The University of Alabama Top Questions

The best thing about The University of Alabama is thriving and learning in campus environment with opportunites galore to foster a well-balanced, well-versed graduate. The diverse web of academic support including Instructors, tutors, study groups, library, lab, and online class options is there to guide the students with a passion to succeed into making outstanding grades. On the flip side, Bama is in a cool college town where students have limitless options for entertainment and fun. And at the end of that four-year journey of discovery, there will be valuable lessons learned on both sides.

I love the school spirit on this campus. Students and faculty alike are excited to be a part of UA.

Randall

The entire atmosphere is amazing at The University of Alabama. The campus is beautiful, from all the flowers, birds, squirrels and the wonders of nature. Walking to class is comforting, because everyone seems very friendly. My teachers have all been very willing to talk to me and answer any questions I have ever had thus far. They have very many students to keep track of, but actually going to them for guidance is your choice. Overall, I have been very pleased with the entire college experience given to me to this point.

The best thing about this school is the pride that the students take in attending the University. They are prideful in many ways and in many different aspects of student life. Athletics are a big deal at Alabama, we are in a winning streak with many sports and it seems to be bringing people together as a student community. Students also take pride in their ability to obtain a job after graduation and our strong connection with our alumni.

Dionne

Football spirit. I'm a sports fan so school spirit is so much fun!

Latasha

The spirit and pride that my school displays is unlike any other!

The campus is beautiful and there's always something fun to do. It is a football school with southern traditions but there is something for everyone. Alabama feels like home to me. So many students, but we are all so close. I couldn't have made a better decision.

Karissa

Our football team has won fourteen national championships. Football season is a fun time where high-spirited fans get together to have fun and share their common interests. Southerners are very nice, and we know how to have a good time together without judging.

It's spirit, community, social life, greek life, and competitive nature.

SGracie

Something that is unique about UA campus is the "Quad". Here everybody loves to just lie in the grass and read books while people on the side of the quad just have a good time playing football or throwing the freesbie.

We have the quad where we tailgate on before games, as well as the famous Denny Chimes which lights up at night. It has a cute southern feel and is very well kept. It has a lot of personality with all of the huge fraternity houses and sorority row, with the large white columns it adds a homey feel.

The best thing about the University of Alabama is the pride. There is a strong comradery between those who attend the school. High expectations are the only acceptable standard at the university as everyone strives to be better. The university is ranked as one of the top public schools in the nation; and there are plenty of reasons to support that fact. Our academics are very strong, UAPD and the Tuscaloosa Police keep campus safe, and best of all, we have a spectacular campus. I'm proud to attend The University of Alabama and I've made the right schoice.

Quinton

The academic challenges that are present here have puushed me to become a more effective student and an even more productive memeber of society. Another thing that the college has to offer is multiple opportunities to choose from and to participate in.

Rutland

The UA has made a very large university a small university. Alabama has nearly 30K students but I do not feel like a number. UA offers progrms such as the Blount Initiative, the Honors College, the Fellow's Experience, and other programs and colleges to give a new student the ability to find like-minded people to help with networking, studying, and socializing. UA offers a large university with a small college feel.

sherrelle

school spirit

NeKisha

The best thing about my school is the size and student population. There are so many people and organizations on campus that it is hard to nnot find some kind of activity to participate in. There next, best thing besides the many resources for academic purpsoes is of course the football. You can not beat the way Tuscaloosa feels on a Alabama game day.

The wide variety of people on the campus. There are so many different people from all over the country/world that you are sure to find a great group of friends. Its really easy to find people who have similar interests with all of the different campus groups and activities. The staff is really really supportive. All of the professors really want you to succeed and they want to help you as much as they can. There are also a lot of resources here for future careers.

I believe the best thing about my school is the true sense of community it has. No matter where you are or what you are doing, there is always someone close by who is more than willing to help. Also, at my school there are so many adults that have truly made great mentors for me and I have only been here for about a semester and a half. It's truly amazing how tightly bound the members of the Alabama community are regardless of how different each of our backgrounds are.

Mykia

I would have to say the best thing about my school is the school itself as a whole. The students, professors, and even the atmosphere make you feel right at home. Everyone fits in somewhere, no one is alone.

I love the tradition at Alabama. Not only with the football team, but also with the history of the campus and the quest for academic excellence.

Tabitha

I think the best thing about my school is the academic program. The courses I am taking are challenging and the likelihood of me getting a job when I graduate is very high. The University has many opportunities for me to participate in internships and co-op's along with many groups to join so I can communicate with people that share my same interests.

Tamiya

I cant consider just one thing because I would be lying but, I must say our football team is the best thing at our school. Considering that we won the SEC championship game and the National Championship as well, Tuscaloosa and the university show a lot of support everyday! The faculty of the campus are great and easy to work with. They are helpful and will assist you the best way they know how. Since this is my first year away from home they made it there best to make me feel more comfortable.

Lee

I think the best thing about our school is their focus on getting your degree, finishing school on time, and giving you the skills you need to be successful in your career.

Madelyn

The best thing about my univeristy is the deep rooted school spirit that transends through many generations. One who attends this school is likely to return after post graduate studies or seeking employment because of the sense of pride this school gives. I feel that my school has one of the greatest retention rates because their is an atmosphere of togetherness and family. Most alumni and current students all tend to band together through one common bond, the football team. Our team has a rich history of football success and works to keep that tradition alive mostly through alumni support.

Rich traditions

Leigh

I think the best thing about my school is the fact that faculty and students are able to work together to make our learning environment better for everyone. When students are in class they are expected to be respectful as are the educators. It is a great environment for learning and growing as a person.

Zarie

Our athletics...we have the best around. It seems like when we do well in sports we do better in school..as in paying attention and actually wanting to go to class.

Zarie

The football team because I am very high spirited and show great pride, so having the best football team is a big plus in my life.

environment

Nakeisha

The campus is beautiful and everyone is very nice.

The best thing about my school is that they offer several places along campus to study between classes.

Tradition

The best thing about my school is the variety of classes and times thats allows you to take classes within your major thus allowing you to graduate on time.

Tanjula

The best thing about the University of Alabama is the traditional campus stetting. This type of environment allows students to easily meet peers that are intersted in their area of study, which makes the excited about completing their studies at the University of Alabama.

Meg

The education that I'm recieving is really good. There are a lot of top programs at the University.

The many opportunites that this campus has to help a student learn who they are.

Football!!!!!!

Tamar

The variety of undergradaute progrms offered.

Graham

Crimson Tide football. Tradition and history surrounding the program. Oh yeah, Nick Saban

Garrett

The Intramural Sports department and recreation centers. They are top of the line facilities and have many different systems and helpful working personnel to help you at any time.

for me, the best thing is that it is far enough from home to be far away, but close enough to be close.

When you attend the University of Alabama, you are attending a school with great tradition. The school spirit is overwhelming. Tuscaloosa is a place that i will always feel comfortable returning to. In my opinion, that is the best part about it.

Good resources as far as libraries, access to technology and professors are concerned.

The best thing about my school by far is athletics. The football here, especially this season is doing well , so the school spirit here has increased tremendously. Many things are good about the University of Alabama. the location, the people, the scenery, and the social life.

The best thing about the U of A is the respect from your peers for attending school here.

Daniella

I think the best thing about my school is the balance between the prestigeous sports programs and the great acedemic opportunities.

Ninna

The School of Social Work is an amazing program and I love being a part of it.