The University of Alabama Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Alabama

Madelyn

The University of Alabama is a great school with so many things for everyone there are amazing teacher that are there when you need them we have lots of different clubs, sport teams , and Greek life so there is something for everyone to enjoy and be a part of.

Zariyah

The University of Alabama (UA) is a great school. As a flagship university, The UA is often referred to as "The Capstone." UA students have more than 500 student organizations to get involved in on campus. There are close to 70 fraternities and sororities in the school's influential Greek system made up of more than 11,500 students. The Alabama Crimson Tide sports teams are notorious competitors in the NCAA Division I Southeastern Conference.

Bailey

It's a great school, a little heavy on the party scene. Football dominates everything in the fall. Greek life is prevalent, but not all consuming. There are plenty of ways to get involved if you're not Greek. It can feel like academics can fall to the way side sometimes, but the University focuses on keeping strong academics, small class sizes, and passionate professors who are great at teaching. There are lots of opportunities to give feedback.

Christopher

I am a transferring student that went to the University of Alabama's Bama-Bound Orientation. While I was there, I talked to current students and all of them loved being there. They said that the teachers were nice and friendly and that everyone wants you to succeed in the field you are studying for. I can't wait to start my journey as an "Elephant".

Abigail

The University of Alabama is one of the greatest schools in the world. The teachers truly value their students and work hard to make sure we learn and succeed. The academics are top notch and you know you will graduate with many job opportunities available to you. The sports are great and form a community and common bond among students of all different majors and interests. Alabama is the best.

Julianne

Overall, the University of Alabama is an extraordinary school for academics, but it is known as the number one party school. Unfortunately, the noise level of the campus at night is annoying when trying to sleep because there is a party every night. However, the professors on campus go out of their way to help us succeed and not have a heart attack from stress overload. I love going here and learn many valuable things during my time on campus, while also forming bonds that will last a life time.

james

I love this school. It has a beautiful campus and people are usually really friendly. Some of the off campus housing try to take advantage of students. The campus police is a joke on legitimacy and they kind of do their own thing. Over all I think this could be one of the top schools in the nation just based upon academics. All the facilities are top of the line and most of the areas of study are in the top of the nation. If you love sports the university loves sports especially football (obviously). I would recommend going greek if you are trying to be a very social student but you could differently make friends in the classroom.

Mary

I knew when I first visited Alabama that it was the school for me. I was a little worried about the transition into college because I live almost 11 hours away. However, I could not be happier with my decision to come here. Sometimes, I just walk around the campus smiling because of how beautiful our campus is and how much I love it at Bama. Everyone is super welcoming and it is easy to find things to get involved in. There are so many great opportunities to take advantage of on campus. If you are considering coming to Bama, I highly recommend visiting and taking a tour. Good luck with your college making decisions and Roll Tide!

Katlyn

It's a good school if you take advantage of all the opportunities and find your niche. Greek life is huge, but you can find things to do without joining a Greek organization. Some programs are better than others and the same is true for the professor.

Bianca

I enjoyed my four years there. I feel I was well prepared. Each Education class i took exposed me to time in an actual classroom. My cohort was great, and we became like a family. I only wish more funding would be used to keep the Education buildings up. The campus us beautiful and had access to so many resources! The football team and gymnastics are pretty awesome too.

Helmi

UA has so many opportunities for students to get involved in research, intramural or club sports, or clubs. There are so many ways for students to find what they're passionate about and pursue it.

Samir

Best University in the world.

Jeffrey

The University of Alabama has its share of problems, but it is a work in progress, with a growing group of activists, students, and administration aiming to bring the University forward into the 21st century in a more thriving and diverse position.

Bryan

The University of Alabama is located in Tuscaloosa, AL and is truly the heart and soul of the south. My time at UA has so far been filled with fantastic Friday nights, the best tailgates and games that Saturday game days can offer, and intriguing classes and organizations where I have truly found a home. UA offers many opportunities for students to learn and expand their horizons whether that be Greek life (a large part of the university), community service, or extracurricular organizations. I have found a place like no other in The University of Alabama and I can't wait to see what it continues to offer for me and for others in the future!

Madeline

This is a great school. No matter what you are interested there will always be other people who are simmilar because of how large the university is. All of my professors have been readily available outside of class. Additionally, the quality fo food on campus varies, just remember to go to Fresh Foods!

My opinion about The University of Alabama is that it's a really good school and I would love to go there and it is the college I plan on going to after I graduate high school in the year of 2020. This college make me feel like I can be comfortable there and it's easy to get use to be there. I just don't won't to be getting into a good college and then I end up not liking it but I am pretty sure I will love The University of Alabama. I mostly love football season Alabama Crimson Tide can play some football . Roll Tide !!!!!

The University of Alabama was the perfect fit for me. There's always something to do, the scholarship money for out of state students is awesome, and the tailgates are like no one else's. I love going here!

Darby

The University of Alabama is a great school with a beautiful campus. Many students are from out of state so it is very diverse. Greek life is huge, but there is a place for everyone, greek or not. Academics are great for a public University, however there are some terrible professors that make it really difficult to succeed in their class. GPA is calculated on a +, - system which can either help you out or really screw you over. A lot of that also depends on your professor.

Connor

The University of Alabama has incredible facilities and staff. As a member of the men's track and field team here, I have had to communicate extensively with my professors in order to resolve schedule conflicts and ask for help in subject matters I may have missed while traveling, and they have always been more than willing to make accommodations. They are flexible with availability hours with all students, and they seem genuinely interested in our success here at the University. Campus is gorgeous, and I enjoy the surroundings as well.

Kimberly

It's a great school, full of passionate people but it is difficult to socialize outside of Greek life or any other organizations. The teachers are usually passionate about the material they teach, but they always appreciate it when student show initiative and visit them in office hours, especially if it is a larger class.

Chelsea

It is a great school. There is always something to do.

Meredith

As soon as I set foot on the University of Alabama, I knew that was where I was going to college. The entire staff was welcoming and wanted everyone to choose UA. Not only that, but everyone stressed the importance of both academics and getting involved with organizations on campus. Overall, I feel at home on campus, and I'm happy I chose UA.

Alexa

Wondeful university that incorporates all aspects of the typical college life at an exceptional level- academics, athletics, and social opportunities. Professors are knowledgeable, students are diverse, and our athletes are the best in the SEC. Anything one seeks to be involved in or is interested in, this campus has it.

Shayna

Each university has its own character, own vibe, and way of doing things; I am lucky that I found The University of Alabama as my school. It is a place that lets me study what I want to study, engage in the activities that I find important in my life and lets me get an amazing education while being surrounded by brilliant like minded people. The University of Alabama gives me the freedom to take my studies online so that I can also focus on what is important in my life such as my family, friends, and travel while still being able to get a degree from one of the greatest schools in our country.

Arnelle

Great faculty, class sizes and multiple opportunities for students to get involved on campus. There's always construction on campus so it's hard to get around, but UBER has returned to the city, which is beneficial for students without cars as UA charges $200-600 for parking. There are buses that take students around campus as well as a 24 hour library. FOOTBALL is a big deal. Students party from Wednesday to Sunday with daytime parties as well. A lot of cheating and manipulation on campus through secret societies and within Greek Life, which accounts for a little less than a 1/3 of campus or 13-15K ( this number is only going to go up) Overall, I do like my school and would recommend it.

Jailyn

I love The University of Alabama! The atmosphere is amazing and I am sure at least every ten minutes you will hear someone yell ROLL TIDE. Education is a top priority and this university exceeds my expectations of how a college is suppose to demonstrate a strong and a resourceful system for myself and my peers. From the organizations to the football games, we are all unified. My favorite thing about this university is the Crimson Tide football team, every home game our stadium literally rocks! After every first down, the entire stadium yells "Roll Tide." It is a pleasure being in a place where others share the same interest as you.

Erin

It is a very nice campus, and I can not wait to attend!!

Madeline

The University of Alabama provides an incredible blend of social and academic excellence. Between studying for exams and attending every Alabama football game, students spend time socializing in The Quad, working on research in our labs, and serving the community in and around Tuscaloosa. There are opportunities for every kind of student with academic and social interests. Students and alumni of the University of Alabama cannot help but yell "Roll Tide!" to fellow students and friendly strangers strolling down The Strip. The University of Alabama is and will always be a home to many.

Emalee

The University of Alabama is a great school for those who would like a change in their life. It is a huge difference from high school. There is always something going on on campus, never a dull moment. Everything at this school is big, from the football team, to the number of organizations, to the actual size of the campus! But no worries there are plenty of friendly people that will help you transition to this next step in your life.

Mary-Clare

This school welcomed me with open arms and was a dream come true as soon as I stepped foot onto the campus. The entire atmosphere overwhelms you with curiosity and you are embrace with kindness from anyone you meet. Everyone is willing to provide a helping hand whether you are a visitor or a native to the campus. I am truly thankful I chose this school not only because of the eventful game-days, the architechture, the incredible classes and people I've encountered but because I can call it my home away from home. Everyone around you wants you to succeed and supports you in every way they can.

William

Its a great school. Top notch education, very diverse, and always something fun to do. Great classroom discussions and learning and professors who really try and invest in their students. Great student organizations, and great ways to get involved. it doesn't hurt to have a world class football team either. Roll Tide!

Briyana

The University of Alabama is a great school where you will not only receive an excellent education, but also have a good time. There are over 500 clubs and organizations on campus so it is easy to find a group where you feel you belong. In addition, UA has tons of athletics that are fun to watch and participate in.

In my almost 2 years of being here I must say it has been quiet a joy. I have obtained so much knowledge and the resources are endless. Although the tuition is pricy for out of state students and they are very bad with providing scholarships, it is indeed a school for people to consider. The faculty is overall good for they are willing to help and available during their office hours. The on campus amenities are amazing for the money that is given to the school is indeed being put into great use to make the campus more innovative and beautiful. Of course it is not perfect no college is but I must say it is pretty close.

Lyndsay

I fell in love with the campus the first time I visited and knew this was the college for me. I am in my sophomore year and continue to enjoy the campus, academics, culture, comradery, and of course the sports (there is nothing like the football champions and being in the stadium watching them play). I highly recommend UA for all prospective students!

Cristian

I love the Capstone! Fall is football and it's so nice but spring might be a little dull but it the Quad and everything on campus is gorgeous. I came from the north and visited UA and honestly I never felt more at home at one school. We are the best school in the SEC and in the country! Roll Tide!

Wesley

The quality of the academics is fine. Their tuition is over priced, like any college. Book use is restricted to those written by the staff to prevent outside purchase of less expensive books. This is a problem. Sometimes sports interferes with classroom time, even if you are not in one.

Heather

The University of Alabama is a great school with a welcoming environment. The professors are always accessible and are there to help you succeed. Along with good academics and courses to take, there are also fun experiences outside the classroom, such as game days.

Katherine

The University of Alabama is a campus unlike any other you will visit. You feel at home the second you step foot on the quad, because the students and faculty here treat each other like family. There is never a dull moment or a second of boredom, the university provides so many extracurriculars and activities to participate it, whether it is an intramural game, a baseball game, or an art exposition. I have never regretted my choice to attend the University of Alabama because it has instilled me with all the tools I need to succeed.

Benjamin

I really enjoyed my time as an undergraduate student. Some very fond memories were made at the University of Alabama. When given the opportunity to return for my graduate school degree, I decided to take that opportunity and I start again in the fall. UA has been like a second home to me and I'm glad that I chose the school from the very beginning.

Randy

Coming to Alabama was something that I was apprehensive about because I was forcing myself to leave my comfort zone. I did not know a single person here at the University and I was 600 miles away from home. Now in my junior year, I can admit that The University of Alabama exceeded my expectations. Not only is the campus beautiful, but the students and staff are very friendly as well. My only complaint is the divide between Greek Life and those who do not participate in frats or sororities. That being said, UA now has more out-of-state students than in-state which I felt has also helped me network and meet people from all across the country. Overall, it has been one of the best decisions of my life and I am reminded of it everyday.

Jamikeca

I love the campus and its history. I think this campus would be an great experience for me to get a good education and career.

Kennedy

The University of Alabama is a great place to get the college experience. There's something for everybody here, no matter who you are. Even though this is a big campus, once you get into the classes pertaining to your major, the class sizes get very small and very personable. All of my professors know my name and seem to really care about my success. I love the opportunities that are available to me, right at my fingertips. If I want to join a sports team, I can, or if a scholar bowl is more your speed, you can totally do that. You're into religious studies? There are bible studies and Islamic groups all over campus. There really is something for everybody, and the staff/ students are so nice. You really get a taste for southern culture.

My overall opinion is that The University of Alabama is very beneficial, especially when it comes to getting a job in the future. You can network and start your career here. I believe that choosing UA was the best because I feel as if I am challenging myself to work hard and be the best me that I can be. This school also stands for something and is known for so many good things and I think it is important to go to a school that is involved and succeeding. The campus is very beautiful and you meet so many unique people along the way. If you come to the University of Alabama without a social life, you definitely will leave with one. This school has a lot to offer and I am happy with my choice.

Marissa

There is nothing better than the sun blasting in your sleep deprived face as you wake up to the noise of dixieland delight being blasted by your roommate. But despite your body exhaustion from another Friday night out in T-Town, you force yourself to speedily get up and hit the shower as you are reminded that it is a Saturday in Alabama. That's right, it's game day. Alabama may be a place where greek life overcomes the day and night, where college students bask in the glory of young life any day of the week, a place where most professors are kind and considerate, and where it is by far the most beautiful campus. And even though it's student body population of primarily out of state students, walking through the quad with a sweet tea in one hand and shaker in the other, you can not help but smile while seeing your fellow supporters of the crimson tide. It is in that moment in which you gaze upon the tallness of denny chimes, you recognize the feeling that there is no other better place then sweet home Alabama.

Beautiful and absolutely spirited.

Jordan

I am both an alumni and current graduate student at the University of Alabama, and I can't imagine attending any other school. UA is the perfect balance of academics, social scene, overall atmosphere, community, and extracurricular activities. Being a high achieving student entering the engineering field, it was important for me to attend a college where academics were a priority. Alabama was just that and more. They have brand new facilities and one of a kind programs to help enrich your academic success. I was selected to be a part of the STEM-MBA program, which is one of the first of its kind, that allows students to receive a STEM field undergraduate degree and an MBA in only 5 years. Not only were academics important but so was the social aspect. I pledged a sorority my freshman year, and I could not recommend UA Greek Life enough. It is a large and diverse community that is philanthropy oriented. With a majority of UA's students being from out of state, you are introduced to a wide variety of people from all different backgrounds. The whole town is a community, and even the locals are welcoming. If you love football, UA is perfect for you. The Fall semesters revolve around gameday and the Crimson Tide. There are plenty of shops and fun things to do around the area, and Birmingham is only a 40 minute drive away. I can't recommend UA enough to anyone out there. I have found my home here, and I couldn't imagine my college years any other way!

Michelle

I love the College of Education. The professor give you step by step guidance and many valuable opportunities along the way to work with classroom teacher and students. Several professor go above and beyond their call as teacher to answer important questions, even on the weekends.

Alex

Attending The University of Alabama has been the best decision I've made. It's a mixture of the best academics you can get at a public university, world class sports programs, fantastic student affairs and extracurriculars, a beautiful university, and a diverse campus culture. UA really is the number one flagship public university.

Kemper

The University of Alabama is not just a college, its a family. From the moment I stepped on campus I felt like a part of something bigger, something better. As I toured the school I knew this was the place for me. The next week I was accepted and enrolled at the University. I look forward my future a this school. Roll Tide!

Arieva

The University of Alabama is a school that its a lot of it's focus on football and academics. Football, however is the gospel at Alabama considering we are a national powerhouse and have many 17 national championships. Academics is the number one priority as they offer tutoring, study sessions, extended library space and much more.