Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

There are many things that i would tell myself in my senior year of high school. I would tell myself that i really need to study more. To pay attenchtion to my teachers. To try harder and to ask for the help that i needed. Also to acctually care about what i was trying to learn. Not just worry about points. I would also say that you could have done a lot more in high school then i did.

The person that shouldn't attend this school, are please who dont like horses or dont like a lot of people who ride horses. also people who really only come to the school for a semester and say the program they are in isn't worth their time.

Eden

Bright, interesting, and diverse young indivduals seeking to find sucessful futures and careers through educational experiences.

If i could go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior i would have alot to say. First of all, and most importantly, I would tell myself not to become overly worried about the college admittance process. I think that we stress ourselves out so much about getting into college these days that we forget to enjoy our senior year. High school really only does come around once in a lifetime and you can never go back to it. However, you do need to pay attention to deadlines and fill out scholarships while they are available. I would also advise myself to get the most out of my summer before going to school. Make some memories that you'll cherish for the rest of your life. As far as going to college in the fall is concerned, keep an open mind. Things are not as bad as we make them out to be. The move may be stressful but remember that it is stressful for everyone and that you're not alone. Give college a chance before you start stressing over it, it's where some of the greatest memories of your lifetime will occur.

The worst thing about Findlay is the distance it is from my home. I really do love it here and the more time i spend here the more it is becoming like a home to me. I learned not to just give up on a place after the first semester, give it time to grow on you.

UF is best known for our outstanding Equestrian Studies program. With a large, well-run facility and a superb teaching staff who are also active in the equine industry, the program is directed at students who are pursuing a career in the world of competetive horse showing. This is not a weekend trail ride. This is not a daily riding lesson. This is equine boot camp. If you are truly looking to become a professional trainer, the University of Findlay's Equestrian Studies program will prepare you thoroughly for your career, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Learn how to suck it up, turn off the television, the music, your cell phone, and disconnect your internet if that's what it takes for you to hunker down and dig into that ten page paper that needs to be done within the next two hours or those three fifty-page chapters you neglected to read until the night before the exam. Begin to learn the fine art of microwave cooking. Prepare yourself, mentally and physically, for dining hall food. To prepare physically, consider sustaining yourself before hand on mushy fish sticks, rubber pizza, Cheerios, popcorn, and beef jerkey. Oh, and lots of caffeine. Your major does not have to be set in stone. Don't look at it that way. Have goals and aspirations, but always have a back-up plan. Keep multiple doors open in case you ever need (or want) to look for another route. It?s going to fly by. You?re going to blink and first semester will be over. You?re going to blink again and second semester finals will be creeping up on you. Pace yourself. Balance hard work with fun. And remember that you will survive. Well?Most people do, anyway. ;)

You are going to pay hundreds of dollars for textbooks that you might read, but probably won?t. You?ll keep 'em for a couple months on your dusty, neglected bookshelf, allowing the publishers enough time to print a newer edition, rendering yours essentially worthless. Then you sell them back to the bookstore for a total of around...$7.38. Before class, email your professors. Ask which books you need. Ask if they know of anyone looking to sell their copy. Sometimes you can get away with buying a slightly older edition for cheap. Look online. Be smart. Think ahead.

Shelby

The professors can and do address student's by name and genuinely care about how well a student does in their classroom. There is a certain sense of family between the faculty and students. The University of Findlay is small compared to most universities, but academics are taken seriously and are the top priority of the students and faculty alike.

If I were able to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that everything will be alright. The hardships from my home life and unfortunate life events will not interfere with my ability to do well academically. I would also tell myself that I will be safe. that no men would ever hurt me again as they had at home. The transition would be as I anticipated and not pose a problem. I would tell myself what a wonderful person I have become and tell myself that I have a purpose. My high school self would probably not believe what I had come back to say, only for fear that it would not turn out as wonderfully as I had described. I would reassure myself that I am important, that I can do whatever I set my mind to do, and that no one can make me feel inferior when I know that I have value.

The best thing about The University of Findlay is the sense of belonging that is instilled in incoming freshman by the upperclassmen and faculty. No matter what sort of trouble a student runs into, they are never without help. Staff members will take time out of their lives to meet wth students about academic concerns or personal issues. This is an extremely valuable resource for student's transitioning from high school to life at a university.

Kelsey

They are selfish, competition driven, gossips, who think too much of themselves and too little of others, who think they can get away with cheating because they have "connections"

They had a direct entry program and it is realitively close to my grandparents house

Looking back, I would tell myself not too slack off. Private college is a lot harder than the PSEOP program through the local public university you attended. Don't worry too much about family issues, tough it out, school is right around the corner and you don't know how much you will actually miss them once your gone. Spend more time with your brother and friends. Don't drop off the face of the earth because you think that pushing hard in high school will make college easier to slack off in. Continue to follow your faith, keep up the volunteering and keep an open mind about people. Don't judge a book by its cover, people can suprise you. Go along with the crowd while it suits you, but keep a level head and don't do anything stupid. Try lots of new things, foods, sports, classes, and social groups; it might just suprise you what you come to like. Don't stress too much, grey hairs are not becoming. Relax, breath, you are a smart driven student who has lots of potential. Call mom and dad when you don't know what you are doing. Good luck.

Lancelot

State of the Art Facility at the western and English barns

State of the Art Facility at the western and English barns

Join a Fraturity and go straight to College after high school instead of the Army. It would make learning so much easier.

Kevin

The classmates that I have now are more engaged and open as we are shifting more into our major-focused classes and getting to know each other deeply through constant interpersonal relations.

From my current experiences I have learned that personal exploration within one's field of study enhances the intrinsic value of his/her education. I became greatly inspired by one particular faculty member at the University of Findlay; her name is Dr. Evelyn Buday and she works in the Psychology Department. Her classes were very demanding but so thought-provoking and engaging that I could not get enough of Psychology. I then switched my major and my current career goal is to become a college professor in order to allow my newly-found passion to generate excitement in others, similarly to how I was affected. So, my best advice to Kevin H. Patton, high school senior, is to gain as much knowledge on your own in a particular field of interest, or multiple! Learn as much as you can outside of the classroom and apply it within the classroom, and in your daily routines. Make the best of what you learn, from a new word to a law in Physics. William Glasser defines Fun as "the genetic reward for learning." You will have great amounts of fun from adhering to this lifestyle. Good luck and enjoy the knowledge building process!

The quality of person that the University of Findlay requires, at least in the Psychology/Philosophy departments, must possess an open mind and a willingness to explore the beliefs of others. The person should be community-oriented and willing to offer their time. A deep commitment must be made in the classroom as well as a hardened character, or ability to break free from comfort zones and explore the world of relationships, opportunities, and experiences that Findlay has to offer.

I would tell myself that just because I did well in high school that doesn't mean you can take a break now...being at the top here is only temporary. Your about to enter a whole new world out there when you go to college and if you get out of the habit of hard work it can be super difficult to pick up. Don't fall behind on your future because your stuck in the past...and don't let others encourage you to do so. Being in school isn't usually incredibly easy for anyone and if you have your aspirations set no one can deter you.

Kevin

If I could go back the advice I would give myself is to try harder in highschool to prepare myself more for college. I would have also told myself to work harder to get scholarships and grants to help pay for college.

I think the worst thing about my school is not getting nearly as much cash for the books that were bought at the start of the semester.

The type of person that should attend must be willing to devote time and effert to have positive results.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.