Baltimore, MD
The Community College of Baltimore County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Community College of Baltimore County

Magda

College is a new process, that allows you to learn a lot about you and the world around you. It has made me a better person to experience some of the things I have while on campus, and for that, I am proud that I have embarked in the process.

I actually don't have anything

Students who need to acquire better understanding before entering a 4 year community

Tiffany

Tiffany, you are really smart and extremely capable. When you get to college next year, the work will be more difficult than what you're used to. Don't worry and don't panic! You can handle it! You will have to focus and make sacrifices. You will have to study hard and you will reap the benefits. Whatever you do, do not give up! Trust me, you'll be really mad at yourself if you do. Also, try to have fun. College is not all about academics. It's about meeting people and learning about who you are and what you are made of! You are gonna be a great college student! See you on the Dean's List!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the academic probation policy. When I first enrolled, I did not realize that I would need to drop or withdraw from a class I no longer wanted to attend. I found myself on academic probation and until i raise my GPA I must meet with an academic advisor in order to register for class.

Keva

I would have to say my school is best known for its diverse student and staff population. It's also a great place to set up for a transfer to 4 year colleges and universities. The staff is very helpful with helping students achieve their goals and often offer great opportunities to academically help students.

I would tell myself to never procrastinate on college scholarships or opportunities. Waiting for the last minuet will always get you no where in life. I would also advise my young self to not get caught up in what everyone else is doing. You can't go on in life, constantly worrying about what other peopl are doing. You have to live your own life, make your own mistakes, and learn form your own experiences. These two things would be the only pieces of advice that I would give myself as a high school senior.

Beore attending my school, I wish I'd known abaout all the workshops that would be available during classes. I've missed out on so muuch quality information because I've had clasees. If I'd known this, I would have been able to manage my class times and free times better.

jawad

This school is great and everything about is just extremely excellent.

This school is great and everything about is just extremely excellent.

The advice i would give myself would be to concentrate in every class and do the best you can. Pay attention in every class because you're going to need it in your freshman year. Study hard and make sure you do great in every quiz and exam and get your gpa high so you can earn more scholarships. Also, study hard and make sure you aim and get a high score in the SAT's.

anyone who does not want to succeed in school and have a good career in life. I believe this school is a great place for someone who has not have had much education in their life and now wants to make something out of it then this is definitely the place.

Angela

the community college of baltimore county essex campus is a very good school, especially for someone who is just attending college for the first time. the staff, faculty and students are freindly, and there are lots of clubs and actitivities on campus to join and attend throughout the semester.

The advice i would give myself is to not procrasnate when it came to doing my school work, and to not be afraid ,ashame or intimated to talk to my professor whenever i was having trouble with assigments. I also would recommend to myself, is to not do any studying at home because you will get distracted with wanting to watch tv, taking a nap or putting it on hold intil later. I also would tell myself to join clubs and get involved my first or second semester there, but the number i advice i would most defeintly give myself is to college right after highschool, because time do fly by.

I wish i would have known what professsors to stay away from.....

Toni

The Community College of Baltimore County is best known for the free tutoring sessions. During my first semester of college, many of my professors would always tell us that the college offered free tutoring sessions five days a week. I could not believe what I was being told because most colleges and universities do not offer such a great opportunity. The other good thing about the tutoring is that you can request to have help from peer tutors if by chance you think you would feel more comfortable. Many times when I was struggling with math, I would get help.

If I ever had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there would be several things I would say. For example, now that I have actually had the opportunity to experience what the college life is all about, I know some things that I did before would definetely have to change. I would tell myself to not follow my friends and to continue to strive for my best although it was my last year. Although senior year should be fun and exciting, it should not be a time to just give up and stop striving for your best. I personally thought the transition from high school to college what be as easy as it was when entering the ninth grade. I was wrong beacause my first couple of weeks were difficult. I thought I could be successful by using the same habits as I did in high school. For example, like staying up after 1 in the morning and not studying for exams. Those habits were no longer useful, so I had to immediately change my mindset and begin adopting new strategies if I wanted my college education to be successful.

When I am talking to my friends about my school, I often bring up the fact that the location is awesome. For instance, most college students drive but unfortunately I do not have my own vehicle yet, so the good thing is that the MTA is very useful. It drops us off right in front of the building. Also since The Community College of Baltimore County is increasing in student life daily, finding parking spaces often tends to be difficult, which could possibly make you late for class. The Maryland public transportation is very convient and reliable and saves time.

When you go to CCBC classmates there are not looking to make friends. They are more focused on doing their school work. Most of them are just looking to get out of their and to move on to a four year college.

Part of learning is having to experience it on your own. By going back in time and telling myself what to except would be un fair. I want to go to a college and experience something and say I learned something while being their. If I already knew what to except when I went to college I would not have learned and grown from the experience. Going to college for me was an eye opening. High School was a joke and then, once I entered college I came to realize, that this was it before entering the real world. If I would have already known what to except before going into college, I would not have made the great progress of beign a college student that I am now.

To be honest I don't. Don't get me wrong CCBC is a good school. If CCBC comes up in a conversation its about how easy it is. Or how i want to get out of their so I can get a harder education program. I want to be able to tell someone I strived to get good grades and a good education.

Tiffani

CCBC is a place where you can learn and experience a wide variety of skills that you can not otherwise find in the surrounding area colleges.

The classmates at CCBC that I have encountered so far includes a wide diverse group including many different ethnicities, races, ages, as well as many groups coming from similar family backgrounds and some not so familiar.

I was not a traditional high school senior in many ways and because of this I missed out on the many joys that a high schol senior experiences and learns to prepare them for their future. I entered my first year of high school a teen parent to a one year old, and because of this I made alot of decisions that weren't very carefully thought through concerning my education and my future beyond high school. So from my experiences I would have to tell myself to make a life plan and stick to it, then set both current and future goals and follow through with them. When life gets a bit confusing and demanding just step back and re-evaluate the way you are handling things. NEVER GIVE UP! Instead keep positive thoughts and rearrange your list of priorities in a manner that works for you. And last but not least I would definitley have to tell myself to don't be afraid to ask for help. Until you ask for help, you will never know who in your network of family, friends, neighbors, school and community can be of assistance to you and in what manner.

Tiffany

The college I attend, The Community College of Baltimore County-Cantonsvlle is Diverse, lively, new, and technology savy.

I think you should still attend a four year college because you save alot of money and you still can experience a four college once you get your associates degree so your off on the right path. Once you get into college right away write down your goals your trying to reach, include all of them because some will dop off because you chage your mind and some youwill actually meet if you stick to them. On the other hand I think your doing an excellent job with college and your future Tiffany.

I tell my friends how my school gives you alot of knowledge and help to get you thorugh the class with a passing grade. Also, to be a community college, the professors get you prepared to transfer to a four year college of your liking and according to your major. In addition, the school offers various programs of your interest such as sports, art, theatre, dance, etc. After these examples my friends are sure to believe it's a great two year college to attend.

Joy

While attending Essex-The Community College of Baltimore County, I?ve notice the richness in diversity. My classmates are an assortment of colors and languages. I?m always in awe with natives from far away countries and Marylanders from different corners of the state, all in one classroom. It?s amazing.

If I now and I then stood face to face, only one single thought would come to mind. It would chime in like an old hymn for the Baptist song book. Rattle my nerves a bit and my right foot would begin to tap ever so gently on the floor. Of course my younger self would do the same but not for the same reasons. She of course, is bored. I would look upon her with a my distraught face, my lips pulling to one side of my face, my eyes would widen just a little and I would say what I was thinking, ?Mother to Son.? Her eyes would meet mine, she?s intrigue, and then she catches herself. I would smile and say ?Langston.? She nods. I continue with, ?Don?t let anything stop you. Stay focus, because life by itself is hard. School can be fun and interesting. Just don?t allow outside drama to consume your whole entire world. Don?t turn back, reach those landings and keep climbing. I can?t promise that the transition is easy. But, I can promise you that if you stick with it your life will be enrich.?

The most exciting thing about my school is the people who attend there. I know college is about learning so you can get ahead in life. But, I feel like because I can encounter with so many different people that I already feel like I?m ahead in life. My inner soul is enriched by the people that walk the campus grounds. The stories, the culture, the stereotypes that are false and some that are true; I?m experiencing that. Now I feel like the world is my oyster because I don?t shy away from new experiencing.

The Community College of Baltimore County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.