The College of Wooster Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The College of Wooster

Cassandra

The College of Wooster is a beautiful school that has all the best parts of a small campus. The class sizes are a reasonable size to learn and build a relationship with the professor. Everyone seems to be on campus which makes for involvement in many on campus activities.

Teresa

It is a great school that offers a place for students to learn more about themselves and grow as intellectuals and scholars. Additionally, it offers students many resources, from academic support to health services to summer internship opportunities.

Lydia

Wooster is a great school that is perfect for those who prioritize academics. I have made great friendships with both other students and professors. I feel very supported both academically and personally, and most importantly, I am having a great time.

Sammie

The College of Wooster is an amazing place! The professors and students truly make it an environment anyone can thrive in! The curriculum is challenging, but it's just enough to push you to be a better student in and out of the classroom. I always feel like I am growing and evolving! I have never felt so supported by a community outside of my own and I am excited to finish the remainder of my college education at The College of Wooster.

Wooster is a supportive, friendly, challenging environment. Students are motivated to learn and help one another. The faculty and students have close relationships that foster a productive learning environment. The research opportunities here are tremendous, with paid sophomore research with professors, a senior thesis project. Wooster takes research very seriously, which is one of the reasons I chose the school.

Sam

For academically minded students who want a vibrant campus community, Wooster is the place to be! There are lots of opportunities for students to get involved on campus, ranging from academics to extracurriculars to sports. The College is consistently working to be a more diverse and helpful institution, and students will find it easy to voice their opinions and passions.

Naafiah

I think The College of Wooster is a fantastic institution. The sky is the limit here and maybe even beyond! I have been in a multitude of spaces and have always felt welcome. The academics here are fantastic and all of your professors know you by name. I am glad to be a part of such a wonderful campus community!

Al

The College of Wooster is a great school both academically and socially. There are different things for students everywhere when it comes to sports, activities, and the general party scene on campus. The professors are all amazing and go out of their way to work with students. Attending the College of Wooster is one of my greatest decisions.

Riley

I love the College of Wooster because of our tight-knit campus community. I can never walk from my dorm room to class without running into someone that I know! Between my various dormitories, classes, clubs, and activities, I\'ve really gotten to know a variety of interesting people. My friends are incredibly supportive of me, and we always look out for each other. I\'ve also gotten to know a lot of my professors personally. Because they\'re teaching to around ten students at a time, I know that they know me personally. If I\'m struggling, they often know exactly what\'s causing me difficulty. And when I\'m successful, they point out what it is that I\'ve done right.

Christina

The college has a beautiful campus and very friendly students and staff. There are great music groups and programs at the school, and it's a great academic liberal arts college. If I lived in the state, I would definitely go to this school. There are lots of great opportunities there, including campus clubs, extra curriculars, and student organizations.

Juliana

Everyone is so so so friendly. If you're looking for a place to feel comfortable but challenged, then this is the place!

Inethia

The College of Wooster offers many interesting and amazing classes. Some of the Dorms and Houses on campus lack air conditioning so rooms tend to get a bit humid on hot days. The food is bland but there is a bit of variety and seasonings are around the cafeteria to try to remedy the blandness. Overall the education you'll receive is worth suffering the bland food.

Aryana

The College Of Wooster is an amazing campus. I truly enjoyed my visit there and instantly felt welcomed! College of Wooster is a place I’d like to study at! The poetry clam was amazing and welcomed all the new comers to the mic, the coaches were happy to see any interested participants and the food choice was amazing ranging from vegan to meat lovers. The College of Wooster is definitely one of my dream colleges!

Jacqueline

The College of Wooster is a giant family, your professor and peers all want you to succeed. Independent thinking is highly encouraged, being creative and furthering your understanding of a subject is the best experience. We're always learning something new. This college supports both stem field and musical arts students. A new science building has been built and funding for the arts departments is always a priority. In all I love this school, it will definitely challenge you and push for your best work. Graduating from this college you will be a leader in your field and have the confidence and intelligence to go on and create great things throughout your life with the education and experiences given to us.

Courtney

Wooster' sincere belief that every form of intelligence is crucial to success make it easy to enter. The lacidasical student will soon learn, however, that the reading and writing rigors make it a earned education. The food is fabulous, the dorms are beautiful and dating relationships and friendships are easily maintained because of our philosophy of accountability and loyalty. Culture is constant and every one of our professors is required to have a phd. Wooster is the ideal education for a student whose goal is to become Well-rounded, and responsibly successful.

Sharon

Love the school and the classes. I am able to talk with my professors when needed and the small class size really helps. I am able to find students with all different ideas and we can often discuss scholarly topics being civilized and then have fun going out.

Brianna

The College of Wooster is a school where you will be challenged to go beyond the scope and think in ways you probably haven't thought before. Overall the academics are challenging and great. As for the social aspect of college it is definitely what you make it. If you choose to go out and get involved then expect a college life of class and netflix in your room. Most people are really friendly, but you have to be willing to get involved in sports, clubs, groups, etc. I personally have a great time with my friends. I love this college. The only gripe I would have is computer science majors have it tough in the lack of versalitility in curriculum, but I think most other majors can do a lot with their majors for going in different directions and what not.

Barbara

The campus is beautiful, in sun or rain or snow; the people are kind, helpful, and accommodating; the professors are not only experts in their field, but their enthusiasm permeates every lesson, every assignment, every lecture; office hours are not limited to talk of assignments and tests; the performances are numerous, the student organizations are open to all, the campus is small and intimate and familiar. Everyone extends a hand when you need it and a smile even when you don't. Worth the expense.

Kate

It is my last semester here and I am so sentimental about this school. From Professors who really care about you, to a great social community, to incredible opportunities to take advantage of, this place is one that allows students to really mold into really interesting and thoughtful individuals. I will definitely miss a lot about Wooster when I leave but I am very grateful for the direction it has given me.

The College of Wooster is a hidden gem. The faculty at Wooster are phenomenal and extremely supportive (speaking for the biology department). If you ever need help with anything, find your professors office hours. On the other hand, if you get bad grades, and do not reach out at all, the professors would be less inclined to help you out in the end. The food is not great, especially if you are a vegetarian or vegan. Wooster is not much of a college town either but it is a peaceful and beautiful campus. Additionally, it would be good to note that the academics at COW are quite rigorous. There is no such thing as an "easy" major. The college is ranked one of the very best in the country for undergraduate research and you will work very hard for it.

Wooster has a community that resembles "me and you" not "me or you". At the college, students succeed and learn because their classmates and friends are succeeding, not despite our peers succeeding. I wanted a college where I would learn and grown in an environment that taught me through explanation and kindness, where my classmates are happy to take time out of their day to help me at no benefit of their own. That is what Wooster is and I have grown and learned so much.

Victoria

The College of Wooster is an amazing school for any student who wants a small school homey-environment. The teachers mentor you every step of the way and really hone in on helping students with research in their learning. Students support one another and there is amazing career planning and study abroad opportunities for every student.

Kat

The College of Wooster is a great school! The entire campus community is extremely supportive of one another. Students, staff, and faculty, all really have each others' backs. The small school environment gives students a chance to really get to know the people around them.

alice

The College of Wooster is ideal for students who desire a very diverse college, and I mean very. They are very inclusive and you will be sure to find an extra-curricular activity that suits your interests. The professors are some of the best, especially in the English department and they are always willing to talk to you about anything that you have on your mind. Some professors invite students to their houses for dinner and they take time to get to know you as an individual. It's a great perk of attending a small school. Academically, Wooster is very sound. You will constantly be pushing the limits of what it means to learn and for the most part, students are very dedicated to learning. One downside is that people here are not overly friendly. They won't go out of their way to open doors for you or smile and make you feel welcome. I would look elsewhere for a friendly student body. Housing is decent, only 2 dorms have AC so August is a little rough but summer doesn't last too much longer after that. Overall, Wooster is A+ for academics and professors, but if you're looking for a welcoming environment, I'd suggest you go elsewhere.