Wooster, OH
The College of Wooster

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of Wooster

George

small, liberal arts college lacking any major racial diversity.

small, liberal arts college lacking any major racial diversity.

kids, many of which don't know the meaning of the word "struggle"

One big piece of advice would be to look for scholarships as early as possible, because you'd be surprised a how many outside scholarships there actually are, and how quickly they run out. Also, do research on different schools and see which ones offer you the most for your money. Take some time and write out the things that you're looking for in a college, whether it be ethnic/cultural diversity, small/intimate classes, or located near a big city. Everyone looks for something different when trying to find a school, just make sure that you find what's best for you, because for all intents and purposes, that's where you're going to be stuck for the next four years. Remember, college is what you make of it. The amount you put into it is the amount you're going to get out of it. Although you should remember to enjoy yourself, academics should be your first priority. Think of it this way, good grades equals good job, which equals good money, which means living the good life. Don't sacrifice a lifetime of success and happiness for four years of laziness and alcohol consumption.

We have RAP- Random Acts of Piping.

We have RAP- Random Acts of Piping.

Just this: There is no wrong reason for choosing one college over another. If the tie-breaker is the proximity of a McDonald's, then so be it. It is, afterall, where you'll be living for the next 4 years.

I wish that I had already learned how to study and think outside the box in high school; my freshman year grades would have been much better.

Andrea

A place where intelligence and creativity thrives.

A place where intelligence and creativity thrives.

When a prospective student is in search of a college, they should always take their time. Also, they should make sure they know everything they are getting to. It's not possible to know everything, but by talking to current students and administration things will get easier. To the parent, be patient. It may get frustrating when your college bound student cannot find that right school. Help with the research process and get all of the information that is out there. Also make sure that the financial aspects of school are taken care of when the school has been chosen; (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.)

Some of the dorms are getting pretty old.

molly

Wooster is truly a community. People bond, and with 1800 students, you almost always see a familiar face, but it's never as if you've met everyone. Professors want to help you and many welcome students into their homes, and the atmosphere is laid-back, but yet the students are generally very intelligent and high achievers. I am constantly intellectually stimulated and challenged in an envrionment that is not intimidating, and I always feel encouraged to grow without pressure.

The student needs to listen to his or her intuition, want to pursue a higher education, and own his or her decision completely. It's natural to be nervous about making such an important decision as choosing a college, but if you're able to walk onto a campus and can picture yourself happy there, consider why, and let that help you make your choice. I never pictured myself at a small school--I assumed I would go to school in an urban environment since I was raised in the city and couldn't imagine living in a rural area, ever--but when I ruled out my top (urban) choice, I knew that I needed to prioritize what had always been most important to me--academic excellence. I knew that even if it wasn't the first school I thought of, I would be happy someplace I felt I would be enriched. And being on campus at school has become the most comfortable place for me--when I'm home, I'm counting down the days until I can really be home again. If you plan to spend four years in one place, make sure you're happy.

The people--the professors, students, locals, and community in general. Wooster may be a small town and I never pictured myself going to a rural campus ever, but it's so nice to be in a place where you can feel completely comfortable and welcome, with very little pressure.

The College of Wooster administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.