The New School

« See more reviews of The New School

A person who knows what they do and is more than willing and able to stay up all night, and work harder than they had ever imagined they could in order to get to that place is the only type of person who would be able to gradute from Parsons. There is an immense amount of people who do not realise this and either fail or drop out when they realize they true amount of dedication and persistance is needed in order to succeed in the program.

People who are self-directed, who know how to seek out opportunities and seize them. People who are comfortable putting themselves out there to make friends, and who want to get to know their students, to talk a lot in class discussions, who do their reading homework because most classes are discussion based. People who can step up to the challenge of living in a crazy city environment, and who know how to ask for help when they need it.

Someone who is envirnmentally aware, open minded, and generally a hard worker. The New School is for city dwellers... People who aren't into living in one of the busiest cities in the world should NOT concider applying. Yes, it's very overwhelming, but also amazingly rewarding and the opportunities that are right outside your doorstep cannot be found anywhere else on earth.

The New School is best suited for a person headed in to most artistic fields; a person who is interested in abstract, creative and innovative thinking and learning. If someone is looking to further their understanding of this world, New School is probably for them.

The type of person that should attend this school is a person who is motivated and able to apply logical thinking to the classes they participate in.

Driven, strong, emphatic, hard-working, and willing to sacrifice some social aspects of a college student's life to do the work.

Someone who is independent in their studies and does not need a community to make themselves feel comfortable or successful.

Someone who is willing to work hard. Partying should not be your main focus.

artistic activist scholar who is very driven to construct thier own studies.

An artistic creative smart and analytical person should attend this school.