve, not matter how difficult it may seem.

Most importantly, if you are interested in TCNJ you must be a very hard-working and persistant student. TCNJ has a reputation for being extremely difficult academically, as each course requires intenstive work and study. However, being a student at this school has enriched my life so much. I have had he oppertunity to work with some of the most brillant professors and students and feel so prepared for life after graduation. If you want a phenomenal education, dedicated professors, and an academic challege, this most certainly is the best school for you.

Stuart

A challenging school with a personal atmosphere.

A challenging school with a personal atmosphere.

In college, I learned about myself and where I want to take my life. In learning about myself, I found out what things are important to me in a friend, a career, and how I want to get there. My friends, family, classes, and work experience taught me about the responsibilities one has as an adult and what it takes to get there.

LIttle emphisis placed on research and development and hands on learning within the school of business. The food is terrible. The community has not fully accepted itself as a "college town".

The College of New Jersey administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.