Baltimore, MD
The Community College of Baltimore County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Community College of Baltimore County

Matthew

I did not go to college right after I graduated. I went to work. I am 55 years old and enjoy the experience of going to college. I recommend, if you have a chance to go to college, take it, go to school, get a degree, but get a degree that you will use in the future. Knowledge is power. A person can not get enough knowledge in their life time, so take advantage of the opportunity to go to college. Wil the government's help with financal aid, loans, scholarships, and grants, there is no reason not to go to college. The skills you will learn in college will aid you throughout your life. Learn to write and speak properly in today's job force. And most of all, do it for yourself.

Mentoring is the best. The people that are mentors are the top of the line. Advising is also very good and helpful. Their is plenty of computer access throughout the college. Administration is very helpful to new students as well as to the older students. Most of the students are easy to get along with and the President of the college has an "open door policy" that makes it easy to comunicate with the staff.

As a History major student I think there should be more history classes or choices of history classes. I want to study the American Indian from before the Europeans came tro America to the present. When their was a class, not enough students signed up for the class. Also, the clubs, such as, the Honors club listen to only the elected students in the program. Others in the club are taken seriously or not at all.

justin

The unqiue part of my school is the help shown to new students who have been out of high school for some time.

When I was a kid in high school, I was very much into joinning the military. I thought I had my life planned out for me, and I had no intrest in going to college. In the years since I have worked hard job for miniumal wage trying to support myself. It took until I was almost twenty two to attempt the scary monster that is college, but now that I am here I have no idea why I was so scared. College is the best thing to happen to me. I would go back in time to show myself that it is possible. College is no an unachievable feat if you are willing to put in the work. I would tell myself that I can do it. Confidence is what I need, and I never had any. I would tell myself to buckle down and put in the effort. Hopefully I would have someone who believe in me even if it was myself.

The resources needed are all over Maryland. I have to take classes in dundalk and essex to get the classes I want for my major.

Amber

It is an outer city school, and it is obvious people are there to complete their degree and get out.

If given the chance to go back and talk to the younger me, I would tell her to focus on school and stay with her parents as long as possible. I was fortunate in that my parents had managed to save enough to cover my entire first semester of college. Unfortunately, the act was wasted, as I had chosen to focus on starting a second job, trying to become more self-sufficient, instead of the education they’d worked to provide for me. This decision, understandably, started a series of arguments between us that resulted in me choosing to live on my own, still working both jobs, rather than staying at home and making school a priority. Now I have to force school between the schedules of a full time and part time job, and I'm unable to enjoy the same college life as my friends. I battle between registering for classes and paying rent, and as recently as this past semester, I have had to drop classes just to pay other bills. This choice has had, by far, the largest impact on my education, and I would do anything to keep the younger me from making it again.

It's a bit run down and the internet can go down randomly.

Keighley

I know its tough now. Dont stress you tried your best. Soon it will all be over and you can get out of this town. Once you get a new job after you move, and get some more money saved up., you can take some college classses. Save as much as you can, you will need every penny. The feeling you will get from doing college your way and not having to rely on that "mother" of yours for anything, including college money, will be so worth every struggle you will come accross.

Olufunmilayo

The Community College of Batimore county is known for guiding students along the right paths in their careers and giving ways to various oppurtunities for students to succeed in Life. A lot of councelling and tutoring is offered at the college because their main goal is for every student to succeed. Also one on one advising for students really go a long way in helping determine what kind of person the student is and what the stuent might really want. Also the career center is a great place to get full confirmation about where a student is meant to be.

I would give myself a lot of advice but the three most important advice I would give myself would be: "Never compare yourself to anyone else". I had always compared my success and or failure to how everyone else was doing in the classroom and did not realize how destructive it was until recently. I never did my best because I was one of the few people in high school who was getting the highest scores in class. Even though I knew I could do better, I never tried as hard as I should have. Another advice I refused to listen to was one which my mum gave me about four years ago. Now I am in turn going to give my high school self this advice; "Whatever your hands find to do, do it well". This advice is almost the same as the third which is "Work as if everything depends on you, and pray as if everything depends on God". Thats the greatest advice I could ever give anyone who is going through life because the harder one works for success, the more likely the person is going to attain success.

Any kind of person is allowed at CCBC. This is one very good part of CCBC. No matter the race, ethnicity, background, or educational intelligence, everyone is allowed to learn and explore the great school. The student life is also a great way for different people to find their pairs and interact with other people from all over the country. Thats why the students who attend CCBC have the catch phrase that says "I am CCBC".

Omoabhiena

My college experience cannot be compared to nothing else but progressively fulfillingand maturing.I have always likened school matter to a growing baby who first starts by learning to sit,then crawl,then holding on to things around it to stand up.After a standing period,with more support,it starts taking its first step,then walk,then it becomes "independent" to move and run without any support - it now decides where his legs will take him. Such is my college experience.I have been progressively molded and shaped over the periods,maturing into my "independent" stage, believing and knowing that I can do whatever I so decide to do without supervision.I am now mature and confident.

The best thing about the community College of Baltimore County is its organization,accessibilty and flexibility;three major campuses in strategic locations in Baltimore county together with a couple of smaller annexes(branches) to accommodate other kind of courses,people,spaces,and times.Also are the online class schedules for both hybrid and distance learning,which give encouraging study options.

Mostly I brag about how mentally tasking and challenging it is to earn a good grade in any subject at the Community College of Baltimore County as compared,I believe,with other schools I have been before or have been opportuned to see their curriculum - in terms of the quantity and quality of materials offered,also quality of personnel(academic and non-academic).In a nutshell,this college will bring the very best out of you,serving as a sound platform equiping you for even greater challenges of higher academic pursuit.

Magda

College is a new process, that allows you to learn a lot about you and the world around you. It has made me a better person to experience some of the things I have while on campus, and for that, I am proud that I have embarked in the process.

I actually don't have anything

Students who need to acquire better understanding before entering a 4 year community

Tiffany

Tiffany, you are really smart and extremely capable. When you get to college next year, the work will be more difficult than what you're used to. Don't worry and don't panic! You can handle it! You will have to focus and make sacrifices. You will have to study hard and you will reap the benefits. Whatever you do, do not give up! Trust me, you'll be really mad at yourself if you do. Also, try to have fun. College is not all about academics. It's about meeting people and learning about who you are and what you are made of! You are gonna be a great college student! See you on the Dean's List!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the academic probation policy. When I first enrolled, I did not realize that I would need to drop or withdraw from a class I no longer wanted to attend. I found myself on academic probation and until i raise my GPA I must meet with an academic advisor in order to register for class.

Keva

I would have to say my school is best known for its diverse student and staff population. It's also a great place to set up for a transfer to 4 year colleges and universities. The staff is very helpful with helping students achieve their goals and often offer great opportunities to academically help students.

I would tell myself to never procrastinate on college scholarships or opportunities. Waiting for the last minuet will always get you no where in life. I would also advise my young self to not get caught up in what everyone else is doing. You can't go on in life, constantly worrying about what other peopl are doing. You have to live your own life, make your own mistakes, and learn form your own experiences. These two things would be the only pieces of advice that I would give myself as a high school senior.

Beore attending my school, I wish I'd known abaout all the workshops that would be available during classes. I've missed out on so muuch quality information because I've had clasees. If I'd known this, I would have been able to manage my class times and free times better.

jawad

This school is great and everything about is just extremely excellent.

This school is great and everything about is just extremely excellent.

The advice i would give myself would be to concentrate in every class and do the best you can. Pay attention in every class because you're going to need it in your freshman year. Study hard and make sure you do great in every quiz and exam and get your gpa high so you can earn more scholarships. Also, study hard and make sure you aim and get a high score in the SAT's.

anyone who does not want to succeed in school and have a good career in life. I believe this school is a great place for someone who has not have had much education in their life and now wants to make something out of it then this is definitely the place.

The Community College of Baltimore County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.