Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Melissa

I have gotten more out of my college experience than just the knowledge I have gained in the classroom. I have learned much more about myself. I have learned that I can live on my own away from my family and get along just fine. This experience has taught me that there will always be people and situations in life that are unpleasant to deal with, but you have to take the good with the bad. Getting involved in campus organizations has done wonders for me inside and outside of the classroom. Becoming involved in a club and taking on a leadership role within that club has helped my public speaking in my classes. It has been valuable for me in getting me to be comfortable with stating my opinions without fear. Outside of a classroom setting, I will now actually start a conversation with someone i don't know. I could drop out of college now and it would still have been a valuable experience for me and my self-esteem.

It has a small school atmosphere. You're likely to have many of the same in several of your classes so it's quite easy to make friends and find people to study with.

The kind of person who does not like big cities or crowded environments.

What I love about the University of FIndlay is that it has a small school feel but I see a new person everyday on campus. I like not just being a "face" in my classes and having personal relationships with my professors. That is important to me.

The greatest experiences that I have had are with the groups that I have gotten involved with on campus. They have taught me the importance of volunteering and giving back to the community. I have been a consistent volunteer at the City Mission of Findlay since October of this year and have loved every minute of it. I have met a lot of great people and have seen the heart of Findlay, Ohio through all of the generous donations that come in everyday. I think it is important to be a well rounded person and this experience has really helped me grow.

I think that the worst thing about Findlay is not having more options on our meal plan.

Danielle

How small and welcoming it is. I visited Ohio State and it was huge. I felt like I would get lost there. Here everything is so close and you really get to know your professors and fellow students. You see the same people everyday. So even if you dont know someone you have probably seen them around.

I am only a college freshman this year and my life has already changed drastically. Back home, I did not have to do much for myself. I didn't have to clean, cook, or even make my lunches for school. Now that I am two and a half hours away from home I have learned to take care of myself. I now know how to use laundry machines and cash checks, and really just take care of myself. College is a growing experience and with out it I'm not sure I would have had to learn how to do things for myself. I have made new friends and really become more of an extraverted person. College is probably the best thing that has happened to me in a long time.

Just more about the pharmacy program itself. They are not fully accredited so they may have to get rid of the program after this year and I will have to transfer somewhere else.

Dominique

The University of Findlay is an diverse community.

The University of Findlay is an diverse community.

A sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt from anything else that I have done. Confidence. A very good job with good pay. Job security. Some admiration from others. Use the skills learned to volunteer and help others. Knowing I can take care of myself and be on my own during college.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known how much I was gone to have to pay monthly for my tuition. Not knowing, I have to pay 1,277 each month for the next four months.

Helping, caring and respectful indivduals.

Helping, caring and respectful indivduals.

During my first year at Oakland University I learned that meeting new people helps the time go by alot faster. Also, you need to set a schedule and stick to it.

I haven't attented yet but from what i see attending orientation there isn't to much to complain about everyone is very helpful.

Miranda

I got to learn things that I never knew berfore. I have a better understanding of education and how it can help futher you in your life and careet path. I have also gotten to know how it feels to be on your own. Not having your mom over your shoulder sayin do this or do that. I know how to manage time and priorites

Erica

College allows me to become a veterinarian and to learn more about my area of study. Also to help make a difference in animals lifes and humans. Also to become a better runner.

My school has one of the best pre-veterinary programs there is, and it has alot of animals for hands on experience.

I am certainly more knowledgeable now about life in general and also about my own future. In high school I had no idea who I was or where I was going, and even now I still feel the same way at times, but now I feel like I know more and understand more. I feel like my own personal foundations are more solid. I can find a job, pay off my loans, meet new people, make connections, and look out for myself now, but I have also learned how lucky I am that I have a good family support system behind me as well. In high school I thought that I could figure out anything and do what needed to be done myself. Now, I know that I can figure anything out, but I also know that askin for help is also an essential part of being successful. College has taught me that asking people who are more knowledgeable than myself for help, learning from them and aspiring to succeed as they have, is the way to succeed. I know who I am now better than I ever did before. Thanks to this experience, I know that I will succeed.

The school is mostly geared towards Pre-Vet, Animal Science, Equestrian, and Pharmacy students. If your major is not one of those options then chances are that you'd be better suited someplace else.

My major is not one of the big ones at this school, so my education is not as good as it could be in a location that was more supportive of my major. Also, the campus is not very exciting and filled with culture, so I always find myself comparing it to life in the city where there is much more diversity and individualism to be found.

Kate

With my college experience, I have learned that there is a lot more to the profession of pharmacy then I initiatly presumed. By attending the University of Findlay, my desire to help patients has grown and my knowledge about the profession has broadened. Professors take the time to help their students and make sure they truly understand the material. In addtion, I have been able to participate in several practical pharmacy experiences which have allowed me to make connections with other pharmacists and has molded me into the pharmacist I plan to become. Without the extraordinary teaching staff and the programs experiences, I would not be where I am today. I cherish all of the time and effort the College of Pharmacy puts into the program, which makes it worth attending. I feel I would not have the opportunities I have if I would not have attended the University of Findlay. I do not doubt that myself and my fellow classmates will be successful. We will be highly trained professionals, taught by the best.

I believe the best thing about the University of Findlay is its small classes, which allows for more one-on-one time with teachers. The professors at UF are highly qualified and are constantly pushing their students to do their best. They offer to meet with students after hours and have given out their home and cell phone numbers, in case students have questions over the weekend. The professors pride themselves in how well the students perform and make it know to them. Having this one-on-one time with teachers has made my experience at UF extraordinary.

Prior to attending the University of Findlay, I wish I would have understood how important time management skills are. Being able to manage the time you spend on classes and other activities, such as a job or social events, allows for a balancing act which will allow you to be successful. I was oblivious to the amount of time I would be spending on going to classes, doing homework, and studying. In order to work off-campus and be able to spend time with family and friends, I had to adjust and learn to manage my time appropriately.

Stephine

My college experiance has been valuable because it has allowed me to obtain 2 internships. I will be working with 2 different large petroleum corporations over the next year. these Internships will not only give me realy work experiance a, but they will make me extremely more marketable once I graduate. Without Findlay I would not get these internships.

The best thing is probably the brand name effect. While the programs are not current, they have a past reputation that helps them "sell" their graduates.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.