Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

KenTiara

My school is very exspensive , yet the professors are friendly most of my teacher's know what they are teaching the students. It's supportive and clean the food is appealling.

I would say college life is what you make and it is a time to grow up and become a better person. college is a time to leave all the child games along. You should alway pick a college that you feel is right for you not a college that you think that you would have more fun at, just because your friends are going.

The best thing about this college is that i am learning a lot of things this is my second college, the first one was very wrong for me. Here at the college that I am at now, I am challenged and I am learning with understanding.

Julia

I would tell myself to make sure I stay focused. I would also take different classes in high school. For example I would have taken another year of Spanish and I would have also taken chemistry classes. I would have told myself to stay in cheerleading throughout high school, so I could do cheerleading at the University of Findlay. And last but not least I would tell myself beware of the "freshmen 15". For those who are not aware of the freshman 15, it is when a freshman gain 15 pounds.

Being a Browns fan, I wish I would have known that this was Steelers country because Ben grew up here.

The price of textbooks and the amount of money you get back when you sell them back which is not anything close to what one paid.

Kelsi

The majority of my classmates are fun and outgoing, but everyone is very serious about their studies.

If I was given the chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to keep an open mind. There were a lot of opportunities I missed when I first got on campus because I felt like I wouldn't find it interesting or fun. Now that I've spent more time exploring different groups and clubs, I wish I would have gotten involved sooner. I missed out on a lot of great events and opportunites because I wrongly assumed they wouldn't interest me. I would also tell myself that's okay to have a little fun. When I look back now I realize that my first semester was spent studying excessively when it wasn't necessary. I was so worried about getting everything perfect that I left myself no time to make the lifelong friendships that usually develop during your college carreer.

The worst thing about my school is the very high cost. It's very difficult for the average student to find funds to attend a private university like The University of Findlay. Luckily, they offer scholarships for academic acheivement and individual talent.

Sammi

Stay at school on the weekends and be more social. Try hard in your classes to get the best GPA possible. Don't work so hard in classes in which people have told you that it is not necessary.

a person who likes big city life

Lindsay

It is a warm, welcoming, healthy learning environment.

It is a warm, welcoming, healthy learning environment.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would teach myself how to study. It wasn't hard for me to make friends in a new place and it wasn't hard for me to live "on my own" either. I had a hard time my first semester at the University of Findlay because I had never had to study before. I was one of those kids that stuff just came to easily, I rarely had to study and could just take notes in class and get A's in my classes. I believe that the key to being a success in college is knowing how to study and knowing that you want to graduate and become what you've always dreamed of becoming; for me it is a veterinarian. Without being told by my advisor, I may have never realized that the reason I was stuggling was because I wasn't studying enough.

I wish I would have known how much tuition goes up each year. This is quite an expensive school and the tuition only gets higher each year!

Ken'Tiara

The advice that I would give myself is not to attend the first college that I attended because the college did not teach me what I needed to learn. I, also would tell myself to learn to be more organized about all my work from then until college becuase a lot can change not just wth my study habits but with the way I will be learning. Another thing that I would tell myself is to help myself first before trying to help someone else because it will turn around and hurt you afterwards. Too, that college is not just about partying or even making new friends but it is about learning and getting all that you need to learn about the career that you wish to succeed in.

A person who likes to party and thinks that college is a joke its the type of person that should not attend this college. The reason being is because this college is one of the colleges that I can say is really trying to teach you what you need to know in your field of studies.

I have not came across any frustations from my college that I am attending.

Bethany

My classmates are excited to learn about their future profession and are very supportive of one another as well as generally cheerful and encouraging.

Dear Bethany, Please understand that this time of you life is meant to be a growth period. You are in the right profession and you are going to love it. You are going to make wonderful friends, but not everyone on campus will accept you and that is perfectly ok. Your identity is priceless. Do not worry about the small things, somehow they usually seem to take their own course . Do not be embaressed to ask others what they think or why they think that way; it will challenge them to look further. You can never do enough to help out other international students . They are loyal friends and fun company. Your teacher are going to investin you and support you. You are not alone in your struggles. Remeber to rest along with all the activites that I know that you will want to get involved in. You can not give your best if your body and your heart are exhusted. Know that you are never alone. With blessings, Future Bethany Parkhurst

I wish I would have known that it is to my benefit to be who I am and not the image of what I thought would be smart to become.

Joseph

Branch out. Get to know as many people as you can. If you sit back and watch the world go by, you will be wishing you hadn't later on in life. It is never a sin to be a nice person. Be kind to everyone you meet and respect yourself and all other people. If you give respect, you will get it right back in return. If you get respect, be humble, do not gloat, simply take it as a nice gesture. Remember, nobody had to give you that respect, you had to earn it. Communicate your feelings and emotions as clear as you can. Good communication is always key to success. Keep your ears open and just as importantly, keep your mind open. You never know when you will need somebody to help you out in the end. Be courteous. Always help others, not only when there is money or compensation involved. It IS ok to do nice things, just to do them. And most importantly, never forget who you are or where you came from. Nobody is ever better than anyone else. We are all equal and should be treated that way.

I would tell myself that this is the last year of high school and my grades and SAT score are top priority. If I could obtain a GPA of 3.7 I could receive a scholarship for $14,000 and this would be very helpful with succeeding. I would also remind myself that I have lettered varsity fastpitch softball since my freshman year and could also receive a scholarship for playing softball for the University of Findlay. Also, once my Bachelor's degree and CPA have been achieved my future will be bright and full of wealth.

I wish I had known at the beginning of my college career that I was going to transfer to the University of Findlay from Owens Community College so that I would have taken all of the transferrable classes; this would have saved me a lot of time and money. I also would have like to know at the beginning of college that attending a full-time status helps me obtain more grants and scholarships, thus making getting an education more feasible.

I am transferring to the University of Findlay next semester so I cannot really say what the worse thing about the college is, but what I hate about any new workplace or school is getting to know the campus and my way around. It will be difficult at first to avoid getting lost, but anything is achievable.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.