Albany, NY
The College of Saint Rose

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of Saint Rose

Joshua

Its best known for being the most affordable private institution in the United States of America.

My college expierence is what has allowed me to pursue the pathos in my life, running, art, graphic design, and the freedom to make my own decisions and become a valuable contribution to a better society. The College of Saint Rose is the singular institution to promote this motivation in students to pursue their dreams and their careers. I have shared lunch tables, dorm rooms, class rooms and hallways with some of the most interesting people I will ever meet. If anyone could ask anything more of a college I cannot imagine what that would be. The College of Saint Rose is where the future becomes clear and people become respectable entreprenuers of humanity.

Nothing, it is truley an amazing atmosphere conducize to learning and socializing.

Mark

Having a history of OCD and social anxiety has been very difficult for me. I have surprised myself with attended college and am currently going into my third year for Computer Information Systems. I have learned that if I think positive and put my mind and full attention to my studies that I can truly achieve my goal. I have also learned that others can by helpful and kind when sharing the same interests that I have. I believe that I have learned valuable skills that will soon be a benefit to society upon completion of my degree.

The only difficulty I had was trying to find parking and getting to know my way around campus as I will be commuting to school each day.

I believe this college is right for anyone, people seem to be friendly and very helpful. I have social anxiety and was treated with great respect and kindness when I went for orientation.

There are so many things I've gained from my college experince, that is hard to pick out of the plethera of good times. There are so many important lessons I've learned from the people around me. First, would have to be the chance to meet such a varity of people. There has been so many people I've had the chance to meet that have made a impact on my life. These individuals have taught me more about myself such as, I am a good listener. I would always have my door open and people would pop in and out telling me about their days, whether good or bad. By listening to people and not prying I learned pople trusted me and valued the feedback I'd give them. I think, by being this easy person to talk to I have been offered a job as an RA that I have accepted. I never thought I was capable of doing such a job. However, by being myself I have acheived something only a college attende would be able to do.

What I wish I had known before coming to Saint Rose is more information about the clubs/activities and amazing opportunitys offered on campus. This is one aspect of my college that was not spoken much about and wich that it was. As I went through my freshman year I learned about so many clubs and groups one could join. Saint Rose has so many things to offer that I never knew held in store for me.

The most frustrating thing about my school that I find it hard to sometimes know what is happening on campus. Advertising is limited at times and I will only know that an event is going to happen if someone prehaps brings it up in conversation. I do wish that the school found a better way to communicate with the students about what is happening around campus. If they did so I believe it would create a greater sense of community in our school.

The College of Saint Rose is a very unique college. This college can be considered to be a liberal arts school, the main goal of college is to prepare students for life after college, and they succede in doing this. Another unique characteristic is that this college is a very musical college, so students playing music on the lawn and open mic nights are the best way to meet new people.

Out of my college experience so far I have learned a lot about my self. I have learned that I am not happy in my college and therefore I am transferring so a College that I know I am going to be happy. College is all about self discovery, and out of my two years of college I have learned that in life you should pursue things that make you happy. In oher words, you controll your own destiny.

The worst thing about the College of Saint Rose is the fact that everyone goes home on the weekend. So the weekends are dead, which makes it so there is no sense of community here.

Willie

My college experience has given me the skills needed to organize, analyze, and survive in a gain driven world. I cannot place a true value of attending college into words. Do to the diversity of people, which make-up a college; the experience and value of attending I feel, cannot be measured. I have experienced pleasure and pain on Bachelorette Road, some classes were a breeze and others required more brainpower then at times, I knew I possessed. As a minority male, opportunity knocks a faint knock upon your door and you have to be in position ready to answer the knock when heard. Hustling and getting-by is what the streets teach, however, being in school those talents are transformed into ideas of expression and creation. Excelling above the limits is what the college is. Producing a positive, organized, stress free and healthy mind set is what I gained from college. A salary can be offered and accepted but the true value placed upon the knowledge gained attending college can never have a price tag attached to it.

Peggy

My school is very well respected for their Education department. I am very proud to be an Education major at The College of St. Rose. Many school districts are very impressed when they see our college on a resume.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself how important it is to be confident in myself, my decisions and to always stay true to my beliefs. It is vital in making adult decisions to feel confident in ourselves when we are making decisions that will affect the rest of our lives. Even a decision as simple as getting to class every day and being on time. Our professors are there to help us to succeed and in order for them to be able to that, we need to be in class. These professors are happy to give us letters of recommendations but will certainly only do that if we are worthy of that. In order to be worthy of their respect, we need to show them that we are adults and can take care of ourselves. During the course of our lives, we need to stay true to our beliefs. Our hopes and aspirations will follow if we remember who we are and where we came from. We will be respected and valued for ourselves as long as we stay ture to ourselves.

The worst thing about my school is the parking situation. It is very difficult to find parking on the streeet or even in the parking lot. I am a commuter student traveling about thirty minutes to arrive to school. It is quite frustrating to have to leave forty five minutes early to find a parking spot.

Teresa

I wish I could have warned myself exactly the area I was moving into when I decided to come to Saint Rose. The neighborhood really isn't that safe, and I hate having to worry about that every day when I'm walking back to my apartment or when I go out on the weekends. That's my biggest complaint about this school, and the biggest reason why I might not make the same choice again. As far as classes, I wish I had realized that I could wait before buying my books: I wasted a lot of money in the first couple years of college because I bought books that the teachers never used. And I would tell high-school-me about Chegg.com, a textbook rental site that can save students a ton of money off list prices for renting instead of buying. I would also tell myself that it's okay to fight with roommates sometimes: it doesn't mean you'll never be friends. That would have made it less stressful for me. Overall, though, I wouldn't change my experience. I learned a lot and I'm happy with that.

The classes are small and professors are friendly and well versed in their fields, so the academic experience is great.

The location. The surrounding neighborhood can be dangerous., and students need to be very careful. It seems that the bad part of town is creeping closer and closer to campus and almost engulfing it. Also, off-campus housing is expensive, but campus housing is limited and the required meal plan is not only unhealthy and overpriced, it's the reason I won't move back on campus.

Sara

The College of Saint Rose is focued on furthering students education to the best ability possible, creating a positive, inviting and encouraging environment.

The College of Saint Rose creates a warm environment offering multiple possibilities for the undergraduate as well as graduate student. Help is always available whether it be from faculty and staff or fellow students. It is a small community within a big city creating a warm and inviting environment for students living on campus as well as for commuter students.

Every student counts the days down until they will graduate high school and enter the college lifestyle. Knowing what I know now my senior year in high school certainly would have been different. I think every student looks at their senior year differently and once they go through some college realize,their senior year could have gone differently. The advice I would give to myself as a senior would be to focus on my future. In high school,students have teachers constantly reminding you of the homework or projects you will have due. That constant reminder is basically non existent in college. It is your job as a student to complete your work and hand it in on the correct due date. Many students fail to realize this and end up performing poorly in classes. My senior year was ideal for any high school student, it was a breeze through the semester taking classes that weren't considered very important. If possible,I would go back to my senior year and fill my schedule with any classes possible to help in my college carrer. Even taking college classes instead of relaxing and easy classes, making my transition to college easier.

The College of Saint Rose administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.