Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Miranda

I got to learn things that I never knew berfore. I have a better understanding of education and how it can help futher you in your life and careet path. I have also gotten to know how it feels to be on your own. Not having your mom over your shoulder sayin do this or do that. I know how to manage time and priorites

Erica

College allows me to become a veterinarian and to learn more about my area of study. Also to help make a difference in animals lifes and humans. Also to become a better runner.

My school has one of the best pre-veterinary programs there is, and it has alot of animals for hands on experience.

I am certainly more knowledgeable now about life in general and also about my own future. In high school I had no idea who I was or where I was going, and even now I still feel the same way at times, but now I feel like I know more and understand more. I feel like my own personal foundations are more solid. I can find a job, pay off my loans, meet new people, make connections, and look out for myself now, but I have also learned how lucky I am that I have a good family support system behind me as well. In high school I thought that I could figure out anything and do what needed to be done myself. Now, I know that I can figure anything out, but I also know that askin for help is also an essential part of being successful. College has taught me that asking people who are more knowledgeable than myself for help, learning from them and aspiring to succeed as they have, is the way to succeed. I know who I am now better than I ever did before. Thanks to this experience, I know that I will succeed.

The school is mostly geared towards Pre-Vet, Animal Science, Equestrian, and Pharmacy students. If your major is not one of those options then chances are that you'd be better suited someplace else.

My major is not one of the big ones at this school, so my education is not as good as it could be in a location that was more supportive of my major. Also, the campus is not very exciting and filled with culture, so I always find myself comparing it to life in the city where there is much more diversity and individualism to be found.

Kate

With my college experience, I have learned that there is a lot more to the profession of pharmacy then I initiatly presumed. By attending the University of Findlay, my desire to help patients has grown and my knowledge about the profession has broadened. Professors take the time to help their students and make sure they truly understand the material. In addtion, I have been able to participate in several practical pharmacy experiences which have allowed me to make connections with other pharmacists and has molded me into the pharmacist I plan to become. Without the extraordinary teaching staff and the programs experiences, I would not be where I am today. I cherish all of the time and effort the College of Pharmacy puts into the program, which makes it worth attending. I feel I would not have the opportunities I have if I would not have attended the University of Findlay. I do not doubt that myself and my fellow classmates will be successful. We will be highly trained professionals, taught by the best.

I believe the best thing about the University of Findlay is its small classes, which allows for more one-on-one time with teachers. The professors at UF are highly qualified and are constantly pushing their students to do their best. They offer to meet with students after hours and have given out their home and cell phone numbers, in case students have questions over the weekend. The professors pride themselves in how well the students perform and make it know to them. Having this one-on-one time with teachers has made my experience at UF extraordinary.

Prior to attending the University of Findlay, I wish I would have understood how important time management skills are. Being able to manage the time you spend on classes and other activities, such as a job or social events, allows for a balancing act which will allow you to be successful. I was oblivious to the amount of time I would be spending on going to classes, doing homework, and studying. In order to work off-campus and be able to spend time with family and friends, I had to adjust and learn to manage my time appropriately.

Stephine

My college experiance has been valuable because it has allowed me to obtain 2 internships. I will be working with 2 different large petroleum corporations over the next year. these Internships will not only give me realy work experiance a, but they will make me extremely more marketable once I graduate. Without Findlay I would not get these internships.

The best thing is probably the brand name effect. While the programs are not current, they have a past reputation that helps them "sell" their graduates.

My school's campus is not too big, feels like home, and makes me comfortable!

My school's campus is not too big, feels like home, and makes me comfortable!

I have all kinds of classmates. The campus is diverse with people of different races, ethnicities, ages, etc. I have made friends with three of my classmates already and I am continuing to get to know even more of my classmates. All my classmates so far are nice and mature.

Plan a way how to manage time with work, homework, fun, etc. Have some type of schedule to help you get enough of each. Too much studying can affect your social life and not studying enough can affect your grades. Balance is key! Studying and going over material daily will help you remember better for tests and finals. College and the amount of homework and studying you have to do is a little overwhelming at first. It is a big transition in life for some. Motivation to do your best is one of the best things you can have in college. You have to motivate yourself to study, even though you may not want to. Get more involved in campus activites, because before you know it, you will be graduating college, and leaving all the fun and memories behind!

There are many things that i would tell myself in my senior year of high school. I would tell myself that i really need to study more. To pay attenchtion to my teachers. To try harder and to ask for the help that i needed. Also to acctually care about what i was trying to learn. Not just worry about points. I would also say that you could have done a lot more in high school then i did.

The person that shouldn't attend this school, are please who dont like horses or dont like a lot of people who ride horses. also people who really only come to the school for a semester and say the program they are in isn't worth their time.

Eden

Bright, interesting, and diverse young indivduals seeking to find sucessful futures and careers through educational experiences.

If i could go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior i would have alot to say. First of all, and most importantly, I would tell myself not to become overly worried about the college admittance process. I think that we stress ourselves out so much about getting into college these days that we forget to enjoy our senior year. High school really only does come around once in a lifetime and you can never go back to it. However, you do need to pay attention to deadlines and fill out scholarships while they are available. I would also advise myself to get the most out of my summer before going to school. Make some memories that you'll cherish for the rest of your life. As far as going to college in the fall is concerned, keep an open mind. Things are not as bad as we make them out to be. The move may be stressful but remember that it is stressful for everyone and that you're not alone. Give college a chance before you start stressing over it, it's where some of the greatest memories of your lifetime will occur.

The worst thing about Findlay is the distance it is from my home. I really do love it here and the more time i spend here the more it is becoming like a home to me. I learned not to just give up on a place after the first semester, give it time to grow on you.

UF is best known for our outstanding Equestrian Studies program. With a large, well-run facility and a superb teaching staff who are also active in the equine industry, the program is directed at students who are pursuing a career in the world of competetive horse showing. This is not a weekend trail ride. This is not a daily riding lesson. This is equine boot camp. If you are truly looking to become a professional trainer, the University of Findlay's Equestrian Studies program will prepare you thoroughly for your career, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Learn how to suck it up, turn off the television, the music, your cell phone, and disconnect your internet if that's what it takes for you to hunker down and dig into that ten page paper that needs to be done within the next two hours or those three fifty-page chapters you neglected to read until the night before the exam. Begin to learn the fine art of microwave cooking. Prepare yourself, mentally and physically, for dining hall food. To prepare physically, consider sustaining yourself before hand on mushy fish sticks, rubber pizza, Cheerios, popcorn, and beef jerkey. Oh, and lots of caffeine. Your major does not have to be set in stone. Don't look at it that way. Have goals and aspirations, but always have a back-up plan. Keep multiple doors open in case you ever need (or want) to look for another route. It?s going to fly by. You?re going to blink and first semester will be over. You?re going to blink again and second semester finals will be creeping up on you. Pace yourself. Balance hard work with fun. And remember that you will survive. Well?Most people do, anyway. ;)

You are going to pay hundreds of dollars for textbooks that you might read, but probably won?t. You?ll keep 'em for a couple months on your dusty, neglected bookshelf, allowing the publishers enough time to print a newer edition, rendering yours essentially worthless. Then you sell them back to the bookstore for a total of around...$7.38. Before class, email your professors. Ask which books you need. Ask if they know of anyone looking to sell their copy. Sometimes you can get away with buying a slightly older edition for cheap. Look online. Be smart. Think ahead.

Shelby

The professors can and do address student's by name and genuinely care about how well a student does in their classroom. There is a certain sense of family between the faculty and students. The University of Findlay is small compared to most universities, but academics are taken seriously and are the top priority of the students and faculty alike.

If I were able to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that everything will be alright. The hardships from my home life and unfortunate life events will not interfere with my ability to do well academically. I would also tell myself that I will be safe. that no men would ever hurt me again as they had at home. The transition would be as I anticipated and not pose a problem. I would tell myself what a wonderful person I have become and tell myself that I have a purpose. My high school self would probably not believe what I had come back to say, only for fear that it would not turn out as wonderfully as I had described. I would reassure myself that I am important, that I can do whatever I set my mind to do, and that no one can make me feel inferior when I know that I have value.

The best thing about The University of Findlay is the sense of belonging that is instilled in incoming freshman by the upperclassmen and faculty. No matter what sort of trouble a student runs into, they are never without help. Staff members will take time out of their lives to meet wth students about academic concerns or personal issues. This is an extremely valuable resource for student's transitioning from high school to life at a university.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.