New York, NY
The New School

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The New School

Leonardo

I gained the ability to be independent in the world. I have used my previous artistic abilities in the world of design and architecture. The college experience is paramount to prove i have what it takes to persue a career in architecture and design.

One of the best designs schools, in the best city in the world.

Caroline

What I have found most interesting studying at The New School is that there is no real campus because New York City is the campus, individualized attention with 20 students or less, no competitive sports or mascots, and the ability to motivate its students for social change. They truly not only want their students to become professionals in their fields but activists in the world we wil in today. I love that they support the growing awareness of change.

The way in which I live, based upon my educational experiences, has and still affects/supports the person that I am today. I strive not onl y to be an expert in my field but implement my research and knowledege with the real world.

A person who should not par take in The New School is someone who wants a traditional college. Thus this includes, a campus, sports teams, sororities/faternatities, and large seminar classes. Also, The New School does not enforce a general ed ciriculum and therefore someone who wants a strictly based major or education should not apply.

Susan

Higher learning for the artistic intelligent and curious mind, this school has a flexible and creative approach to education.

I am gaining valuable skills as a writer and artist that I did not have before and the confidence to go out and do well in the world. It is also a valuable experience for personal growth, that might mean even more than the books read and facts memorized. It is a tme like no other, where there is a community, that I am part of, lifting me up and showing me new possiblities that I may not have ever found on my own. I am learning both about the inner and outer world and how I can contribute to it. I was stuck in my life and didn't know what to do. This experience is setting me off in new directions and I feel I am gaining the experience to make my life a bigger success. Without it, there was always something missing. Being in college now, I relish the exhileration of learning, the pride in doing well, and I can find appreciation where I took no notice previously. It is changing my life forever and I am grateful.

If you appreciate small classes and a creative approach to learning and have a degree of self motivation, this school is for you.

Gizel

My school is very liberal and aims for critical-thinkers.

My school is very liberal and aims for critical-thinkers.

When I first went to college, during my freshman year, I was a really shy and quiet girl. I felt out of place because I was in a school where there was not a lot of Latinos or African American students. I did not have anyone related to me and my experiences so I really decided to keep everything to myself. English is not my first language and many of my classmates didn't understand why I was attending a predominantly white school. During that first year of college, I was almost invisible and almost considered dropping out of school. But all this changed after I met my academic advisor, Kim Foote, who really helped me integrate to extracurricular activities such as foreign language and salsa class. She also introduced me to the field of Education Studies and I immediately fell in love with this major. I had a strong connection with teachers and even students in this field. It was in this field that I opened myself and started to participate and express my opinion. Exploring the social sciences that the New School offers is an amazing experience and is worth attending.

Olivia

The New School is an eclectic conglomeration of philosophy's, individules, and buildings encompassing Manhattans East and West Village.

They are an inquisitive and enthusiastic group who I love learning with, getting to know, many of whom have become my friends.

Moving from Los Angeles to New York City to attend college has always been my dream and I am living it! It has only been a couple of months into my first semester but feels like a lifetime of experiences. I really love my classes, the professors are so enthusiastic about the subjects that they teach. I am involved, engaged and excited to wake up, walk to school through the village in New York City, and feel the energy all around. I value this experience more than any other in my entire life. I worked very hard in high school to graduate in the top of my class so that I could attend a prestiges college that would allow me to learn new concepts that had never crossed my mind before. This experience only happens once in a lifetime and I am so grateful to be at the beginning of an amzing journey.

tonisha

I have learned so much out of my college experience. I've became wiser, stronger, and responsible. Attending college is very important to me because I was always taught knowlegde was power and the key to success. I love to learn new things no matter how great of a challenge it may be, and I know that as long as I attend college then I know I will continuely grow as a better and smarter person.

Garrett

The main idea that I have gotten out of my college experience is that life is going to throw you curve balls, but the point of life is to change your stance to be able to hit those curve balls out of the park. Last year I had to take a semester off due to severe illness, I managed to get Swine Flu, then Pnemonia, then mononucleosis all within a 4 month time frame. This taught me a lot about life. I had a whole semester to think about life and think about my choices and whether they were going to benefit me in the long run, not just the short. I was literally bed ridden for months while my friends continued their free lifestyle. In result of this, at the time, tragedy, I learned that although live throws you punches, you have to get through it and keep you eyes on the mean idea. Look at things holistically and not worry about the small stuff, because everyone has a reason or purpose in life, and mine is to be succesful, and no sickness or hopsital bill is every going to bring me down.

I wish I fully realized that this school would be the perfect place for me and my writing. I'm going to have to be honest, I applied to this school because I wanted to escape the hierarchy of suburbia in my hometown right outside of D.C. Now i find myself here, paying $54,000/year to do what I love.. Should money prevent me from doing what I love? The inadequate help from financial aid is useless, and in result the threat of having to move back home is eminent and I will not let that happen.

Let me tell you about the student population of The New School: hipters line the halls in an unnumerable and unnecessary way. With their ideological thinking and tight skinny jeans, they are taking over the school. The school, however, is a liberal art school in New York, however the definition of The New School should not have the word "hipster" embedded in it, which it currently does. I am what you would call "normal" amongst said hipsters. Although I think psyiologically, I dont act psyiologically, which is what hipsters strive to do.

Keena

My college experience has taught me a lot about myself. Of course, I have learned about public speaking, American literature, and stuff like why bugs have the ability to turn colors; however, college has been the greatest journey of my life so far. I know that if anything happens in my life that I am a strong person and I will always be able to lean on myself in times of struggle. College has been valuable to attend because it's fun and life is fun. Learning new things is exciting to me no matter how hard I work for it and I know at the end of the day that all this hard work i put into school will be totally worth it!

Halston

I am a transfer student coming from a less-prestigious college, and going into one of New York's finest insitiutions. I am seeking out a more classical education to ensure my place in society. I took a 5 year break since my last college experience to work in the photography industry. If I have learned anything from working in a glamorous industry, is that education couquers all. will be studying under some of the greatest minds the city has to offer, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity. It is very humbling to return to school, and I have had more than a few lessons in humility in the last 5 years. I know that I will be a better and more focused student, and will make fewer mistakes due to my life experience.

The whole cite of New York is your institution. You have so much at your fingertips, and so much that can compliment your education.

The New School administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.