Baltimore, MD
The Community College of Baltimore County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Community College of Baltimore County

samantha

Hey, you know when you decided you were gonna go to college because it looked like fun? Well, it is. Not because of the parties that are thrown, but because of the learning experiances. Be ready to learn when you walk through the doors. If you hope to pass, you must do your homework and study hard. Study harder than you did in high school. You will make friends that will last longer than those from high school and you will make memories that will influence your decisions for the rest of your life. There will be some tough times but there will also be times of triumph as you work toward your degree. Dont be afraid to fail. Think of it as a chance to do it over only better than the last time. You can do it. Just keep faith in God and do your homework. Don't let anyone or anything stop you from reaching your dream. Good luck, Sam! See you in the mirror in a few years when you've made it! Oh, by the way, you'll make it. Just believe.

Josefina

The advice I would give to myself would pertain to time management. I would tell myself that college is a very exciting experience, but time management is very important. It is important to set goals and then to break down those goals into smaller ones and find a schedule that works for me to accomplish the goals set. Without setting time aside to study, I will only distant myself from accomplishing so much. I would stress that in order to obtain good grades and to further my chances of finishing school, time will have to be managed properly. In the end I would remind myself to welcome the challenges of being a college student brings, but to also enjoy the wonderful expereince at the same time.

Robert

The students are so absorbed by their class assignments that they do not really socialize.

Hey Rob: Hope you are doing well. Now that high school is over you seem to be looking toward the future. Even though you may think that the last four years were the greatest, the best is yet to come. College is so much different than high school. Remember that you are in college because YOU want to be there. Don't take it for granted. Money may be tight, but your tenacity is strong. Don't take it for granted and always remember that while your education is important, family is too. Maintain your friendships while staying focused on your goals. Your journey will be a great one.

Someone who is not motivated to do the work.

Toni

Hi, nice to meet you, my name is Toni and I just want to talk to you a little bit about the college life I experienced for a semester. College is very very different from High School because you have to do everything on your own. Of course there are guidance counselors and advisors, but they don't help you as much as high school counselors because they expect you to do everything on your own since you're an adult now. As far as the professors, they could care less about you. If you don't show up to class or do your assignments, that's your loss, not theirs because they've graduated college and recieved their degree. If there's anything that you should take with you to college, it should be FOCUS. If you are focused, then you will be fine. Don't let distractions such as parties and friends get in your way of your education, because you will get left behind. Good luck!

Danielle

I feel that the gym at CCBC Essex Campus is really nice. I enjoy working out, so exercise has become a part of my daily routine. I have attended two other colleges in California, and I did not like there Gym facilities. I love how Essex campus has a large outdoor track and a fairly good sized track indoors as well. I also love how there is an indoor pool. I remember taking swimming at a college in California, and it had an outdoor pool. It was so hard to warm up and start swimming because I would be freezing.

When I first started college, I was afraid of failing and I decided to major in Fashion designing because I was good at art and horrible at science and math. I would love a chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. I would do it all differently if I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school. I would tell myself to not be afraid to pursue my dream of becoming a nurse, and tell myself that it is ok if I am horrible at certain subjects. What matters is what I do to become good at what I am horrible at. I would tell myself that procrastination is merely the fear of failure or uncertainty. Instead of procrastinating, I need to just get it done. If I do it wrong ahead of time, I can go back and make it right! I would tell myself that a positive attitude will help me to succeed at whatever I do. I would tell myself that I do have it in me to succeed and to reach whatever goal I want in life. I would say to never doubt myself!

I am not much of a bragger. When I told my mother about CCBC Essex campus, I basically explained to her that the campus was in a great location because it was walking distance from my home. I was also able to ride metro transportation if needed because the bus station was centrally located near the campus. I remember also explaining that the grades are posted very quickly, which I like very much. I also felt that the coffee sold on campus was delicious and affordable. That is very important to me because I need my coffee in the mornings.

luke

My school is an excellent starting point, full of dedicated professors teaching small classes.

I waited almost a decade to college after high school. I would tell myself to start earlier. I don't rergret the off-time, I just wish there was less of it. Spending time working as a carpenter or backpacking around the country were great experiences that taught me alot but the lessons could have been learned just as well and as thoroughly in half the time. However, I met my fiance during my travels and I wouldn't trade her for any amount of schooling. In the end, I suppose I'm pretty happy with my life, the decisions I made since my senior year of high school, and the results of those decisions, so I probably wouldn't tell my past-self anything; I wouldn't want to inadvertantly change anything about my current life.

I would have liked to know just how easy college can be if you apply yourself. Most people, myself included, believe college to be a difficult endeavor, one that will become increasingly more difficult as more and more time elapses between their last year of high school and their first year of college. This is untrue. If your willing to learn, you can do so at any age.

For my school to be an community college, it sure does give you the feeling of an university campus. It's not too small nor too big, it gives one an opportunity to experience the college life without feeling overwhelmed. I feel it is the perfect jumpstart to help lessen the anxiety of adjusting to an university when I transfer to an in the fall.

If Icould go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd advise myself to be strong, patient, and wise. College work is not difficult, however, being your own motivator is because you have to manage your time to read numerous of chapters every week, no one reminds you regularly when assignments are due, and although teachers are there to help you, you have to be strong enough to push yourself. Also, college is not cheap and with your major, books will likely be at least a hundred plus each so work over the summer and save up; summer is no longer a three month vacation. Once you've settled on campus, get involved in clubs and organizations so that you will feel a sense of self worth as well as gain friendships. You may have neglected social activities and only focused on academics in high school but in college, trust me you will appreciate the comradery of others for they will be your support system and allow you to feel relaxed. I want you to enjoy and take advantage of your college experience, don't stress, you can do it.

If there was an worst thing about my school, I'd have to say it is the small computer lab. There's only 2 on campus in which you can actually print out your work and only 1 of the 2 labs is open to everyone while the other is only open to those in the honor program. When it gets busy in the middle and end of semester when it seems like every teacher has a paper due, trying to get access to an computer on campus is rather difficult.

Dana

My class mates are such an entertaining group of people.

My class mates are such an entertaining group of people.

I think my school is best known for it's diversity. There are people from all walks of life here and I think that makes for a more rich learning experince.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would say would be, "Brace yourself". College isn't going to be a cake walk like high school was. It's all about independence and with that comes responsibility. You are in charge of your own potential. Whether you do well or you fail, it is completely up to you. Laziness is not an option. Don't take on more than you can handle and take your time. It's not a race. Try to enjoy the college experience in a responsible way. Explore all that college has to offer and challenge yourself to get more out of your education. And most importantly, make sure that you major in soomething that will make you want to wake up in the morning and bring you happiness for many years to come.

Joshua

Assuming I could go back in time and tell my past self as a high school senior. What I know now about college life and making that kind of transition. I would tell myself to first go to a coomunity college and get all of the general education classes out of the way. It's way cheaper and also it's accredited which is an important word when dealing with any college. Another thing I would say is concentrate on the on the journey ahead of you. Because that will help you out more in the long run. I would tell myself also to be brave and bold in spirit. To use a quote by Albert Einstein " If an idea at first does not seem absurd, then there is no hope for it." And with that in mind the next thing I would tell myself is to not be afraid to fail. In fact it is only considered a failure if you stop trying to succeed at what you started. The more wrong answers you run into the more chances you'll have for that one yes. Which is all you really need in the first place.

Mark

My parents were pretty smart in telling me to enjoy my senior year. They allowed me to do a research and development course which really helped me know what I wanted to do in my future and allowed me the time to be with friends and enjoy my last year of school and being a kid. This year the real world has hit me in the face. I have been working hard in my classes for eight weeks and then out into my internship and working everyday from six to six for eight weeks. Those are long days sometimes but now I know why people look tired at the end of a work day. The automotive technology program I have chosen fits me and I do enjoy working at JBA Chevrolet. I have seen how to put what I learn in the classroom into use in the real world. I have experienced how to deal with peers and other shop people as well as customer service. The best advice I could give myself would be to chose an occupation where you will enjoy your job, have challenges and goals and be happy for the many years you have to work.

I wish I had known a little more of what was going to be expected of me especially in dealing with finding my internship company. I am very happy with my instructors and what I am learning and my internship.

I feel my program is not considered a part of the college. Our buildings are separate from the other college buildings but they really have to be to deal with the cars and traffic we have. Our courses are a concentrated eight weeks and we have internships which take us off campus for the second eight weeks of each semester. I would like a calendar to give me an idea of what and when things are going to happen in my program.

The Community College of Baltimore County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.