Santa Clarita, CA
The Master's University and Seminary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Master's University and Seminary

Larissa

I love TMC. It's not for everyone, i'll admit, but if you are seeking a school where there is as much of a focus on Christ and Scripture as there is on academics, Master's is the place.

The academics at TMC are so much greater than you would expect from such a small school. Every professor shows a unique care for each student's success.

Very Scripturally sound. Everyone here is super friendly and helpful. Small class sizes. Perfect location - plenty of stores and cheap restaurants nearby.

In the surrounding area, TMC students are held in very high regard - an to a very high standard. TMC students participate a lot in the local community, and many families open their homes to the students.

Very friendly. Majority are hard-fast Christians.

Oftentimes challenging, but in a healthy way. All of the profs teach from a biblical standpoint. Small classes = individualized care.

Evan

The student's at the school aren't very intentional from what I've seen. If you want to slip on by through your years at the college, then the faculty and staff will let you, as long as you don't do something against the school's code of conduct. I think more students should be engaged with campus life, campus events, and students being intentional to reach out to them to make sure their time at the school is a good one.

Have a Mary Poppins mentality! This is what I would advise myself if I were able to talk to my high school self. No, I do not mean "Let's Go Fly a Kite" instead of doing homework. What I mean is stated in the lyrics of the song, "A Spoon Full of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down," when Mary says, "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun." She goes on to encourage the children in her care to find the fun in their work, and it will be done in a snap. I would go back to my senior high school year and tell myself to find the fun, the adventure, the exhilaration that can be found in learning. I focused far too much on the grades, and it made learning a grind, a project to endure, a task to cross off the list. Learning became a chore rather than a joy. Learning should be another avenue of what we enjoy in life.

Some of the decisions the school makes are odd to the point of being frustrating. An example is that the school promised a nursing major for about 4 years to students, even getting some students to attend on the belief that it would be going the following year. Each year they did this until finally they announced the school was no longer pursuing a major for nursing. Many of my friends were hurt, especially financially.

Knowing what I know now about college I would go back and tell the high school version of myself that make sure I pay attention to what is going on. I need to stay focus and not let what everyone else is doing because in the end it will not matter where I was but what I did to get there and how I made it. I would remind myself that I need to decide on a degree and stick with it because no matter what I choose to change it to I went back to the original one which is Special Education. By sticking with the degree I want I can finish faster and not have to waste too much money on classes I do not need. In the end there would not be too much I would warn myself about college because the choices I made has helped me becoming the person I am today. Someone who trust people but not too much because they will let you down when you least expect it.

College life is different from high school. You have more control over what you study and how to study it. Don't let your personal life get in the way of your education and realize the importance of keeping a schedule. Setting a routine may be dull but it's beneficial mentally, physically, and especially academically. Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't be afraid to ask advice from multiple advisors. Exercise your options and get involved in something fun; just to take yourself away from it all. Don't stop developing yourself as a person or keeping looking for an end point. You will continue to grow and to learn for the rest of your life. College is just one big, fantastic step along the way and be very, very grateful you have the opportunity to attend it. Don't lose sight of the big picture, but also don't look at the big picture so much that you miss all the things happening inside it. Oh, and don't be so hard on yourself. You are the only thing stopping yourself from achieving greatness and you're in control.

ikehanani

If I could possibly return to My High School Senior Year , I would start off with the First day School . I would take in consideration of the limited of time I actually had and self discipline myself to keep focused in School and to let go of the "Cool Kid" Mentality I once had . Times were Rough back then and Communication was a downfall in My home . I would first work out My communication problem with My parents in Hope that things could possibly progress more sufficiently in ways that can be beneficial to My academic matters . I would buckle down on studying more oftenly and lean myself towards the beauty of what Education is truly like and what it can do for myself and for others . I would decrease my time with friends and put that effort into homework , studying and family . I messed up earlier in My high school years but , If there was a possible way of transitioning back to those days , I would correct my mistakes and MAYBE I could have Graduated High School in CALIFORNIA and not Hawai'i . I would've pushed myself to do make myself & my family proud .

Lynley

When you leave your sheltered hometown and find yourself at your new school away from your parents, please don't decide it is time to start the party. Buckle down, focus for 4-6 more years, finish your degree, and then take your time to party. Your actions caused you to lose a $20,000 scholarship that would have paid for those 4 years of school. Now, almost 20 years later, present me is wanting to send a foot back in time to kick your bottom for being so stupid. Once you finally get your head out of the clouds and realize what you threw away, you will regret your actions for years and years. I am 35 years old and I had the world handed to me on a silver platter and I scoffed at it. Thought I didn't need it. Well, past Lynley, you do.

Kyrsten

It is phenomenal; The college is very welcoming, challenging, caring, and has the potential to be life changing.

High school feels so long ago -even though I am 19. I graduated at 16, even though I wasn't thrilled. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself, a lot of things. For instance, I would tell myself that even though I don't like the idea of going to college that early it'll be good because I never would have the friends I do now, that I should reach out to those around me and love them, that school is going to be hard but I still need to perservere, and that I need to take time to hang out with people. During, my time at community college, all I did was school. But, then my second year at Master's I realized I could take time out of my school and breathe. I hung out with people, sometimes; but even then most of my time was spend studying, writing papers, and doing my work study job. I was very concerned that if my grades dropped I wouldn't be able to go back to school, or pay off my loans. But, spending time with people makes school so much better. Its worth it.

I do not think that people should go to the Master's College, if they are not willing to do any of the homework. Without scholarships and grants it is an expensive school. Furthermore, I love that the Master's College puts God's Word first and foremost; but I don't think atheists would.

They are best known for their small community like atmosphere and very sound teaching from the Bible.

A wonderful school that pushes you to do your best and grow more in your walk with the Lord.

Jordan

It is not going to be easy. It might sound like a blast but that feeling won't last for long. Once you are there, get involved. Sports, intermurals, small groups, anything you can think of because it will put off that feeling of homesickness. Don't just hang around the first person you meet. She's a real pain in the but and will just make you angry. Don't worry though, she doesn't last long. Don't stress about student loans, you will be able to pay for them later, but worrying about it now won't help anyone. DO NOT drive like a crazy person when you play Cops & Robbers.... you will help yourself a lot by not causeing brake problems! The caf food... is not as good as it was when you visited, be warned. Write to people, it makes them feel good and it feels awesome when you get something in the mail back from them. Its ok not to be able to do things. Don't go spend a ton of money on pointless stuff. Skip the starbucks if you need too. 10 meals a week is enough!

A person who is dedicated to their Faith in God. One who strives to grow in their relationship with God and who wants to worship Him in everyting they do. One who is not tied down by drugs, alcohol, and sex. One who wants to be a blessing to others during their time on campus. One who is willing to learn and be mentored by teachers who love and care about you.

Some of the people here are really difficult. Some are very legalistic and don't even realize how rude they are. That is just a few people however, making them easy to avoid.

The Master's University and Seminary administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.