Baltimore, MD
The Community College of Baltimore County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Community College of Baltimore County

Dana

My class mates are such an entertaining group of people.

My class mates are such an entertaining group of people.

I think my school is best known for it's diversity. There are people from all walks of life here and I think that makes for a more rich learning experince.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would say would be, "Brace yourself". College isn't going to be a cake walk like high school was. It's all about independence and with that comes responsibility. You are in charge of your own potential. Whether you do well or you fail, it is completely up to you. Laziness is not an option. Don't take on more than you can handle and take your time. It's not a race. Try to enjoy the college experience in a responsible way. Explore all that college has to offer and challenge yourself to get more out of your education. And most importantly, make sure that you major in soomething that will make you want to wake up in the morning and bring you happiness for many years to come.

Joshua

Assuming I could go back in time and tell my past self as a high school senior. What I know now about college life and making that kind of transition. I would tell myself to first go to a coomunity college and get all of the general education classes out of the way. It's way cheaper and also it's accredited which is an important word when dealing with any college. Another thing I would say is concentrate on the on the journey ahead of you. Because that will help you out more in the long run. I would tell myself also to be brave and bold in spirit. To use a quote by Albert Einstein " If an idea at first does not seem absurd, then there is no hope for it." And with that in mind the next thing I would tell myself is to not be afraid to fail. In fact it is only considered a failure if you stop trying to succeed at what you started. The more wrong answers you run into the more chances you'll have for that one yes. Which is all you really need in the first place.

Mark

My parents were pretty smart in telling me to enjoy my senior year. They allowed me to do a research and development course which really helped me know what I wanted to do in my future and allowed me the time to be with friends and enjoy my last year of school and being a kid. This year the real world has hit me in the face. I have been working hard in my classes for eight weeks and then out into my internship and working everyday from six to six for eight weeks. Those are long days sometimes but now I know why people look tired at the end of a work day. The automotive technology program I have chosen fits me and I do enjoy working at JBA Chevrolet. I have seen how to put what I learn in the classroom into use in the real world. I have experienced how to deal with peers and other shop people as well as customer service. The best advice I could give myself would be to chose an occupation where you will enjoy your job, have challenges and goals and be happy for the many years you have to work.

I wish I had known a little more of what was going to be expected of me especially in dealing with finding my internship company. I am very happy with my instructors and what I am learning and my internship.

I feel my program is not considered a part of the college. Our buildings are separate from the other college buildings but they really have to be to deal with the cars and traffic we have. Our courses are a concentrated eight weeks and we have internships which take us off campus for the second eight weeks of each semester. I would like a calendar to give me an idea of what and when things are going to happen in my program.

Kristin

My classmates are very creative.

My classmates are very creative.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say stay focused during the semester. I would tell myself its easy to lose focus because your friends do not have the same goals as you do. Your friends ambitions not to take college seriously can have an effect on you if you begin to put their needs first. I would also tell myself to pay attention attentively so I can make better decisions. Paying attention will enhance my learning capabilities and I will recieve better grades by doing so. Knowing these key factors will help me be a better student and it will help me achieve my career goals.

Before I came to this school I wish I had known that college is a great expierience that can enhance my learning abilities to the fullest extent.

Tiffany

If i could go back in time and talke to myself as a high school senior the advice I would give myself would have been to try to get better in certain subjects. They made seem the same in college as they are in high school, but acually they are so much different.

I think some of the classes are too big.

I would tell my myself to not proscrastinate about looking up scholarships. The other big thing I would tell myself is to not overreact about picking out pricy colleges. I know now that you can go to community colleges to start out and get the same eduacation as a major 4 year university.

I love my school because it is super close to my house and not overpriced.

The best thing about my school is its small size. It is easy to get to classes and the smaller class sizes help students feel like individuals, not just numbers.

Christina

I would say, keep your eye on the ball. It is very easy to get distracted and to take the easy way out, but don't. You can do it and you know you will. Everyone who say's you can't will be proven wrong and you can and will succeed. You know all you want is to be a nurse and after working at the hospital you know that is what you are meant to do, but to get to that point you must get through school. So get through this.

The best thing about my school is the size and the relationship between students and professors. It is just big enough that you see a new face everyday and small enough where there is time for the professor to know who you are and you aren't just a number they want you to succeed.

The fact that, yes it is a community college, but i also don't have any friends here. I went to a 4 year university last year and did not like it so now I am just trying to figure out where the wind will blow me. It will definitly be in nursing, but how i will get there ( whether a 4 year school or become an RN first) I'm not sure.

Tara

This school has the most interesting people and it is at a reasonable price while providing outstanding education.

I would have told myself not to worry but think about my major.

The worst thing is that there is no place for student to hang around and talk to each other without getting yelled at by teachers and public safety.

The Community College of Baltimore County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.