Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

The hands-on program for Preveterinary students. We were given experience with large animals. This would not have been possible for me had I not attended The University of Findlay.

Go to college for the right reasons. An education is vital to your future and wellbeing. Remember who you are, and who you want to be, and stay focused. If you are unsure of what you want to do, that's okay! Everything will fall into place as long as you take classes that you enjoy taking. If the classwork just is not appealing to you, find class work that does excite you. The classes should be your main source of happiness in school. If you are not feeling certain classes, look into a different major, until you have found the right one. Never give up, and have fun!

The small class sizeenables you to talk to the professor if necessary. The hands on experience of the pre-veterinary program made this school my top choice for an education before veterinary school. Many of my experiences in science would not have been possible if it were not for The University of Findlay.

Melissa

The University of Findlay is best known for its pre-vet, equestrian, and pharmacy programs; also for its small, intimate class sizes.

I have learned that it is acceptable to not have my entire life planned out at this point in time. College is about experiencing new things and taking seemingly random, but interesting courses just for fun so find something you enjoy. At twenty years of age, it is alright to have unreasonable dreams and thoughts for the future. During my time in college, I have thrown away most of the life plan I had for myself and have started fresh. College gave me opportunities to try new things and make new friends from different backgrounds who have had so much to teach me. College has been the greatest learning experience for me; not purely in an academic sense.

The type of person who should attend The University of Findlay is one who wants to be connected to their learning experience. Small class sizes provide opportunities for interaction with peers and professors. A person who is not fond of large group settings would excel at this university

Deonda

So far I have realized that I was smarter than I gave myself credit for I was able to complete more than one semester and make the presidents list with a 4.0 GPA this alone busted my self confidence going back to school was a big step for me. My experience here at school has been enjoyable and very interesting I have learned so much more about myself and my abilities.

Melissa

I have gotten more out of my college experience than just the knowledge I have gained in the classroom. I have learned much more about myself. I have learned that I can live on my own away from my family and get along just fine. This experience has taught me that there will always be people and situations in life that are unpleasant to deal with, but you have to take the good with the bad. Getting involved in campus organizations has done wonders for me inside and outside of the classroom. Becoming involved in a club and taking on a leadership role within that club has helped my public speaking in my classes. It has been valuable for me in getting me to be comfortable with stating my opinions without fear. Outside of a classroom setting, I will now actually start a conversation with someone i don't know. I could drop out of college now and it would still have been a valuable experience for me and my self-esteem.

It has a small school atmosphere. You're likely to have many of the same in several of your classes so it's quite easy to make friends and find people to study with.

The kind of person who does not like big cities or crowded environments.

What I love about the University of FIndlay is that it has a small school feel but I see a new person everyday on campus. I like not just being a "face" in my classes and having personal relationships with my professors. That is important to me.

The greatest experiences that I have had are with the groups that I have gotten involved with on campus. They have taught me the importance of volunteering and giving back to the community. I have been a consistent volunteer at the City Mission of Findlay since October of this year and have loved every minute of it. I have met a lot of great people and have seen the heart of Findlay, Ohio through all of the generous donations that come in everyday. I think it is important to be a well rounded person and this experience has really helped me grow.

I think that the worst thing about Findlay is not having more options on our meal plan.

Danielle

How small and welcoming it is. I visited Ohio State and it was huge. I felt like I would get lost there. Here everything is so close and you really get to know your professors and fellow students. You see the same people everyday. So even if you dont know someone you have probably seen them around.

I am only a college freshman this year and my life has already changed drastically. Back home, I did not have to do much for myself. I didn't have to clean, cook, or even make my lunches for school. Now that I am two and a half hours away from home I have learned to take care of myself. I now know how to use laundry machines and cash checks, and really just take care of myself. College is a growing experience and with out it I'm not sure I would have had to learn how to do things for myself. I have made new friends and really become more of an extraverted person. College is probably the best thing that has happened to me in a long time.

Just more about the pharmacy program itself. They are not fully accredited so they may have to get rid of the program after this year and I will have to transfer somewhere else.

Dominique

The University of Findlay is an diverse community.

The University of Findlay is an diverse community.

A sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt from anything else that I have done. Confidence. A very good job with good pay. Job security. Some admiration from others. Use the skills learned to volunteer and help others. Knowing I can take care of myself and be on my own during college.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known how much I was gone to have to pay monthly for my tuition. Not knowing, I have to pay 1,277 each month for the next four months.

Helping, caring and respectful indivduals.

Helping, caring and respectful indivduals.

During my first year at Oakland University I learned that meeting new people helps the time go by alot faster. Also, you need to set a schedule and stick to it.

I haven't attented yet but from what i see attending orientation there isn't to much to complain about everyone is very helpful.

Miranda

I got to learn things that I never knew berfore. I have a better understanding of education and how it can help futher you in your life and careet path. I have also gotten to know how it feels to be on your own. Not having your mom over your shoulder sayin do this or do that. I know how to manage time and priorites

Erica

College allows me to become a veterinarian and to learn more about my area of study. Also to help make a difference in animals lifes and humans. Also to become a better runner.

My school has one of the best pre-veterinary programs there is, and it has alot of animals for hands on experience.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.