The College of New Rochelle Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The College of New Rochelle

Adriana

I like attending The College of New Rochelle. I am currently a sophomore and a resident on campus and I value the staff and support that this institution has to offer. The smaller classroom sizes allow for professors to have one-on-one time with students and get to know them as a person. Here at CNR everyone is welcomed and there is always a sense of community. I feel safe at CNR and would like to continue furthering my education here.

Gina

The College of New Rochelle is a campus that welcomes everyone despite ethnicity and race. When I first stepped foot on campus, I felt like home. I was not judged. I was and still am accepted as a student of the College of New Rochelle. The staff and faculty are always available. They are willing to assist anyone who is having difficulty in classes or with their personal life. If there happens to be a student who feels as if all hope is lost, the Deans or professors will work with them. There are many services available to students. For example, our Student Health Services department offers counseling and free health services. Tutoring services at Gill Library are extremely helpful to those who are struggling in their classes. The dining services are great. The director of the dining services is always open to hearing ways she can improve the types of food being served. Moreover, the college offers a great variety of activities and majors. Whether a student is undecided or has declared a major, there are unique classes available such as Women and Religion, Philosophy and Gender, American Gothic, and 21st Century Art. Academics is something we're highly recognized for. The School of Nursing program I am currently in is well recognized. The School of Nursing has done an exceptional job in maintaining unique academic classes. This program is said by many alumnae to guarantee a person a job in the medical field. The course structure and required courses needed to take in the near future will definitely prepare us for the real world. Lastly, the College of New Rochelle is a family. We are a community that sticks together and looks out for one another. Family Weekend, movie nights, and trips to the Metropolitan Art Museum are the many ways we share memories with one another. Choosing to attend The College of New Rochelle was a wise decision that I will never regret.

Glenn

Well run. Very professional. Staff and faculty respected and respect students. Library well stock and uses latest hi-tech. Staff well informed, knowledgeable, professional. The local library of New Rochelle is nearby and well stocked, hi-tech, and informed staff. the city also very well served by and for its citizens.

Keyla

Personally the school is not bad and the campus during the spring and summer is really beautiful. However, the school's administration and the students body doesn't really care for the school. if the students actually cared the school would be in a better state.

Jerry

It has been a place of tremendous self-development and networking. The professors are helpful, but the school doesn't always help and develop them. I've had a great personal experience. I am a commuting student, so I cannot speak to the housing as much, but the student facilities are good. the library is awesome (newly renovated). I have had the opportunity to study and learn at three of their seven campuses.

Tiyanna

I think that CNR is a great school if you are commuter. There isn’t any social events on campus that anyone participates in. The cafe food has its good and bad days, mostly bad. The food is bland and expensive. The dorms are outdated. The school just seems to be a little unorganized.

Angela

The college of New Rochelle has good academic success and the school is well organized with hard working stuff and students. The campus is beautiful.

Poucher

I am very happy to attend this college. They are always available to assist in every aspect of your life once you are dedicated to achieving your goals. During my first semester, I had a hard time losing my grandfathers and all my professor worked with me to complete the semester.

Jasmine

There are pros and cons to all schools.The College of New Rochelle contains a great nursing.They professors are mostly all the time available.If you are failing your classes the school will help you and push for you to succeed.They will work with you which is a plus because many schools don't do that.There are some negatives like campus-life.Campus life is very dull and boring ,There isn't much to do for students and its a small campus.Mostly all students know everybody.When it comes to sports CNR is trying very hard to expand their sports section.Cafeteria food does get boring because its the same thing to eat everyday.Overall,this is an overview of CNR.

Allan

The college is good here, I wish there was more to do on campus. There is lots of diversity on campus, moreso than my previous school. Professors here are good overall and the curricula is pretty straightforward for the nursing program. Do not live on campus.

Nyah

I think the school academics are great and the class sizes are small and connected. I feel safe on campus. It is primarily a commuter school so everyone does their own thing. Those that do live on campus don't rave about it. Its fairly boring to live on campus. The food is very mediocre. The teachers are mostly helpful and there are plenty of resources to help your grades.