San Jose, CA
The National Hispanic University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The National Hispanic University

NHU is unique because it has online BA and MBA programs. It is also unique because all classes have a focus on Latino Heritag...

NHU is unique because it has online BA and MBA programs. It is also unique because all classes have a focus on Latino Heritage.

I would tell myself to keep a 4.0 because of all the opportunities given to students with good grades. I would also tell myself to start applying for scholarships and to think long and hard about what my career choice would be so that I would not change it halfway through. I would also tell myself to stay single.

I would consider the prices to be the worst part about NHU. It is expensive to attend without financial assistance.

viet

The classmates in this school is very friendly as I expect before I decide.

The classmates in this school is very friendly as I expect before I decide.

Going to college is one of the most important factor in my life for three reasons: to learn for what I do not know yet, to live with other people in group, and to move to the bright future. First, going to college for learning what I have not known yet. I have learned a lot in High School such math, essay, language...However, I just learned with general concepts. In college, I have learned in details and practiced with skills which can become my career. For example, I learn about marketing, business, and entrepreneurship...Therefore, after graduating, I can open my own small business or I can help others with business dealing. Second, in college I learn with other classmates which help me work together to other people. For example, I have done projects together and we discuss, argue, and make decision in order to make our projects better. Third, in college I learn knowledge and skill which gives me confident for my future with career and for next levle. For example, after graduate I go for MBA program. In conlusion, going to college is important for my life because of learning, working, and moving in the bright future.

Small classes which help me focus for studying. Great professors offer experiences to students. Financial aid will help while I am in school.

Fabiola

In all honesty, I know that my school is not that well known. When I come across those few people that have heard of it they recognize it for its smal size and strong latino population.

What I found most enticing about attending The National Hispanic University is found in the title. After attending small Catholic schools with no real ethnic diversity I wanted to experience something completely different; a school where I would feel like I fit in. So far I can definitely see the difference, it feels like a family versus simply an institution. Also, this particular school is one of the only ones in Northern California to have the Translation and Interpretation program that I was searching for.

There are two things that stand out, like bright neon flashing lights, in my mind about college advice. The first piece of advice relates to selection of the right school. I would tell myself to visit any school I was interested in. Just because something seems perfect on paper does not mean it is in real life. You want to visit a school to see whether you feel comfortable with the campus, the class sizes, the student population and the overall atmosphere. Also, while at the school you have the opportunity to talk to teachers, students, and other staff to see what the school is really like. My second piece of information would be in regards to financing my education. I would tell myself to search through every possible outlet for scholarships and grants. I would express the importance of seeking out the help of other as well, such as school counselors and financial aid advisors. More than anything apply for as many scholarships as you can because every little bit helps!

Keely

Conviction in your own abilities & well-intended dedication may serve as foolish decisions when gambling with your future. Hubris on top of circumstance will bring about a downfall burdensome to recover from. When given the generous option to take time off & eradicate the academic blemish resulting from cumulated tragedies, have the humility to accept rather than arbitrarily dismissing it on account of being able to later retake those courses; an unforeseen epidemic will be avoided. Be wary, the parasites will take a psychologically maddening toll until despondence sets in & you will listlessly acknowledge their hollow victory, still yet waiting, expecting & crying out in terror. Learn to be more selfish in respect to your time. Compassion & empathy, while noble, impede significantly upon your limited time that permits little room for excess. Don’t eliminate either of those attributes; you’d find it a betrayal of yourself. Always grow to appreciate the mistakes, including the new ones in the altered reality I cannot prepare you with how to handle – you’re stronger for each devastation and moment of weakness. I take both solace and pride in knowing the collective of my past is responsible for who I am.

Evin

The best advise i would give myself is to get finacial aid early. and get as much as you can. i did not do that and in turn had to take a 3 year break from school to get finacally on my feet.

i wish i would have known a little more of the student body. i came in as a transfer student so it has been a little slow inmeeting new people.

The most frustrating thing about going to school is the expenses. the hardest part i have had has been comming up with the finacial suport for school. not just paying for classes but the books and supplies that o along with that.

James

If I could go back in time to talk to myself, i would tell myself how hard the last sixteen years has been without a collage education. The auto repair industy will take a nose dive and it will be hard to find a job and even harder to make a living, especially with the two kids I will have in the near future. I would also say that just because I decided to slack off in high school didnt mean it was to late to start fresh in collage. I could do everything I was interested at the time for fun but it was time to get my priorities in order, just like mom said it was! Graduating in four to six years may sound like a long time from now when you (we) are in your (our) mid-twenties but it would have been better for me (us) then in my (our) earlier forties! But one way or another I (we) are going to make it happen, no matter what!

elizabeth

Oh if I could only go back... I would tell my younger self to follow my heart and do what makes me happy instead of trying to please everyone else. When you major in something that you don't want to do you never really give it your best effort, and if by dumb luck you do succeed, more then likely you're not going ot be happy following someone else's dreams. Instead of assuming that a certian degree/profession is unattainable to you take chances, ask questions and trust in yourself. You're smarter then what you give yourself credit for. And if you get lost along the way don't be to proud to ask for help. College's have resources available to each and every student, and if you never ask for help no one will know you need it. Good luck, I'll be seeing you soon!

Krysta

My biggest mistake was waiting until the last minute and not applying for many schools. My advice to any one would be to start early in order to give yourself enough time to choose the school that best fits you and in order to give the school enough time to process your application. I did not believe any one when they told me that it was a long hard process and now i most definatly do. Therefore taking your time and taking all of the steps necessary to succeed would be the advice I would give myself and any one else who needed further advice on the process of getting into college.

Sharlisa

As a returning older student, if I could go back to school and talk to myself I would say, wait before you have children. I love all six of my daughter, but it put a huge buried on my educational goals and finances. I wouls tell my self go straight to college. Do not give up. It is only four years but those four yours will change your life forever. I would also tell myself, I have an obligation and a comentment to future generations to place myself is the best possible ways to better succeed in life. Knowledge and education is the key to a productive life. The things we do in life often have measurable results, but the extent of their impact is often difficult to foresee. Stay in school and remember what your goals are. That is the advice I would love to give myself if I could go back in time. More importantly it is the advice I give my six daughters as a single loe income parent.

I would say my Spanish class. I think I am a very avid, focused student. My spanish 1 class truly tested me. I received a C. I am going to retake it and get an A. I know I can do it. I just need to find a way to pay for my last to yours. That is anotheer thing that frustrated me about the school. I did not find out until the last minute that I had exhausted all of my funs.

THe Classmates at NHU are open minded, friendly and have a great willingnes to learn. They have no problems offering help if it is needed. NHU is like a second family and I am honored to be a part of this University. One of the main things I love about the school is the cultural awareness they provide for every culture. I have learned so much and have an even greated love for the world we live in.

I will be starting college in August. I was fortunate enough to have enough money to pay for my first semester. I am very passionate about school work. I want to work a lot harder in college than I did in high school. I would like to push mself to get my degree and gratuate with honors. I have always dreamed about becoming a nurse or something in the medical field. I know that now more than ever, going to college is the only way that can happen. I value every part of the road to reaching my dream of being a nurse., including college. I think that it is important for everyone to go to college, despite the falling economy. I believe that now is the time to go to college because once the economy starts to look up again, we will be the ones with an education and we will be the ones being hired.

The National Hispanic University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.