Baltimore, MD
The Community College of Baltimore County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Community College of Baltimore County

I would tell myself that now is not the time to get senoritis, you need to stay focused and concentrate on graduating and getting ready for college, because college is nothing like high school. I would also tell myself that because college is nothing like high school do not get overwhelemed at first, it is going to be a challange, but some challanges are good for you and as long as you keep on striving towards your goal and the end, it will all be worth it.

There is not enough Parking for everyone.

The Community College of Baltimore County is a very convenient place to attend school. It has three main campuses located in east and west Baltimore County and has plenty of available online classes to accomodate all students.

MOST people have no idea of what they want to be, and choosing a degree will not LIMIT you to that field. There is nothing to be afraid of. Failure is not in your future and you can be whatever you want to be. The best thing to do is ask questions and get as much guidance as possible. Life in the real world is pretty competitive and having a degree will give you the edge you need to survive in life. You pick up quickly in the workplace, so if you have the degree, your experience will speak for itself. Don't hesitate when it comes to your education, it will be the only thing that holds you back from becoming what you want to become. Even when you're 30 years old, you still may not know what you want to be, but you'll have the power to be what you want.

boston

If i could go back and talk to the person i was my senior year of high school i would tell myself to take more college credit classes while i still can before the prices sky rocket after i graduate! I would also tell myself that college is so much fun but to be smart with my time and decisions. I would tell myself not to date boys named matt (haha). I would make sure that i understood the importance of getting some sort of scholorship before i graduate so that my college days could be a little less stressful. i would tell myself that everything will be okay.

samantha

Hey, you know when you decided you were gonna go to college because it looked like fun? Well, it is. Not because of the parties that are thrown, but because of the learning experiances. Be ready to learn when you walk through the doors. If you hope to pass, you must do your homework and study hard. Study harder than you did in high school. You will make friends that will last longer than those from high school and you will make memories that will influence your decisions for the rest of your life. There will be some tough times but there will also be times of triumph as you work toward your degree. Dont be afraid to fail. Think of it as a chance to do it over only better than the last time. You can do it. Just keep faith in God and do your homework. Don't let anyone or anything stop you from reaching your dream. Good luck, Sam! See you in the mirror in a few years when you've made it! Oh, by the way, you'll make it. Just believe.

Josefina

The advice I would give to myself would pertain to time management. I would tell myself that college is a very exciting experience, but time management is very important. It is important to set goals and then to break down those goals into smaller ones and find a schedule that works for me to accomplish the goals set. Without setting time aside to study, I will only distant myself from accomplishing so much. I would stress that in order to obtain good grades and to further my chances of finishing school, time will have to be managed properly. In the end I would remind myself to welcome the challenges of being a college student brings, but to also enjoy the wonderful expereince at the same time.

Robert

The students are so absorbed by their class assignments that they do not really socialize.

Hey Rob: Hope you are doing well. Now that high school is over you seem to be looking toward the future. Even though you may think that the last four years were the greatest, the best is yet to come. College is so much different than high school. Remember that you are in college because YOU want to be there. Don't take it for granted. Money may be tight, but your tenacity is strong. Don't take it for granted and always remember that while your education is important, family is too. Maintain your friendships while staying focused on your goals. Your journey will be a great one.

Someone who is not motivated to do the work.

Toni

Hi, nice to meet you, my name is Toni and I just want to talk to you a little bit about the college life I experienced for a semester. College is very very different from High School because you have to do everything on your own. Of course there are guidance counselors and advisors, but they don't help you as much as high school counselors because they expect you to do everything on your own since you're an adult now. As far as the professors, they could care less about you. If you don't show up to class or do your assignments, that's your loss, not theirs because they've graduated college and recieved their degree. If there's anything that you should take with you to college, it should be FOCUS. If you are focused, then you will be fine. Don't let distractions such as parties and friends get in your way of your education, because you will get left behind. Good luck!

Danielle

I feel that the gym at CCBC Essex Campus is really nice. I enjoy working out, so exercise has become a part of my daily routine. I have attended two other colleges in California, and I did not like there Gym facilities. I love how Essex campus has a large outdoor track and a fairly good sized track indoors as well. I also love how there is an indoor pool. I remember taking swimming at a college in California, and it had an outdoor pool. It was so hard to warm up and start swimming because I would be freezing.

When I first started college, I was afraid of failing and I decided to major in Fashion designing because I was good at art and horrible at science and math. I would love a chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. I would do it all differently if I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school. I would tell myself to not be afraid to pursue my dream of becoming a nurse, and tell myself that it is ok if I am horrible at certain subjects. What matters is what I do to become good at what I am horrible at. I would tell myself that procrastination is merely the fear of failure or uncertainty. Instead of procrastinating, I need to just get it done. If I do it wrong ahead of time, I can go back and make it right! I would tell myself that a positive attitude will help me to succeed at whatever I do. I would tell myself that I do have it in me to succeed and to reach whatever goal I want in life. I would say to never doubt myself!

I am not much of a bragger. When I told my mother about CCBC Essex campus, I basically explained to her that the campus was in a great location because it was walking distance from my home. I was also able to ride metro transportation if needed because the bus station was centrally located near the campus. I remember also explaining that the grades are posted very quickly, which I like very much. I also felt that the coffee sold on campus was delicious and affordable. That is very important to me because I need my coffee in the mornings.

luke

I waited almost a decade to college after high school. I would tell myself to start earlier. I don't rergret the off-time, I just wish there was less of it. Spending time working as a carpenter or backpacking around the country were great experiences that taught me alot but the lessons could have been learned just as well and as thoroughly in half the time. However, I met my fiance during my travels and I wouldn't trade her for any amount of schooling. In the end, I suppose I'm pretty happy with my life, the decisions I made since my senior year of high school, and the results of those decisions, so I probably wouldn't tell my past-self anything; I wouldn't want to inadvertantly change anything about my current life.

I would have liked to know just how easy college can be if you apply yourself. Most people, myself included, believe college to be a difficult endeavor, one that will become increasingly more difficult as more and more time elapses between their last year of high school and their first year of college. This is untrue. If your willing to learn, you can do so at any age.

My school is an excellent starting point, full of dedicated professors teaching small classes.

For my school to be an community college, it sure does give you the feeling of an university campus. It's not too small nor too big, it gives one an opportunity to experience the college life without feeling overwhelmed. I feel it is the perfect jumpstart to help lessen the anxiety of adjusting to an university when I transfer to an in the fall.

If Icould go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd advise myself to be strong, patient, and wise. College work is not difficult, however, being your own motivator is because you have to manage your time to read numerous of chapters every week, no one reminds you regularly when assignments are due, and although teachers are there to help you, you have to be strong enough to push yourself. Also, college is not cheap and with your major, books will likely be at least a hundred plus each so work over the summer and save up; summer is no longer a three month vacation. Once you've settled on campus, get involved in clubs and organizations so that you will feel a sense of self worth as well as gain friendships. You may have neglected social activities and only focused on academics in high school but in college, trust me you will appreciate the comradery of others for they will be your support system and allow you to feel relaxed. I want you to enjoy and take advantage of your college experience, don't stress, you can do it.

If there was an worst thing about my school, I'd have to say it is the small computer lab. There's only 2 on campus in which you can actually print out your work and only 1 of the 2 labs is open to everyone while the other is only open to those in the honor program. When it gets busy in the middle and end of semester when it seems like every teacher has a paper due, trying to get access to an computer on campus is rather difficult.

The Community College of Baltimore County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.