Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Anthony

Findlay is a very conservative school. However, there is a lot more acceptance of the liberal minded amongst the conservatives despite their differeing veiwpoints, than other places I have lived down south. There is some racism, prevelant. More so by the locals, but it still can get perturbing. Campus is shifting towards being more green, but there is resistance and laziness. Most of the students that have been here for a while are very driven and focused, and the ones that aren't (be they drinkers/partiers or not) usually transfer due to the price.

Equestiran (Western and English), Pre-Vet, Animal Science, Physical Therapy, and Pharmacy.

Research the school thuroughly. Make at least one visit to the school, and no less than one. Don't necessarily decide what school to go to based on the programs they offer (since you might switch programs). Try to stay overnight on campus and attend at least one class. Get a copy of the universities policies (on-campus living, behavioral, academic expectations) before deciding on a school, so that you can find a school that fits your personality and habits better. It is extremely frustrating to find out these things later on. Greek Life is incredible: in my experience it has not been anything like what is perpetuated by Hollywood stereotypes. granted that does take place in certain locales, I am sure, though it was much more that way in the early 90s and before. Greek Life has offered me a frequent opportunity to do community service, invaluble people skills, social and business networking, academic standards (much higher than the school's), and a home away from home. I would highly encourage any motivated individual to look into Greek Life at a small school, and possibly a large school too, but DO NOT stand for hazing.

Erin

I would have to say it's equestrian programs. It is a big draw for a lot of out of state students. And it seems like a lot of our students are equestrian majors.

There is a saying "College is some of the best years of your life." I could not agree more with this statement. I recently graduated with my bachelor's degree, and am now faced with going back for my masters, and finding a career. Entering college was easy for me. I knew exactly where I wanted to go. The school I chose was close to home, and was really attractive in that it was a small campus and offered a small teacher to student ratio. This was really beneficial for me through out my college career. It made wanting to go to class and learn much easier than it would have been to show up to a class full of a hundred or so students and one teacher. Living in the dorm for my first couple of years was another key decision. It helped me make most of the friends that I have today. College was like a continuation of high school. There was still structure, but with much more freedom. I had the power to choose if I wanted to learn, and I did. I'm going to miss these years, but I will never forget them!

I initially wanted to do pre-vet, but switched before I came. So I guess I wish that I knew I wasn't going to go through, because it may have made me choose a different college. I liked all of my science classes, but I feel that I could have had been a better match with a different school, that would have given me better opportunities.

Larissa

Although Findlay is a small university, there is always something to do!

Although Findlay is a small university, there is always something to do!

When a student is going off to school they, along with their parents are going to have mixed feelings and that is alright. To choose the right school is difficult but the student is going to be the only person who knows whether or not they are making the right decision. Once the decision is made of where to attend school the student can start getting ready to go. The best advice I can give is to relax, it is the best way to adjust. Also, getting involved on campus is a great way to make friends!

If a person loves big cities then they probably should not attend a school like Findlay. It would probably be considered very small in that case.

Audrey

Make sure the college is within your reach financially because it is harder to get scholarships then many make it out to be. Also, consider the distance from home and other majors available at the school incase you decide to switch your major once school begins. Make sure your AP classes will transfer too the school before you take AP courses because sometimes they wont and the classes become a waste of money. Always remember that if you hate the school, dont be afraid to transfer out because being miserable will make grades drop and again, waste money

Administration and Financial aid are not very helpful to students and only assist you if your parents get involved in the suitation. This school does not treat its students as if they are adult, they treat you more like you are still in high school and you need parents permission to do anything, this can get very annoying.

Someone who knows what they want to do prior to attending the school, it is too expensive to be switching majors and changing classes once school beings. This person is does not need to be independent, the school interacts more with parents and requires you to live on campus for at least 3 years.

Sammantha

Most of my classmates are focused and motivated individuals excited about the idea of working after college.

When looking for the right college find the one that makes you happy. The one that can help you reach your goals and help you find your way in the world. This is not always the most well known school, but it will be the one you come to know. Do make the most of your college experience, just remember you are paying for it and you will only experience it for the first time once. There is a lot to do so try everything at least once and that will help you find your place and new friends. Good luck!

The advising portion of my education has been the worst thing about the University of Findlay. Your personal academic advisor does not know you personally nor do they pay close enough attention to your progress and classes to keep you on take for graduation.

Advice I would give to parents and students looking into the right college would be to find one that seems right for you (the student). Do not go to a specific college because you feel pressured to chose it because another sibling went there or a parent went there. Education is a great gift to have and not everybody can strive to get the best education they can in the same enviroment as somebody else. So look into where you want to go, whats around the campus (is there activities you enjoy offered int he community?), and what kind of classroom enviroment is offered (is there a small student to teacher ratio?). So take your time and do not accept the first school you come across because your going to pay for an education and you want to make sure it is the right one for you.

I wished I would have known about the country side of the school and how much it is apart of the school.

People who love andneed to be in the city and in a fast paced enviroment should not attend this school. It is more of a country/equine based school.

Kelly

It's smaller so you're closer with friends and you know a lot of people around campus. That is definitely nice!

When you visit, just make sure you feel "at home". Make sure that it fits you and that it's not too big. Make sure you can afford it as well, being in debt is NOT fun.

We have an amazing basketball team. There is always something to do on weekends. Classes teach you what you need to know in the long run. Professors are WONDERFUL! It's nice to walk around and know almost everyone.

Stacy

The University of Findlay is a small, caring, and friendly campus with many diverse students and professors; where the professors care about their students work and progress in the class.

The University of Findlay is a small, friendly campus while other schools are much larger. The University of Findlay students are known by their professors and will receive help whenever needed. Tutoring services are also available to any student. Professors at the University of Findlay are helpful and care about their students work and progress. At the University of Findlay, I know professors care about me, help me find a job, and help with my studies.

The advice I would give to parents and/or students searching for the right college is does the college suit the student. When I visited the University of Findlay, I knew this was the college that I wanted to attend in the fall. The university is small, clean, and friendly, just what I was looking for. Also, the University of Findlay has small class sizes, where the professors knows the student personally. The professors help students with their studies and care about them. Faculty and staff are friendly and helpful, so students feel comfortable around them. To make the most of the college experience, be involved on campus and in the community. I am involved in many different organizations and volunteer service because I enjoy meeting new people and helping the university and community. Also, meet different people on campus. The University of Findlay has many diverse people from all over the world such as India, China, and Japan! Therefore, students can interact and personally know other students from other parts of the world. Also, to make the most of the college experience, attend different activities such as theater plays, social events, and athletics. Make yourself a well-rounded person!

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.