New York, NY
The Juilliard School

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Juilliard School

taima

I believe that Juilliard is a great school however, it is not for everyone. It is a very hard school to get into there is only about a 7% acceptance rate. Also, it is good for a major in music but you can not get a minor in anything else except music because it is a private conservatory college. Now for the people who do get accepted, they love it and would never change it for the world. Juilliard is one of the greatest conservatories to get into and is highly looked at when searching out for a job in the music industry. The only down-side about this college is the tuition and debt that college kids go through to be apart of this family of music

Ivan Enrique

The Juilliard School is absolutely the best college for drama, music and dance in the world. The availability of the professors is amazing, the class sizes are great for optimizing the learning experience and the administration is absolutely welcoming and helpful!

Kelsey

The biggest stereotype may be that the students are competitive machines, which for the most part is untrue. Of course the majority of the student body is competitve with their own selves, but not necessarily with each other.

The academic classes are subpar. It really depends on which teacher you take. Since the classes are all very small in size, the teacher/student relationship becomes rather important.

Allison

The Juilliard school is the place to go if you want to grow as a young artist.

The Juilliard school is the place to go if you want to grow as a young artist.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as I high school senior, I would tell myself to enjoy your senior year more because it will fly by so quickly. During my senior year, I auditioned for alot of schools and I traveled alot. I feel like I was so focused on my auditions that I forgot about enjoying being a senior. Even though all of my auditioning paid off, I didnt really participate in senior activites such as Prep Rally, Grad NIght, and other things. I would tell my senior self to balance work and play during senior year.

Kyle

Dear HIgh School Me, Keep working hard. I know your schedule is rigorous. It may feel like all work and no play, but I promise it will pay off. In college there will be more classes, more rehearsal and more responsibilities. The hard work you are doing now is helping you prepare for college, more than you know. Once you get to college, keep in touch with your family. They are most important. They can and will help you through so much. Things are going to change, a lot, but keep your head on straight. Do not get too caught up in what's "cool", or who's "cool". Try to figure out who are your true friends, and try not to waste too much effort on those who are not. When it comes to your work and responsibilites, be proactive. Procrastination is only temporarily satisfying! Overall, be fearless. You don't know everything. You are going to learn so much. So have an open mind. Remember where home is. Work hard, but have fun. Most importantly, stay true to yourself. -College You (P.s.- get that new phone, you'll love it!)

I truly love the program that The Juilliard School offers me as a dancer. However, the worst thing about my school is probably the way the liberal arts department devides the incoming freshman class into two different levels of academic ability. Some of the students are placed into "Humanities 1", and some are placed into "Writing for Humanities", which is a lower level class. Unfortunately the criteria for placement is never fully explained to the students. The intention of dividing the class is unclear and I feel as though nothing is fully accomplished by doing so.

The most frustrating thing about my freshmen year experience at a performing arts school, was adjusting to the social structure and relationships between the students. Because everyone at The Juilliard School is a developing artist, personalities, intrests and values change a great deal. These changes affect how students interact with one another. Friendships are often shifting. Also, since the student body is so small, everyone knows everyone's "business", gossip and rumors can spread easily. It's vital to realize what is important and what is not.

Troy

The Juilliard school, as a conservatory, is nurturing and provides the best training in the performing arts field in the country, if not the world.

My classmates are smart, fun & talented.

The reputation of attending this school in itself will give me an advantage when I enter the working enviroment. But my training, in the mean time, is second to no other school. I can already see a vast improvement in my dancing, technique, skills and flexibility. I am meeting people in my field who are well known and already established working professionals. The connections I have already made in my first semester of school are just amazing. The longer I am here, the more I will reap the rewards of this fabulous school. I am living a dream come true. It can be very stressful and overwhelming at times but I would not have it any other way.

Kathleen

My classmates are hardworking dedicated individuals who will achieve great things in their desired fields or work.

I would tell myself to get involved more in campus activites and to apply for as many schoarships as possible. Coming into college not knowing anyone was an extremely intimating experience, if I had the chance to start over again I would have gotten involved with student activities from day one, they allow you to meet many incredible people who will help you get through your college experience. Also, I would tell myself to get to know my professors, they hold the keys to so much knowledge and talking to them as individuals outside the classroom has been the smartest decision I have made in college thus far.

How beautiful the UCF campus is and how amazing my professors are.

Heather

Juilliard is the premier school and training institute for a performing artist.

Juilliard is the premier school and training institute for a performing artist.

Hi Heather, I'm here to tell you that I have just finished my first semester at Juilliard and boy do I have a lot to tell you about it! The teachers are amazing and people are so much nicer than all the myths and rumors have you believe. Take note of the ones that are not so "nice". Be prepared for college freshman maturity levels to be all over the place. This is a big issue at a school like Juilliard because of ego's and peoples perception of "talent". Some kids are talented and in the right place. Some are not. Just be yourself, stay true to who you are and stay away from the "haters". Jealousy and petty thoughts and comments are an evil part of a performance institute. Do not let them get you down. Just move forward with conviction and truth and all will be great! Your contribution to the world though your gift to sing is what is most important. The dorm room is small...but hey, it's in Lincoln Center. What other dorm lets you walk out and cross the street to the Metropolitan Opera House. You can manage small! Good luck!

A person that is not prepared for the work ethic necessary to excel as a Juilliard student.

Gabrielle

The college application and audition process is one of the most stressful and time-consuming experiences that you face as a student. The transition to college is terrifying for most students; new friends, choosing a major, a new enviornment...it's scary! If I could have been a voice in my head as a high school senior, I would have shouted, 'RELAX!' One of the most frustrating questions you're asked as a senior is, " What do you want to do with your life?" and I wish someone could've whispered to me, "Relax, it's okay not to know!" College is a great place to figure out what you want to do with your life, what your interests are, and what career you want to pursue. Applying to a conservatory like Juilliard is a bit different, it's a definite commitment to a certain discipline. It's a hard decision to make, and if a month or even a year down the road you discover that that the choice you've made after high school isn't the right one, that's perfectly fine too. Take the time you need to figure out what you really want to do.

The most incredible thing about attending Juilliard is that you are constantly surounded by supportive, talented and driven students. The amount of talent that the students possess, in so many different disciplines, is endless. Dancers can sing and actors play instruments, it's incredible. There are a lot of mutli-disciplinary projects and performances, and it's a really wonderful enviornment because all the students are passionate about what they do and what their peers do. It's great to be surrounded by people who are so dedicated and involved in the careers that they want to pursue.

Though I didn't have this problem being a native New Yorker, the most frustrating experience that many students have is adapting to their enviornment. The Juilliard School does not really have a typical campus, it consists of a dorm building and a school building in the heart of Lincoln Center. I find that many students( there is a large international and out of state population) are overwhelmed by moving to New York City. The school does a lot during orientation and in the beginning weeks of school to help the students adapt and get them familiar with the area.

The Juilliard School administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.