Albany, NY
The College of Saint Rose

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of Saint Rose

Sandra

An excellent private school with many great programs to choose from.

An excellent private school with many great programs to choose from.

If I could go back and talk to my high school senior self I would tell myself that you should choose from many other schools. I had so many great opportunities to go to many other schools and I didn't take advantage of that. I would also tell myself to apply to more scholarships. There were many scholarships out there at the time and I didn't take advantage of that as well. I am struggling to pay for school and I know if I applied to more scholarships as a high school senior I wouldn't be struggling as much.

The small class sizes are the best thing because you get to communicate with other students in your classes and learn many things from them.

paris

Saint rose is a liberal, carefree and outgoing school who accepts everyone

Saint rose is a liberal, carefree and outgoing school who accepts everyone

The classrooms are a small size so its only about 28 students in each room so everyone was able to get to know eachother. we all helped each other with homework and did a lot of study sessions I met most of my long term friends in a classroom.

I would tell myself not to stress so much about being perfect. no one is perfect and everyone is unique in their own way. I would also tell myself that trying to fit in isnt necessary to make friends that are similar or way different from who i am. I was so stuck on hanging out with people of my same ethnicity I never gave others a chance until college.

Jamel

I would go back and tell "younger me" that living on campus is very different from living at home. Although, you may think there aren't many rules, there is. And that you have to be careful of what you do, because you may not always have someone there to take care of you. Friends come and go just as they did in high school and you have to be careful with who you trust. Studying is something that is actually required for tests. It's not like high school where if you do the homework and semi-pay attention in class, you'll pass. You have to take time out of your schedule to go over the notes and material. One good thing I did do in my transition from high school to college, is I was prepared with supplies. I would just tell younger me to ration out food and supplies.

Kristen

I would tell myself to be prepared for a variety of teaching styles, requirements and teachers. Every class you take in college is different. Each teacher has different expectations and requirements in order to do well in their class. It is important to realize that college work is different than high school work in many cases and the habits that you have formed in high school in regards to completing your work, will change as your enter the rigorous world of college. I would also tell myself to look into the long-term future, not just the immediate future. Research the college, your major and what you can do with your major in the future. I have run into circumstances where I have had to take classes I wouldn't have had to if I had taken a different class at an earlier time that transferred. It is important to know where you are and where you are going. You have to think practically when it comes to your finances and how your college education can eventually get you your dream job. Work hard, make college worthwhile and never lose sight of your career goals after you get that degree.

I wish I had known that there was a concentration required along with your education classes. This means that I not only have to take education classes but social studies classes because that is my chosen concentration. There should be more of an emphasis on learning about various aspects of education, not on a separate concentration. This leaves little room for flexibility when planning out my schedule for each semester. I am barely able to fit everything in and some people have to graduate later than they originally intended.

Don't be nervous or anxious you will do fine. In fact you are going to do great in college and will not miss home at all. Your college experience is going to be the best years of your life. Enjoy everyday.

Having to leave to go home for breaks.

Someone that does not want to work and be involved with the class and community or with others.

Jonathan

The school is too small, especially when more than half the student body commutes. There is very little to do in the area of campus activities, and it's Catholic denomination sometimes sucks the fun out of things. You're going to spend most of your time in your dorm, simply because there is no real spot to hang out on campus besides the green.

Again, the school really lets you down in this area. The LGBTQ community throw a big event once a year, but if your not part of that then there really is nothing to do. Basketball games are very rarely attended, though this is the fault of the school for having little to no advertisement of these games.

Since the school is so small, everyone acts like it's high school. It's extremely cliquey, and it doesn't change after your freshman year. A lot of rich white students.

The academic sector is where the school excels. Small classes with professors who know your name are very helpful

There is a big art/music culture at Saint Rose. Otherwise you have very typical small town Catholic school kids who haven't changed a bit, or kids from public schools in the Orange County and further north area. Very cliquey.

Krystie

Don't do too much partying and focus really hard on your studies. Vanity is not a good quality to have. Just because you made Dean's list this semester doesn't mean you will next semester. Try to stay healthy, remember to eat and exercise regularly. QUIT SMOKING! Make lots of friends with people in your major and get close with some of the teachers in your field, they will really help you out. Join some extra curricular activities and just because you didn't get into that sorority this year, doesn't mean you never will. Never give up on anything that matters to you.

A person who isn't dedicated to their school work and their campus environment or people who are just looking for a place to party.

Jesse

Best Thing about saint rose is that it is small so its easy for you to be big man on campus. I would change the close mindess of people on this campus. The school is way to small. When i tell people i got to saint rose is wow are you there for education.I spend most of my time in my dorm.Deff a college town when U albany goes on break its a dessert in Albany. The adminstration most are racists. The biggest controversy is the lack of diversity and no school pride. One experienve i will alway remember is in event board when they refused to accept new acts on campus.

Very racist and stuck up country town people

Well students are very competitive and often lie about their grades. Professors are very easy to talk to and always their if you need help.

Party and drinking every day its commonly found on this campus. Lack of things to do on campus. Everything we do is through U albany

Tan white girls,small town girls

Christine

Education, maybe. I'm there for art.

Education, maybe. I'm there for art.

I have learned to be an individual. I have also learned hwo to be a better artist. I am starting to learn better time-management as well.

Someone who wants a liberal arts education, in a school where theres always new people to meet, but not so many that you feel lost.

Melissa

It is a small school where everyone knows each other. I really like that we are almost like a family, but SUNY Albany is still close enough for us to interact with.

I have really enjoyed my college experience at Saint Rose. From the moment I stepped on campus for the first time my freshman year, I knew I had picked the right school. I made so many new friends that met in the dorms that I also had classes with. I was surprised that unlike at other schools, I ran into friends every day. I feel that I have learned so much from my professors. They were all so knowledgeable and willing to help me learn everything I can about Spanish Adolescence Education. In my sophomore year, I studied abroad in Argetina for six months. While I was abroad, one of my professors, Claire, helped me greatly with making sure that my credits transferred and that I had the best abroad experience possible. I love Saint Rose and have recommended the school to many other prospective students, many of who are now attending Saint Rose and are also having a great experience.

I really like that the professors are involved in my education and are willing to help me in whatever I need.

The College of Saint Rose administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.