Baltimore, MD
The Community College of Baltimore County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Community College of Baltimore County

Marcellus

It was a an even flow of stereotypes at the school and they all co-mingle together.

Anything that the school did on campus was popular student plays , all the groups were interesting International student parties and also talent shows.

The academics i would say is a wide range for students to study ,i am in the criminal justice field and they have everything for me at the school.

Stephen

Excellent for those who put forth the work. You get what you put in.

Excellent for those who put forth the work. You get what you put in.

Work a lot harder and have more confidence in your abilities. You can only be limited by what you think you cant do.

Shanaye

My classmates are a lively bunch of individuals, who really want to make a difference in their lives.

I wish that I could turn back the hands of time, and be a mentor to myself in high school. The knowledge and wisdom that I have now, that I am in college; could really help her out. I believe she would really thank me for looking out for her best interest. First, I would tell myself to keep herself highly motivated. Motivation is a key part in your academic success! Successful students are goal-oriented, and believe they are responsible for their own rise or fall. If you aren't enthusiastic about your own academic career, then you could possibly let yourself down. Always wake up ready to attack the day! Being on time is also important. It shows that you are serious about your life, and your future as well. Visualize your success as you're preparing for your quizzes and exams. Always put forth your very best, and apply yourself while you're studying. It is hard right now, but really worth it. Once you walk across the stage to recieve your diploma, you'll understand why it was a struggle. Your transcript will show your college professors that you're ready to take on the world.

The best thing about The Community College of Baltimore County is the great resources! These resources are useful; helping you become a successful student. The free tutoring and guidance counseling, are really helping me excell in my classes. I am learning better studying habits, how to complete home assignments on time, and writing better essays because of the CCBC resources.

Emmanuel

I would tell myself to prepare for the workload, and expect it to be hard to balance school life and social life. And don't forget what I learnd in past years because it will come up in college or other schools.

I wished I knew how my fellow students would act, because socializing is more of a job than it should be. Also, many people don't take school too seriously, they seem to be there just to be there.

A person who really doesn't know what they want to do and are still trying to figure it out. A person doing general studies.

Matthew

I did not go to college right after I graduated. I went to work. I am 55 years old and enjoy the experience of going to college. I recommend, if you have a chance to go to college, take it, go to school, get a degree, but get a degree that you will use in the future. Knowledge is power. A person can not get enough knowledge in their life time, so take advantage of the opportunity to go to college. Wil the government's help with financal aid, loans, scholarships, and grants, there is no reason not to go to college. The skills you will learn in college will aid you throughout your life. Learn to write and speak properly in today's job force. And most of all, do it for yourself.

Mentoring is the best. The people that are mentors are the top of the line. Advising is also very good and helpful. Their is plenty of computer access throughout the college. Administration is very helpful to new students as well as to the older students. Most of the students are easy to get along with and the President of the college has an "open door policy" that makes it easy to comunicate with the staff.

As a History major student I think there should be more history classes or choices of history classes. I want to study the American Indian from before the Europeans came tro America to the present. When their was a class, not enough students signed up for the class. Also, the clubs, such as, the Honors club listen to only the elected students in the program. Others in the club are taken seriously or not at all.

justin

The unqiue part of my school is the help shown to new students who have been out of high school for some time.

When I was a kid in high school, I was very much into joinning the military. I thought I had my life planned out for me, and I had no intrest in going to college. In the years since I have worked hard job for miniumal wage trying to support myself. It took until I was almost twenty two to attempt the scary monster that is college, but now that I am here I have no idea why I was so scared. College is the best thing to happen to me. I would go back in time to show myself that it is possible. College is no an unachievable feat if you are willing to put in the work. I would tell myself that I can do it. Confidence is what I need, and I never had any. I would tell myself to buckle down and put in the effort. Hopefully I would have someone who believe in me even if it was myself.

The resources needed are all over Maryland. I have to take classes in dundalk and essex to get the classes I want for my major.

Amber

It is an outer city school, and it is obvious people are there to complete their degree and get out.

If given the chance to go back and talk to the younger me, I would tell her to focus on school and stay with her parents as long as possible. I was fortunate in that my parents had managed to save enough to cover my entire first semester of college. Unfortunately, the act was wasted, as I had chosen to focus on starting a second job, trying to become more self-sufficient, instead of the education they’d worked to provide for me. This decision, understandably, started a series of arguments between us that resulted in me choosing to live on my own, still working both jobs, rather than staying at home and making school a priority. Now I have to force school between the schedules of a full time and part time job, and I'm unable to enjoy the same college life as my friends. I battle between registering for classes and paying rent, and as recently as this past semester, I have had to drop classes just to pay other bills. This choice has had, by far, the largest impact on my education, and I would do anything to keep the younger me from making it again.

It's a bit run down and the internet can go down randomly.

Keighley

I know its tough now. Dont stress you tried your best. Soon it will all be over and you can get out of this town. Once you get a new job after you move, and get some more money saved up., you can take some college classses. Save as much as you can, you will need every penny. The feeling you will get from doing college your way and not having to rely on that "mother" of yours for anything, including college money, will be so worth every struggle you will come accross.

Olufunmilayo

The Community College of Batimore county is known for guiding students along the right paths in their careers and giving ways to various oppurtunities for students to succeed in Life. A lot of councelling and tutoring is offered at the college because their main goal is for every student to succeed. Also one on one advising for students really go a long way in helping determine what kind of person the student is and what the stuent might really want. Also the career center is a great place to get full confirmation about where a student is meant to be.

I would give myself a lot of advice but the three most important advice I would give myself would be: "Never compare yourself to anyone else". I had always compared my success and or failure to how everyone else was doing in the classroom and did not realize how destructive it was until recently. I never did my best because I was one of the few people in high school who was getting the highest scores in class. Even though I knew I could do better, I never tried as hard as I should have. Another advice I refused to listen to was one which my mum gave me about four years ago. Now I am in turn going to give my high school self this advice; "Whatever your hands find to do, do it well". This advice is almost the same as the third which is "Work as if everything depends on you, and pray as if everything depends on God". Thats the greatest advice I could ever give anyone who is going through life because the harder one works for success, the more likely the person is going to attain success.

Any kind of person is allowed at CCBC. This is one very good part of CCBC. No matter the race, ethnicity, background, or educational intelligence, everyone is allowed to learn and explore the great school. The student life is also a great way for different people to find their pairs and interact with other people from all over the country. Thats why the students who attend CCBC have the catch phrase that says "I am CCBC".

The Community College of Baltimore County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.