The College of New Jersey

« See more reviews of The College of New Jersey

The library is one of the nicest building on campus and has been rated one of the best in the country. It contains four floors and a basement with gorgeous furniture, new computers, and an abundance of resources. Furthermore, the first floor contains a cafe that serves Starbucks coffee and food. The science comlex is also new and filled with up-to-date facilities for research and general class labs. The professors are also willing to help you understand a concept as long as you need. The students on campus are always friendly and helpful to everyone.

Our classes are small enough to provide a meaningful learning experience that is personal. Furthermore, the work is consistently intellectually challenging and I really feel that I am recieving a quality education that will allow me to get ahead in my field. Professors and peers alike are consistently friendly and open-minded and the campus is beautiful. I have a smile on my face everyday when I walk to class and am generally in a happy and amicable mood!

Our school is known to be ranked as one of the best schools in the nation although we are a public non ivy league. We are often called "the public princeton." I brag about how difficult the school is compared to others. I brag that we are a small school and have small class sizes. I brag about how inexpensive the school is for the quality we are getting. I also brag about how beautiful our campus is. We have a wonderful library also.

My school has an excellent teaching program and all of the classes are small enough that the professors know all of their students. All of my professors encourage us to ask questions and to come to office hours and are always willing to help. Being a part of a sorority on campus has allowed me to make lifelong friends and get involved on campus.

I always bring up the size of classes. I've never had a class larger than 30 students, even the most basic level 100 course was small and personal. Rather than feeling like you are just another student among a sea of ID numbers, teachers know your name and face and care how well you do, which prompts you to do your best.

TCNJ is a great school filled with with wonderful professors and engaging classes. The majority of students who attend and there to learn, so classroom enviroments are filled with interesting and thoughtful discussions. We also have liberal learning requirements, which exposes us to classes outside of our major.

We're one of the best public colleges in the United States and we've won more athletic national championships than any other Division 3 school in the nation. We're out of the best athletically and academically our SATs average 1300. Almost everyone lives on-campus and over 90% graduate in four years.

I make sure my friends know how competitive TCNJ is. Although I am not very pleased with the campus conditions, the education is unbeatable. My professors are the best in their respective fields and truly require students to meet high demands and realize their prospective possibilities.

The best thing about TCNJ is that students really are on the same page about so many things. Most TCNJ students are motivated, ambitious, and excited about their college experience - much different than the students at my high school. These areas are where diversity is not a benefit.

I brag most about how beautiful the campus is. It's 289 acres, and there is a ton of grass and trees everywhere. We even have 2 lakes. You can see deer walking around a lot at night, and the buildings are all Colonial style, which makes for a really nice living environment.