Troy, NY
The Sage Colleges

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Sage Colleges

coral

I had to drop out of school 10 years ago due to a illness. Since I have been back I have applied myself to my studies and am learning the skills I need to be successful in college. It has been a great experience. This time around, I am in school because I want to learn and to become an asset to the world. I have met some very nice people and my teachers have been very helpful. I am so excited to be back in college. I hope that I can continue and get my bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education.

Carly

Russell Sage is best known for being a women's college. Students have the opportunity to focus on women's issues, learn to find their voice, and get a first rate education. There are many fields to choose from, including nursing, physical therapy, musical theater and education. The college also has many fun traditions to be involved with. The college is located minutes from Albany, the state capital and just a few hours from NYC.

Russell Sage shaped who I am today. My professors cared for me and took the time to invest in my future. I learned how to think, read, write and speak critically. I learned about issues that mattered to me and how to actively engage with my world. My education prepared me for the rest of my life with the necessary skills to succeed (and despite the poor economy, I do have a great job!). I also developed friendships that will last a lifetime. The bonds that I have with my classmates are amazing and were only developed because of the environment that Russell Sage created. I am, without a doubt, the person I am today because of Russell Sage College. Attending this amazing institution gave me the courage to become a woman of influence, break the glass ceiling and live phenomenally. I am ever so grateful for every person who gave their time, energy, passion and knowledge so that I could have the experience I did.

This school is perfect for any woman who wants a great education in a small school. Russell Sage is the most amazing place and every woman who attends will receive a quality education and find a home.

amanda

I have learned that education should be vauled, and shared with everyone. However, not everyone is able to attend college or an alternative education after high school and those of us that can and do should use our knowledge to share with the rest of our community. Without education our next generation will not be able to advance and more forward as a people. My college experience has been eye opening to many different walks of life and idea thoughts that without i may have never known were all around me. Its given me the urge to continue to further my education for as long as I can afford it.

Grace

I would go back and tell myself to start off at my local community college. It is so difficult to know exactly what you want to do and after changing my major I wish I would've originally gone to an institution lower in cost before accumulating debt and student loans for a program I am no longer in. I would tell myself that no matter how smart you are you can still obtain a 4 year degree after completing a 2 year degree program. I would also tell myself that it's ok to stay in and study for although you may have missed a party, missing an exam is a much bigger price. I would tell myself to trust yourself and actually do the homework no matter how much you think you know the material. Overall though I would stress the importance of using all your resources such as labs on campus, professor office hours, and online resources in the student library. I would tell myself to sleep more, eat better, and procrastinate less. I would make myself promise to not doubt or fear asking a question some may think to be dumb. Smile, laugh, live, and LEARN!!!!

An ambitious woman hoping to make a difference in the world. Someone who likes the feel of a personal education in that the professors know you and you them. Everyone is caring and since it is a smaller community, you are able to make close bonds with others. You have to want to do the work and be willing to stand up and be a leader here.

The fact that it is an all girls school and there are a lot of feminists. Another frustrating thing is financial aid. It seems as though you can not attend a private instiution unless you are from a wealthy family. I have to work full time while attending the school full time in order to squeak by and even earn any credits.

Leah

My school is very small but there is always something to do. I love the atmosphere of the campus and the teachers really do want to help you succeed. I have met so many great people here and it is so much easier without the competition of boys in classes. It is a great college to further my academic education.

My school is best known for its academic performance amongst its students and how excellent the teaching staff is. It is also known for its variety of classes to chooses from. I am a "women of influence" and that is the motto of the school. It lives up to its motto and so does everyone involved.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the main advice that I would give myself is to study and to make sure that you have an effective studying technique in order to do well in class. When I was in high school I never had to study in order to pass my classes but now that I am in college I find it difficult to do just that. Even though I studied hard my first semester for every test and quiz and studied out of the books my grades were still not what I wanted them to be. I realized that I needed to have an effective studying technique that would make me retain the information because in high school I never learned how to study. I now make flash cards or highlight the most important things to study and focus less on the whole chapter but I am still trying nto figure out a better studying technique. Studying is so important in college so I wish I had known that in high school.

Janna

Russell Sage College has changed my life... I always struggled in school and put my all into all my academics but there was still something holding me back always. Until my Anatomy and Physiology professor took the initive to get me the help I needed. This fall i was diagnosed with a learning disability and I am looking forward to a strong future with a huge support system from student services to the classroom. I now know that nothing can bring me down and would not change that experience. Not matter what struggles you have Sage is worth it.

Janna, No matter what is going on in your life and how much you feel like giving up it's more than important to keep going it's essential I was able to make it to college and its a whole new world. Struggling with academics is not easy but you will find the techniques that will work for you and you will gain an amazing support system. I never imagined I would end up at Russell Sage college being that I was at two other colleges but the one thing I would tell you from experience is that if there is a college that you have an interest in then go. No matter how many people tell you not to. do it. it changed my life. and what your passionate about major in it. if people tell you not to. do it. I feel like I wasted my time in other classrooms before this but I would not change it for the world. If there is something that you are not passionate about from friends to work to self image change it. Most importanly always challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone. It is very fufilling :)

The main thing I brag about is it fun school work I get. What I am learning about takes me beyond my major it is life experiences that I will take with my forever. It makes it so easy to learn :)

Katelyn

I would tell myself: "It is going to be a lot of work that you are not expecting. College is going to require a lot more time and effort that you didn't use in High School. The experience is going to make you a better person; a more well-rounded knowledgable human being, but in order to achieve this you must work very hard, putting forth your highest efforts into everything you do. Don't ever judge anyone and accept everyones opinions because everyone has that right. Don't overthink things. Make sure you get a lot of rest. As hard as it is sometimes, try to never skip a class, you miss one day in college, it's like three weeks in High School. Pay attention to every word your professors say. Leave enough time for both homework and you time, whether it be friends or just for yourself alone. Whenever you're feeling stressed, don't hesitate to ask for help, from God or from a professional. And make sure you always ask questions if you don't understand. Be kind to everyone and give or offer help whenever needed. Love everyone and be a strong woman."

Russell Sage is like a family and a home away from home. The school is smaller which allows for more close knit interactions with professors and more opportunities to make friends and join clubs.

Someone who is not ready and determined to succeed and become an upstanding member of society, or who cannot handle a perhaps more intense work load.

Russell Sage College is best known for giving women confidence. Since we are an all-women's college, we specialize in promoting women in general. We offer an excellent program which I am in, a 3+3 program into Sage Graduate School for the physical therapy program. They also offer an outstanding education program, along with a well-known nursing.

Even though we are located in Troy, NY, are campus is full of beautiful Victorian houses as dorms. Also the fact that it is an all-women's college promotes women in everything we do. But don't get me wrong, just because it is a single-sex college doesn't mean we are sexist. We have a great staff consisting of equal amounts of men and women. We have a lot of opportuinites to suggest an idea and completely go through with it, which I think, is a real way of obtaining knowledge.

There is much more than life than homework and education. The most important thing in your life is simply that-YOUR LIFE! Everything you do has to come from the heart. If you're not sure if you will like the class, or interested in that club, try it with a wandering eye. Now is the time to form yourself and become your own person. Do things for yourself and yourself only. If you live life like that, you will naturally work harder and learn more. And hey, isn't that the main goal of education? The facts you learn in class are bound to change, but you will be taught how to look at a new situation and know what to do. College should be undefined by a dictionary, but defined by each individual who goes through that journey, as it prevails something different for each and everyone of us.

Allison

Not going to lie, I skipped my senior year. Stop gossiping. Really all your high school drama is so overrated. NO ONE CARES.

It's small. Almost like a sorority, but less greek-like

Katherine

Russell Sage is a tight-knit community that allows women to experience and grow in leadership positions. Being an all-women's institution, Russell Sage deffinately stands out from other schools. It is small, with class sizes averaging 12 to 15, and offers a variety of majors and programs. The community-like setting allows each student to stand and achieve with support and encouragement from her surroundings. Academic advisors and professors are also available 24/7, which aids in each student's success.

To find the right college, the student must be dedicated to visiting many college campuses and seriously consider their desires in regards to an undergraduate institution and education. There are many factors to consider, such as size, location, quality, and programs. After selecting one's "perfect choice," studying and taking chances will help make the most of the college experience. Studying will ensure succes in one's education, while taking chances such as running for class president will open opportunities for personal growth. Giving other students of all backgrounds a chance will also open one's mind to diversity and cultures. This will also ensure a fun social life, as it allows for friendships to develop. Overrall, to make the most of one's college experience, one must be dedicated to their studies, be open to diversity, and most of all, have courage to experience the unknown.

Someone who does not want a small school with professors who will call your cell phone if you miss class. A student who does not want to make life-long friendships and be networked with a Sage community since 1916.

The Sage Colleges administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.