Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Lancelot

State of the Art Facility at the western and English barns

State of the Art Facility at the western and English barns

Join a Fraturity and go straight to College after high school instead of the Army. It would make learning so much easier.

Kevin

The classmates that I have now are more engaged and open as we are shifting more into our major-focused classes and getting to know each other deeply through constant interpersonal relations.

From my current experiences I have learned that personal exploration within one's field of study enhances the intrinsic value of his/her education. I became greatly inspired by one particular faculty member at the University of Findlay; her name is Dr. Evelyn Buday and she works in the Psychology Department. Her classes were very demanding but so thought-provoking and engaging that I could not get enough of Psychology. I then switched my major and my current career goal is to become a college professor in order to allow my newly-found passion to generate excitement in others, similarly to how I was affected. So, my best advice to Kevin H. Patton, high school senior, is to gain as much knowledge on your own in a particular field of interest, or multiple! Learn as much as you can outside of the classroom and apply it within the classroom, and in your daily routines. Make the best of what you learn, from a new word to a law in Physics. William Glasser defines Fun as "the genetic reward for learning." You will have great amounts of fun from adhering to this lifestyle. Good luck and enjoy the knowledge building process!

The quality of person that the University of Findlay requires, at least in the Psychology/Philosophy departments, must possess an open mind and a willingness to explore the beliefs of others. The person should be community-oriented and willing to offer their time. A deep commitment must be made in the classroom as well as a hardened character, or ability to break free from comfort zones and explore the world of relationships, opportunities, and experiences that Findlay has to offer.

I would tell myself that just because I did well in high school that doesn't mean you can take a break now...being at the top here is only temporary. Your about to enter a whole new world out there when you go to college and if you get out of the habit of hard work it can be super difficult to pick up. Don't fall behind on your future because your stuck in the past...and don't let others encourage you to do so. Being in school isn't usually incredibly easy for anyone and if you have your aspirations set no one can deter you.

Kevin

If I could go back the advice I would give myself is to try harder in highschool to prepare myself more for college. I would have also told myself to work harder to get scholarships and grants to help pay for college.

I think the worst thing about my school is not getting nearly as much cash for the books that were bought at the start of the semester.

The type of person that should attend must be willing to devote time and effert to have positive results.

KenTiara

My school is very exspensive , yet the professors are friendly most of my teacher's know what they are teaching the students. It's supportive and clean the food is appealling.

I would say college life is what you make and it is a time to grow up and become a better person. college is a time to leave all the child games along. You should alway pick a college that you feel is right for you not a college that you think that you would have more fun at, just because your friends are going.

The best thing about this college is that i am learning a lot of things this is my second college, the first one was very wrong for me. Here at the college that I am at now, I am challenged and I am learning with understanding.

Julia

I would tell myself to make sure I stay focused. I would also take different classes in high school. For example I would have taken another year of Spanish and I would have also taken chemistry classes. I would have told myself to stay in cheerleading throughout high school, so I could do cheerleading at the University of Findlay. And last but not least I would tell myself beware of the "freshmen 15". For those who are not aware of the freshman 15, it is when a freshman gain 15 pounds.

Being a Browns fan, I wish I would have known that this was Steelers country because Ben grew up here.

The price of textbooks and the amount of money you get back when you sell them back which is not anything close to what one paid.

Kelsi

The majority of my classmates are fun and outgoing, but everyone is very serious about their studies.

If I was given the chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to keep an open mind. There were a lot of opportunities I missed when I first got on campus because I felt like I wouldn't find it interesting or fun. Now that I've spent more time exploring different groups and clubs, I wish I would have gotten involved sooner. I missed out on a lot of great events and opportunites because I wrongly assumed they wouldn't interest me. I would also tell myself that's okay to have a little fun. When I look back now I realize that my first semester was spent studying excessively when it wasn't necessary. I was so worried about getting everything perfect that I left myself no time to make the lifelong friendships that usually develop during your college carreer.

The worst thing about my school is the very high cost. It's very difficult for the average student to find funds to attend a private university like The University of Findlay. Luckily, they offer scholarships for academic acheivement and individual talent.

Sammi

Stay at school on the weekends and be more social. Try hard in your classes to get the best GPA possible. Don't work so hard in classes in which people have told you that it is not necessary.

a person who likes big city life

Lindsay

It is a warm, welcoming, healthy learning environment.

It is a warm, welcoming, healthy learning environment.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would teach myself how to study. It wasn't hard for me to make friends in a new place and it wasn't hard for me to live "on my own" either. I had a hard time my first semester at the University of Findlay because I had never had to study before. I was one of those kids that stuff just came to easily, I rarely had to study and could just take notes in class and get A's in my classes. I believe that the key to being a success in college is knowing how to study and knowing that you want to graduate and become what you've always dreamed of becoming; for me it is a veterinarian. Without being told by my advisor, I may have never realized that the reason I was stuggling was because I wasn't studying enough.

I wish I would have known how much tuition goes up each year. This is quite an expensive school and the tuition only gets higher each year!

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.