The College of New Jersey

« See more reviews of The College of New Jersey

There are never lots of events happening on weekends when there is time to relax and hang out, instead all of the events are during the week when students are busy doing work and going to classes or meetings and such. There also is not enough diversity. There are people of different races and ethnicities, but they usually stick together, like the Black Student Union, or the Asian American Assiciation, and those people of different nationalities or ethnicities that the college does not have a club for are kind of just left hanging.

The worst thing about my school is that our sports teams are not that great. The only thing I wish we had more of on this campus was bigger school spirit at football games, basketball teams, or other sports games. I feel like it would be a nice break from the academically challenging lives we live here at TCNJ if we were all able to support our teams together at games. Our teams are good, but most people won't spend their Saturday's cheering for them because the overall game is not worth watching.

There are not many things that I could say that are bad about my school. It is all what I put into the time that I have been given. However, not apart from the majority of schools out there today, the only thing that I could say is that my school is expensive. For a man who has lived on his own for the past decade and has worked and supported himself throughout the first few years of college, it is troublesome to believe that my debt will far exceed the years of hard work that I will put in.

The worst aspect of The College of New Jersey is the dining services and the living conditions. The dorm rooms offered to students are no bigger than sardine cans and are in digusting condition. The meals served in the dining hall hardly register as food. Sweet and sour tofu is not my idea of a delicious meal and TCNJ will not allow students to go without a meal plan.

The worst thing about my school would probably by the dining hall food, but that is the same for almost every college. The food is definitely doable, it's just that after a while you can get tired of eating the same things every week. This will happen to any sudent at any college, and it is just another part of the college experience of living on campus.

The fact that a car is really needed if you want a really active social life. We have alot of Colleges in the surrounding areas but its really only convenient to go if you have a car. We have the loop which is a bus that takes us to the surrounding malls and areas thats free but it only runs on Tuesdays and Fridays.

The worst thing about my school is that some of the employees there are very rude. It's like they can't be bothered with helping you registar for classes or let you know when tuition is due. Also, some of the teachers just do not know how to teach. They go off on tangents or they are not prepared for classes.

Almost everyone is from New Jersey, and while there is diversity in ethnicity, there is no diversity of thought. People aren't the most ambitious and almost all of them just want to stay in New Jersey for the rest of their lives. Students aren't always the most passionate about what they're studying either.

The worst part of my school is probably the same as many other schools, the dining halls. The food is not horrible, but it becomes very repetitive, and this is not made up in the taste. The meal plan is excellent, but every dining hall is similar to the next making variety a difficult thing to find.

There isn't anything major that I would complain about. Occassionally there are slight annoyances, such as the construction on campus, the sometimes mediocre selection of food, or uncomfortable temperatures in some rooms, but in general I have positive things to say about this school.