New York, NY
The New School

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The New School

Jodi

This school is best known for their designs in almost every field. This particular school is separated into 6 different fields such as Jazz, Design, Social Research, Liberal Arts, etc. There is a mixture of design and artistry within every major which shows that the school is very innovative and original with their systems. Furthermore, there was a development of a new system in the university for energy-saving purposes, as well as environmental friendly systems inside the new university center. Activism and knowledge is also a combined system that is used to make effective change in our society.

I am currently majoring in business administration and within this field there are loads of workshops and interactive experience we must learn from; they require loads of dicipline as well. I wish I had known the experience of this community; however this how I learn to be a part of it. Coming from California to New York, its new from what I'm used to and its quite hard to adapt. We are never prepared of what is going to come up next in any situation; therefore, I wish I had known that adaptablity is crucial in any given situation.

Marissa

I applied George Washington University and was accepted. I decided to attend because it was the most prestigous school that I had applied to. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that the most important thing about a University is not its ranking. There are a whole host of other factors that are important. I ended up transferring from GW because it wasn't exactly the right fit for me. I had a pretty unconventional undergraduate experience after that. I went to Costa Rica and studied there, learned spanish and volunteered. I finished my undergraduate education at the New School because it was a good fit for me at that time. The New school was more accomodating to my needs which greatly augmented my learning experience. I am very grateful for the opportunites the New School afforded me. Choosing a school is not just about prestige. It is a very personal decision and therefore should be narrowly tailored to your needs and wants. I feel this is valuable advice for any high school student beacuse at the end of the day, its what you think about the school -not what others think of it.

Erik

They are known for their art school. That is why I am going. They are located in the middle of NYC which provides a rich environment for any student. Their fashion design program is one of the best in the world.

As a graduating senior I was sheltered and I held back so much of myself. I was easy influenced by the outside world and allowed others to tell me how I should live. If I could go back and talk to myself I would tell myself not to hold back and to not be afraid. It took me years to realize this and I wasted so much time and energy trying to conform to social norms and expectations. I was afraid to be myself and to go after what I wanted for my life. The person I am now is completely different from that high school senior who thought he had life figured out. I would tell myself to throw all rules and expectations out, and to live life to fullest.

The expensive is so frustrating. It is a very expensive school and trying to find ways to pay for it is a very difficult and trying process.

Madelyn

The New School is bursting at the seams with innovative minds, creative ideas, and passionate students.

The New School focuses on expanding one's ideas and concepts of design as compared to other schools which focus solely on technical skills. At the end of the day, most anyone can learn how to use a sewing machine. However, it is what one makes that sets one designer apart from the other.

Madelyn, Walking into the classroom on your first day of school will be one of the most intimidating experiences of your life. You will worry about making friends and be mortified you might make a fool of yourself in front of your classmates. As the first project comes to a start, so do the comparisons in your head, causing your self-esteem to plummet. You will wonder how you got accepted into this school and believe your work and talents are insignificant. My advice to you: remember what you are here for. You have come to learn and become a stronger artist. You have come to pursue your passion for design and fashion. You are only holding yourself back by belittling your work. If you truly yearn to get the most out of your studies and advance your design skills, have confidence in who you are and what you create. Everyone's work is unique to his or her own persona, but that does not make one person better than the next. Embrace your inner character and channel that into what you do. Otherwise you will never discover the full potential Madelyn has to offer.

Katie

Liberal, creative, and artistic academics.

Liberal, creative, and artistic academics.

As a high school senior my life concerns were centered on being accepted by others, physical appearance, and maintaining a popular social status. I completely lacked academic drive, was selfish and superficial, and seemed to always be in a hurry to get nowhere in particular. My high school senior self could have really used this advice, but learing it first hand is what life is about...Keep in mind that the world is much larger than just you. Stay updated with what's happening around the world; this will be a good reminder of how good you've got it. Make sure to tell the ones you love how important they are to you, and do your best to let go of the people that try to bring you down. You won't be the best at everything, and that's ok, just always give your best effort and work hard because it will mean so much more in the end. Ultimately, we are the choices we make, so try to make good ones that will keep you healthy and happy. Above all, find happiness within yourself, because no person, job, or amount of money will give it to you.

Tyler

(sighs) Tyler, you should probably focus more on your math class, cause math is one of those things you always struggled on. Also Tyler, make sure you listen to what you wanted to do and spend alot of free time making short films while still keeping up with you're relationship with jesus. Also, talk to your parenst about not having us switch churches after dad retires as a youth minister, although Lakeview Church of Christ is a stronger and has better lessons, the move away from Olympia Church of underclassmen at school look up to you and you should show them how great life can be when you have god in your life. Also, the play you wrote, "Cedar Park Hostage Situation", do something with it, it was a very strong and very heartfelt while at the same time painfully funny, so please get the school to perform it at state, you worked really hard and have directed a self written play every year at state, one more will keep your record going. That's almost all i have to say, just remember to be respectful of mom and keep a good christian relationship with everyone around you. Bye.

Olivia

My classmates are the most cultured, authentic, and nurturing and accepting people in New York City.

Dear High School Me, If I could give you any advice it would be to never forget who you are, and the power you possess to be something great in this world. You are the master of your destiny, and no high school issue will be permanent enough to change your destiny, but rather shape it. You radiate with inner and outer beauty, strength, compassion and intelligence, and you have the ability to bring all of these to the world, and you can and WILL. Do not let any highschool drama, a seemingly difficult class, a bully, or even a bad day distrct you from the ultimate vision: being a good person and a successful one. Transitions in your life have never been easy, from elemantary to middle school, to high school, and the transition to college or even to a change of scenery won't be an easy one, but that's the point. Nothing is supposed to be easy, you need to work hard to break down the challenges in life and conquer them, and if you keep a clear mind and take the chance to breathe, you will. Work hard and be nice. You are loved.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the price of living on campus.

Cee

Stop thinking your dreams are stupid and unachievable. You are an artist through and through; it's in your blood. Don't settle for studying something because it's easy. If it's easy, you won't be happy. Don't let the people that don't understand you hold you back or make you feel like you have something to prove them. Never compromise your self-esteem, your integrity, or your sense of well-being. Always do what is right for you, and if you need help seeing what is right, you have the right friends by your side to se you through it all. Rely on them. Lastly, have fun. You spend way too much time worrying about things and people you have no control of. Let down your guard, and feel free. Find your inspirations, and let them guide you.

The best thing about The New School is freedom. I'm able to create my own degree program if I so choose. I am responsible for what I learn and how. My professors respect me, my work, and will work with me in bettering myself and achieving my goals.

If you're not particularly liberal-minded, this wouldn't be the best place for you. It's also and incredibly "Artsy" place, so if you want to study something technical, science-oriented, or math-related, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

jonathan

As a college freshman, you will be required to meet certain obligations, such as, writing papers and essays, taking exams and reading course materials. Meeting these obligations is certainly important for your career, but to be a successful student, this is not enough. You must learn from life, and learn from professional experiences. All of those experiences outside of the academia enviroment will enrich your mind and help you develop a unique perspective on what is covered inside of the classroom. Otherwise you will end up learning the material, but not learning how to apply it to life.

The New School administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.