The College of New Jersey

« See more reviews of The College of New Jersey

Most importantly, if you are interested in TCNJ you must be a very hard-working and persistant student. TCNJ has a reputation for being extremely difficult academically, as each course requires intenstive work and study. However, being a student at this school has enriched my life so much. I have had he oppertunity to work with some of the most brillant professors and students and feel so prepared for life after graduation. If you want a phenomenal education, dedicated professors, and an academic challege, this most certainly is the best school for you.

If you are interested in attending TCNJ you should benefit from a small classroom experience. It is not a big school and there is only one free bus that runs on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays that takes students to the nearby mall, restaurants, movies, and stores. Students are allowed to bring their cars on campus for two weeks per semester as a freshman and permanently as a sophomore and there a plenty of things to do around Ewing. All though its more focused on acadmecis rather than sports and parties, there is still no shortage of events to keep busy.

People who enjoy being a part of a community rather than an individual in a large city would appreciate the atmosphere of TCNJ. One should want a diverse understanding and be willing to take the initiative whether it comes to school work, socializing, joining clubs, or finding internships. One who wants to be well rounded and have a chance to participate in something new while still feeling accepted wherever he goes would truly enjoy being at this school. Anyone who wants a chance to shine will get it as long as they work hard and passionately.

Anyone should be able to attend TCNJ. It is a public school that is open to anyone and everyone. The type of individual that would be happiest at TCNJ is one who is okay with a small collegiate body and is very goal-oriented. TCNJ makes it very easy to attain the type of hands-on experience that graduate programs and employers look for in college graduates. TCNJ is extremely diverse and is a potentially good fit for all that apply. However, only those that take full advantage of what TCNJ has to offer will be truly happy and successful.

A person who is most comfortable or who excels in small group settings should attend The College of New Jersey (TCNJ). The campus is smaller than many others in New Jersey. Many of the fulltime professors and staff members live near the campus, build personal relationships with students, and are active participants in student-life and community building activities. Students who want to feel like they are part of a community, and feel like more than just a student ID number, would benefit most from The College of New Jersey.

TCNJ provides an excellent balance in all areas. There are ample extracurricular activities to keep students busy, but not so many that it is hard to concentrate on school work. Classes are challenging, but the workload is not excessively overwhelming. The College is perfect for anyone who is looking to be greeted with open arms, by many friendly faces each and everyday (in and outside the classroom) as well as students who are looking to be challenged to work hard in each of their classes.

TCNJ is perfect for students who live in New Jersey that want to go away from home but not be too far. It's a good school that doesn't have pretentious students and has a great social life that I imagine could suit anyone (there's a reason why TCNJ has a ~90% retention rate). Academically, it's excellent for anyone who wants to be a nurse, teacher, or pre-med student.

You should be dedicated if you are interested in attending TCNJ. You can't just skate by in your classes, and most everyone is involved in at least one club or job on campus. A driven individual would do best at this school, and would reap the most benefits from all that the campus has to offer (classes, clubs, organizations, etc).

Anyone who has an open mind or wants to open his or her mind should attend this school. I have always been an open and tolerant person, but I have become so much more socially aware and educated at this school. It's amazing how much academic and personal growth I have made in the time I've studied here.

This school has a beautiful campus however; a person who wants a city setting should not attend this school. Personally, for me diversity and acceptance has been an issue in this school. A person who is accustomed to a predominantly Caucasian population and suburb setting should attend this school.