Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Tracey

Parents and students need to be able to choose a place best for the student. Weather this means acidemically or socialiy or noteriety, students need to feel comfortable in the place they choose. If they are not comfortable, it will not be a good choice as the experience gained will not be as much as it could be at a diffferent school. Parents need to be flexible with their children in helping them decide where to go to. After all, it is the student's decision in the end. However, the student should be aware of financial budget so as to not become in debt in the future.

the pre veterinary program they had.

the maturity level of the students is rather low.

Amy

Go visit your college before you make any decision about where to go. And once you get there if you are unhappy, leave. College should be the best time of your life, do not stay becuase you think you are obligated to.

Abigail

Write down what you are looking for and see what each university provides for your needs. Choose your friends wisely and don't change your morals to fit with popular people. College is a bigger high school.

A large population of students go home on the weekends and there are very little activities available on the weekends.

Someone who is focused on getting a degree and working hard for it.

That there are very few job opportunities for out of state students. Most businesses will not hire you if you're not from Findlay because you go away over breaks.

I would say that students should go with their instincts. Visiting a college camups gives a very good impression of the kind of school it is and the kind of students that go there. When it comes time to choose, try to pick the one that is the most like the students' personality. Because no matter how much it costs or how high it is ranked, if it doesn't feel right, it won't be.

Someone who is looking to be part of a close-knit community.

Amy

To find the right college, I would suggest visiting all the colleges you are interested in and getting a private tour. The tour guides give you a lot more information in private tours than in public ones, and you will be able to learn more about each school this way. After visiting all the possibilities, I would make a list of the pro's and con's of each school. After reviewing the list that was made, I would then decide which school made you feel most at home. You want to make sure you go somewhere where you feel comfortable. Your academics will be affected if you don't feel at home on campus. To make the most of the college experience, I would make sure to get involved in as many organizations as you are interested in. The more things you get involved in, the more friends you make. Also, make sure to go to the on campus activities. There are always more students at these activities than you would expect, which gives you another opportunity to network with other students. Your college friends become your family, so the more you have, the better your experience will be.

That there was absolutely nothing to do on the weekends.

Someone who isn't looking fo extremely hard classes but still wants a good, strong education.

My advice to future college students and their parents about finding the right college is to one, definitely visit all of the choices. When you visit a college , one can get an idea of what the professors are like, the student population, campus facilities and where they would live for their college career. Ask lots of questions to the tour guide, students you may pass on campus, the professors and also administrators and staff of the college. Also, take a tour of the community in which the school is in, one may love the school, but if it is located in an undesirable area, then that could damper one's college experience. To make the most of the college experience, get involved on campus. If a student is involved on campus, they are more likely to do well in the classroom, socially, mentally, positively affecting a student's overall health. Being involved on campus has helped me adjust to college life and helped me further my education.

The best thing about my school are its opportunities for work or employment. There are many jobs on campus and off campus. I have two on campus jobs, one as a Resident Assistant and the other as a Computer Lab Assistant. These jobs give me opportunity to meet new people, get familiar with campus facilities and buildings and give me more responsibility as a newly independent student and adult.

I say that my school is great. I am always involved in activities on campus, extracurriculars, and social activities. Being involved on campus is what keeps me here at school, keeps me interested , and it makes school and the college experience more fun.

Anthony

Findlay is a very conservative school. However, there is a lot more acceptance of the liberal minded amongst the conservatives despite their differeing veiwpoints, than other places I have lived down south. There is some racism, prevelant. More so by the locals, but it still can get perturbing. Campus is shifting towards being more green, but there is resistance and laziness. Most of the students that have been here for a while are very driven and focused, and the ones that aren't (be they drinkers/partiers or not) usually transfer due to the price.

Research the school thuroughly. Make at least one visit to the school, and no less than one. Don't necessarily decide what school to go to based on the programs they offer (since you might switch programs). Try to stay overnight on campus and attend at least one class. Get a copy of the universities policies (on-campus living, behavioral, academic expectations) before deciding on a school, so that you can find a school that fits your personality and habits better. It is extremely frustrating to find out these things later on. Greek Life is incredible: in my experience it has not been anything like what is perpetuated by Hollywood stereotypes. granted that does take place in certain locales, I am sure, though it was much more that way in the early 90s and before. Greek Life has offered me a frequent opportunity to do community service, invaluble people skills, social and business networking, academic standards (much higher than the school's), and a home away from home. I would highly encourage any motivated individual to look into Greek Life at a small school, and possibly a large school too, but DO NOT stand for hazing.

Equestiran (Western and English), Pre-Vet, Animal Science, Physical Therapy, and Pharmacy.

Erin

I would have to say it's equestrian programs. It is a big draw for a lot of out of state students. And it seems like a lot of our students are equestrian majors.

There is a saying "College is some of the best years of your life." I could not agree more with this statement. I recently graduated with my bachelor's degree, and am now faced with going back for my masters, and finding a career. Entering college was easy for me. I knew exactly where I wanted to go. The school I chose was close to home, and was really attractive in that it was a small campus and offered a small teacher to student ratio. This was really beneficial for me through out my college career. It made wanting to go to class and learn much easier than it would have been to show up to a class full of a hundred or so students and one teacher. Living in the dorm for my first couple of years was another key decision. It helped me make most of the friends that I have today. College was like a continuation of high school. There was still structure, but with much more freedom. I had the power to choose if I wanted to learn, and I did. I'm going to miss these years, but I will never forget them!

I initially wanted to do pre-vet, but switched before I came. So I guess I wish that I knew I wasn't going to go through, because it may have made me choose a different college. I liked all of my science classes, but I feel that I could have had been a better match with a different school, that would have given me better opportunities.

Larissa

Although Findlay is a small university, there is always something to do!

Although Findlay is a small university, there is always something to do!

When a student is going off to school they, along with their parents are going to have mixed feelings and that is alright. To choose the right school is difficult but the student is going to be the only person who knows whether or not they are making the right decision. Once the decision is made of where to attend school the student can start getting ready to go. The best advice I can give is to relax, it is the best way to adjust. Also, getting involved on campus is a great way to make friends!

If a person loves big cities then they probably should not attend a school like Findlay. It would probably be considered very small in that case.

Audrey

Make sure the college is within your reach financially because it is harder to get scholarships then many make it out to be. Also, consider the distance from home and other majors available at the school incase you decide to switch your major once school begins. Make sure your AP classes will transfer too the school before you take AP courses because sometimes they wont and the classes become a waste of money. Always remember that if you hate the school, dont be afraid to transfer out because being miserable will make grades drop and again, waste money

Administration and Financial aid are not very helpful to students and only assist you if your parents get involved in the suitation. This school does not treat its students as if they are adult, they treat you more like you are still in high school and you need parents permission to do anything, this can get very annoying.

Someone who knows what they want to do prior to attending the school, it is too expensive to be switching majors and changing classes once school beings. This person is does not need to be independent, the school interacts more with parents and requires you to live on campus for at least 3 years.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.